S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone swap in the kenne bell supercharger on the type R?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 05:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,515 Likes on 3,927 Posts

I think you're asking about the Kenne Belle for an 2000 XKR so you may do better in the XKR forum.
But you never know...
(someone may offer to re-post in English in that forum and translate any replies?)

Old 08-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Bonjour Philippe, je suis d'accord avec jagV8. La section de forum de XKR serait plus utile à répondre à vos questions. Je ne sais pas parler combien des membres français sont là bien que.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,065 Likes on 760 Posts

Bonjour Philippe, and that is how far I can come without google translator ;-)

I have finished my Twin-Screw kit for the XKR and your model, so if interested you can PM me, and I can explain the advantages of my kit over others,
I live in Belgium close to antwerp, from where are you?

Old 08-23-2010, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello André and thank you for responding. I can not speak te mp so how should I do?
I live in Nimes, France. And I often go to belgium lol.
I am very interested to know the benefits of your kit.

friendships

Old 08-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Veteran Member

Hi Philippe,

PM = Private Mail, if you click on my profile you see an option "send e-mail".

Let me know when you are close to Antwerp, we could meet up, and I can let you experience my TS setup (word of warning though, you might not want to go back to your own XKR then ;-).

Here is my private email address andre.vos@telenet.be

Old 08-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Andre, what has happened with your project?

Old 08-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member

Actually a lot.

I am ready now with the kits for the 4.0 & XKRs, and 4.2 XKRs for the steel bodied ones. I have found a way to have just 1 design, for which you can now always update from Stage I to the Stage II version. (this wasn’t there before, and I had 2 different designs per Stage).
Now I am (still) testing the Stage II (want to have lots of miles in different conditions before I even think of putting this on other cars). Will do some dyno runs in a couple of weeks.

Now for the STRs for which you probably asked:
Not sure if you have seen my request to test out a new inlet design modification for STRs, but no one has reacted so far, which is strange as it will help anyone with the stock Eaton. So I will drop this one.

I have already thought out how to make a radical new inlet design (this will only fit the TS kit), now I need to find the time to make a 3d drawing of it. The good news is that I can use all the other custom parts that I have for the XKR TS kit, and only (well not only as it will be a big job) need to make the intake elbow.

So any STR enthusiast interested will need to hold their breath for a while, but when it will be ready it will blow your socks of ;-)

The following users liked this post:
LuvmyJagNZ (12-31-2022)
Old 08-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by avos

I am ready now with the kits for the 4.0 & XKRs, and 4.2 XKRs for the steel bodied ones.

So any STR enthusiast interested will need to hold their breath for a while, but when it will be ready it will blow your socks of ;-)
You guys may be holding your breath for a year or two. I know I have. I don't mean to offend Avos, but just being realistic. I know this is Andre's hobby and he's done a great thing with the twin screw kits, but the XKR kit was supposed to be out years ago. Then it was supposed to be ready last Dec./Jan. Is it finally really ready? Great!

Old 08-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm ready when you are.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SteveM
You guys may be holding your breath for a year or two. I know I have. I don't mean to offend Avos, but just being realistic. I know this is Andre's hobby and he's done a great thing with the twin screw kits, but the XKR kit was supposed to be out years ago. Then it was supposed to be ready last Dec./Jan. Is it finally really ready? Great!
Hi SteveM,

Now the big question, are you ready?

Just as a side note, I was ready a couple of years back, and then I did do 5 conversions. The unfortunate thing was that I needed to make all parts myself by hand, and that took ages as I only have a hobby milling machine. After that it was a waiting game and all stood still (you probably know who I was waiting for). Anyhow I stopped waiting, last year, and did have a production version ready December 2009 as promised, and installed it on my car. Next I knew more could be done so I worked on the Stage II kit, and needed to get that work done first.

Stage II is ready now also, just want to test it a bit longer on my car, and more importantly I have been able to adjust the design in such a way that now (for the cheap shots under us ;-) you could start with a Stage I, and later without extra costs can move up to a Stage II.

I don't need to live on what I do, and I want it to be the best possible DIY KIT without any compromises. I drive at least 500 miles a week with it (already 100Kmiles with different TS setups), and want it to be perfect for my own car too which it finaly now is.

Of course from a business point of view I should have just made the Stage I and should have sold it for some income, and then continue on the Stage II and others, but as said I am not in it for the business, purely for the enjoyment to make a perfect conversion for my own car, and also to be able to help out others that have the "low performance" problem

Sorry, but I can't say how much time I need for the STR, though the good part is that I can reuse a lot of parts from the XKR/XJR setup, so that helps, and I work with somone that supports me in making the 3d drawings needed for the CNC, priceless.

The only way to speed it up would be to spend more, which is what I am trying to avoid as much as I can (all my time is already for free). This is an option, but then I would need to have deposists to cover for costs from businesses I need to hire time from and of course the final price will than be higher.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Hi Avos, I just came in and missed the jist of this thread so I may come off a bit aloof...Are you developing an inlet tube for the STR with the Eaton? If so, what kind of deposit ($$$) do you require to put forth the production? Are you in need of a deposit for each individual person wanting the modded inlet tube or for the entire production process? Second, were you also speaking of the production of an STR TS blower conversion? Last, the Magnaflow hi-flo cats woke up my 03 STR like there was no tomorrow. It's a beast...night and day. The throttle response is super crisp and quick. Coupled with the Magnaflow x-pipe, 2 1/2" pipe, and Magnaflow mufflers, driving her is a hoot. I've also noticed transmission shifts are higher up the RPM band too. I'm now wondering what a freer flowing inlet pipe has in store? Be well.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Avos,
I'm so interested in knowing more about the inlet tube, that I've become a member of this forum!
I'm UK based....

Old 08-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member

The biggest restriction in the whole inlet system is the last part where you have a sharp U turn with the TB in the middle. I had an idea to streamline the airflow in that part, and have posted this some time back, here is the link:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=39984

I still think this could bring something, but you never know until you have made it and tested it.

But as with the TS kit you can move much more air, I think it is better to remove that restriction as much as possible, so I will see if I can work out a completely new design, but that would only fit the TS kit I am making.

Once I have it in a 3d cad drawing and ready for the TS kit, I think could make it so that it also fits the Eaton, but that is not my ambition as the Eaton itself is already a bottle neck.

So for now I will only focus on the TS kit.

Another area for improvement would be the air filter, so a larger air filter box that still gets its cold air from outside the engine bay with a larger cone filter inside.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:19 PM

Hi! It's seven years later and I would like to know what is the status of the TS project for the SType. If ready I'm interested on installing it on my 2003 with 64000 km

Also, has anyone put stiffer suspensions? It is possible with the active suspension that comes with?

Anyone has replaced the open differential with an LSD?

Cheers!

Old 01-29-2018, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,211 Posts

You are about 2 years to late on the TS. Avos has discontinued production.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:45 AM

Thanks joycesjag, yes, after posting this I kept investigating and found out about Avos doing a final run last summer.

I sent him a PM yesterday asking if it was possible at least to make the CAD files and the instructions "open source" so his knowledge is not lost, in case that he doesn't want to produce them anymore.

If anyone else is interested in the "open source" maybe can show support here Or if there is enough demand maybe Avos would want to make a third run

About the LSD I also found later that it has been done, but haven't found anything about stiffer suspension. I know it is a Jag and is supossed to be comfortable, but to me is a little too soft and it will improve body roll at cornering if stiffer.

The following users liked this post:
Mickoxjr (02-20-2024)
Old 01-31-2018, 04:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,515 Likes on 3,927 Posts

Yours is probably worn.

Old 02-01-2018, 05:45 AM

Just passed the anual inspection at Jaguar and didn't say anything about it. Maybe I could start changing to polibushes

Actually, I just collected the car from Jaguar today, last weekend I got a "restricted performance" and the car stalled. It only was a 9€ relay for the petrol pump, but they took 6 hours to diagnose it, removing the back seat and checking the pump, removing the glovebox...

I paid them the 6h (@100€/h) plus the 9€ for the relay because I didn't feel like arguing but I think they should have located it much quicker. The code they got was lack of fuel pressure so first thing they should have done is to check the pump relay before taking it out from the tank. Don't you think?

May be somewhere on the forum that information was available, next time I'll investigate further. I thought it was going to be a problem with the coils but apparently they are fine.

So leason: "restricted performance" -> engine shut down -> low fuel presure code => check first the pump relay!

Old 11-26-2022, 06:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this is a very old post, but I looked at the Ken Bell website and I don't see any SC for jaguar.... are you guys buying the Ford ones and modifying them.... I'm having my engine swapped and want to make some HP gains, I already have the smaller SC pulley, can I get 50-100hp added for around $1000?

Old 11-27-2022, 03:45 AM
Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Stosh1017
I know this is a very old post, but I looked at the Ken Bell website and I don't see any SC for jaguar.... are you guys buying the Ford ones and modifying them.... I'm having my engine swapped and want to make some HP gains, I already have the smaller SC pulley, can I get 50-100hp added for around $1000?
Hi
500 bhp is is available out of the STR engine with a replacement ecu, google swallows racing maquires S-type R, they got over 500bhp by changing the ecu and the ecu allows for a manual gearbox setup if wanted
cheers
Joe

Last edited by Joedotcom; 11-27-2022 at 03:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone swap in the kenne bell supercharger on the type R?