S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arden parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Arden parts?

Anyone know the best place to buy Arden in the US? I did a search but didn't have any luck. I found a place in Miami On Google but two emails and a phone call and a week later no one will respond.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

Old 04-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Did you try FierceSpeed ? They are a site sponsor. Not sure if they give any deals or discounts for members.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Mina Gallery (aka Jaguar XP) sells some Arden equipment - exhaust/suspension etc....

Old 04-29-2011, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Did you try FierceSpeed ? They are a site sponsor. Not sure if they give any deals or discounts for members.
I have not I will check them out. Thanks

Old 04-29-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by The Chris X
Mina Gallery (aka Jaguar XP) sells some Arden equipment - exhaust/suspension etc....
Yes I looked over there they only sell the parts I already have or don't need. I was looking for a few interior/exterior parts and some performance things I wanted info on.

I might call them and see if they have access to more. Thanks

Old 04-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member

Right on. Maybe list exactly what you are looking for and someone may have a source for you.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:47 AM

Right on. Maybe list exactly what you are looking for and someone may have a source for you.
Good idea. I figured since the car already has the full suspension I might as well keep the theam going.

I was looking at the door seals, matts, front splitter lower mesh. I am also very interested in there unique piggy back ecu, and some info on the 4.5L stroker motor, I am sure the motor is crazy money but if they sell just the crank I have ideas or just to find out if its a custom crank or just a regrind stock one?

Stuff like that LOL.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member

This car you are getting - what year?

Mina has the lower mesh for both 03-04 and 05 -07 although not labeled as Arden.

We recently had a fairly thorough floor mat thread - maybe search for that one. I can't recall if anyone suggested Arden brand mats but there are many other options.

By "door seals" do you mean the rubber seal for the door, or the fancy sill plates that say "Jaguar" on the door sill? Or side skirts?

I'm assuming you were browsing the German Motoring website and that piquied your curiosity in some of these parts (and that they are who you tried to contact).

FierceSpeed does carry the floor mats ($500+), door sill protector set ($585) and the front lower mesh grill - price varies by year. The ECU is a whopping $4,590.00. Looks like most of what you want they offer if you want to pony up for it.

Eurotoys has an ECU tune for less than a grand and some other stuff you may be interested in as well. There are several performance threads on here for most of that stuff which I'm sure you have already read.

Need some pics of your new car when you get it too!

Good luck and keep us up to speed on developments....

Old 04-29-2011, 03:33 PM

This car you are getting - what year?

Mina has the lower mesh for both 03-04 and 05 -07 although not labeled as Arden.

We recently had a fairly thorough floor mat thread - maybe search for that one. I can't recall if anyone suggested Arden brand mats but there are many other options.

By "door seals" do you mean the rubber seal for the door, or the fancy sill plates that say "Jaguar" on the door sill? Or side skirts?

I'm assuming you were browsing the German Motoring website and that piquied your curiosity in some of these parts (and that they are who you tried to contact).

FierceSpeed does carry the floor mats ($500+), door sill protector set ($585) and the front lower mesh grill - price varies by year. The ECU is a whopping $4,590.00. Looks like most of what you want they offer if you want to pony up for it.

Eurotoys has an ECU tune for less than a grand and some other stuff you may be interested in as well. There are several performance threads on here for most of that stuff which I'm sure you have already read.

Need some pics of your new car when you get it too!

Good luck and keep us up to speed on developments....
Thanks for all the info and time. It is an 03 car, I am making a quick pit stop to meet Vance850 since it's in his him town and get some pics of the two together.

Fiercespeed had most of the answeres and parts I was look at. Yes I was thinking the door seal chrome part, might just do the MG lower mesh thanks for that info.

I have a call into euro toys about there ecu. The Arden looked interesting since it's a piggy back and maybe I could retune it but that price is crazy! I could do a standalone and have the cash to grind through making it work and save money at that price!!!

Thanks for the help. Looks like maybe a few accessories here and there may do it at those prices. But now I know.

Jim

Old 04-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

Good luck if you try to do a standalone. You'll REALLY need it.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by jagv8
Good luck if you try to do a standalone. You'll REALLY need it.
I have don it before on a customers Lexus SC 430 that we twin turboed. It had a lot of the same issues the STR would. Drive by wire TB, Can Bus, speed sensors at every wheel, ecu controll of gauges etc...

We used to factory ecu to run everything but the motor and a Motec M800 to run the motor. Use to Kidd about that factory Ecu was was being told more lies then a judge LOL.

It was a PITA but once done it worked great made about 650rwhp and drove like a dream. Latter we just went with the M800 dash and a turbo 400 trans since the owner wanted 800+hp but it had the dual ecu setup for about a year probelm free.

It was a pain and a lot of long nights and some oh crap this will never work moments but in the end it came out really nice.

Jim

Old 05-01-2011, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member

Nice - sounds like you have the experience and skill to tackle such a job. I'd venture to say there is a hole in the marketplace for a more reasonably priced unit as well - you see how popular Mafioso's intake is......if you can get it to work reliably and fairly cheap, you may have a market that could help offset your expenses. Just a thought (and gentle nudge to go for it...LOL).

Almost $5 grand for the Arden version it just insane to me. I don't know if the exchange rate is a problem or whatever, but who is buying that?

Last edited by The Chris X; 05-02-2011 at 06:49 AM. Reason: spelling fail
The following users liked this post:
bfsgross (05-01-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

I like the tone of this thread. I'm on a similar wavelength of delving into the ECU as a means of cracking into at least 400 rwhp. I spoke with Mike of Eurotoys several times, asking him for some specific info. on the ECU tune. He didn't give out too much.

Last edited by bfsgross; 05-01-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:59 AM

A standalone would not be cheap, far from it. If I used an AEM since it's the cheapest ecu (much less then the M800) and I have a lot of support from Devin the tuner over at aem. The ecu would run 2k ish with the few sensors you would need. Say another 100$ to have a crank wheel milled out and the pickup. Guess 500ish in a harness and if I did all the install and work getting it to talk with everything myself and with some freinds still would most likly end up at 3k before dyno tuning with fee labor. That's if no big issues come up that I have to fly someone in for.

We spent a week trying to get the Lex SC to sync with the ecu. Just to find out it took two sec with a grinder on the crank trigger because one of the teeth on the wheel was just a bit to wide. Doing one off stuff can take a while. When something goes wrong on a car that's running you look first to what you cahanged, when you have changed everything it can be anything.

I am going to work on doing a piggy back first since that's just so much cheaper route an really all we need to do is change A/F timing and maybe dwell. I get the car on tuesday give me a few weeks and some phone calls and I will atleast know if a piggy back can be done.

Bfsgross,
I would think you should be way over 400rwhp now? If mafioso is at 360ish with just the intake, add a pully, exhaust ect... You should at least be at 400rwhp. A generic euro toys ecu and the cryo spray should put you in the mid 400s I would think?

bfsgross (05-01-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

qwikcat, she was heatsoaked during dyno. Is the "Cryo-Spray" a complicated install and is this system a "Hit the button when ya need it" like NOS? I'd prefer to have a system that doesn't require driver input. Perhaps a "Chiller" system if it just means leaving the a/c on. Paramount sells its own 3 lb pulley and tuned numerous XKR and STR 4.2's for $599 Euro. They'll tune an ECU shipped to them. Wondering if it compares and/or exceeds the Eurotoys ECU tune (?). This a.m. I dropped Parmaount a note.

Last edited by bfsgross; 05-01-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by bfsgross
qwikcat, she was heatsoaked during dyno. Is the "Cryo-Spray" a complicated install and is this system a "Hit the button when ya need it" like NOS? I'd prefer to have a system that doesn't require driver input. Perhaps a "Chiller" system if it just means leaving the a/c on. Paramount sells its own 3 lb pulley and tuned numerous XKR and STR 4.2's for $599 Euro. They'll tune an ECU shipped to them. Wondering if it compares and/or exceeds the Eurotoys ECU tune (?). This a.m. I dropped Parmaount a note.
What type of numbers did you get? What type of dyno and what ambient air temps?

The cryo kit is basicly a NOS kit just spraying C02 and useing a spray bar on the heat excahnger, it lowers temps big time. It could be used as a "hit the button" a WOT switch or the way I will set mine up is a boost switch set at say 5-10lbs with a controller to spray how and when I want. Add a arm switch since I don't want it if I am just pulling out in traffic and you can get 30-40min of use on a 10lb bottel and C02 is about 1.50$ a #.

I love the killer chiller like the ford guys run but that's a lot of cash and a lot of work for a chiller on a maxed blower. If I am doing all that I am diching the heatenton for a real blower. I really don't want to go that far, I hope to get low to mid 400s with bolt ons and some tuning which I think is doable and another 50-75 on the bottel. 500rw when you need it is enough for me keeping with resonable cost.

bfsgross (05-01-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 04:23 PM

Almost forgot please keep me in the loop once you hear back for Paramount. Very interested in what they have to say.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Did some searching around for "Paramount-Performance" to get more info on their ECU tune and performance upgrades. Some friends of mine who are Jag techs said they are more or less like Euro Toys for ECU tunes, but Paramount is more costly as compared to EuroToys in their product lines.

Paramount Performance Ltd - Jaguar S Type Engine Upgrades

Last edited by jag79; 05-01-2011 at 05:57 PM.
qikcat (05-01-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

I run a Killer Chiller on my 200 XKR & find it to work better than I ever expected. The cost is only around $800.00 & the bang for the buck is well worth the investment. The install will have to be custom but what isn't on our cars. With my car sitting at an idle the charge coolers will start to show condensation, they are cold to the touch. The A/C system is not being overworked & operates normally. My car will run 20 psi of boost with the water meth operating, the coolant temp on the discharge side of the charge coolers will go up to 130 if run very hard at wide open throttle on a run up to app 140 mph, however as soon as you back off the throttle the temp goes right back to 90. If you use a Killer Chiller you will never have to worry about heat soak. When I had the Eaton M112 on my car the temp would go to 150 then come right back just as quick. The nice thing about the Chiller is you do nothing just leave your climate control in the Auto position as designed. I also wanted to mention with the Chiller I was able to eliminate the supercharger radiator as it would have the reverse effect in the warm weather.

qikcat (05-01-2011)
Old 05-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxkr
I run a Killer Chiller on my 200 XKR & find it to work better than I ever expected. The cost is only around $800.00 & the bang for the buck is well worth the investment. The install will have to be custom but what isn't on our cars. With my car sitting at an idle the charge coolers will start to show condensation, they are cold to the touch. The A/C system is not being overworked & operates normally. My car will run 20 psi of boost with the water meth operating, the coolant temp on the discharge side of the charge coolers will go up to 130 if run very hard at wide open throttle on a run up to app 140 mph, however as soon as you back off the throttle the temp goes right back to 90. If you use a Killer Chiller you will never have to worry about heat soak. When I had the Eaton M112 on my car the temp would go to 150 then come right back just as quick. The nice thing about the Chiller is you do nothing just leave your climate control in the Auto position as designed. I also wanted to mention with the Chiller I was able to eliminate the supercharger radiator as it would have the reverse effect in the warm weather.
Did you seperate the engine and supercharger cooling circuits?? Also what might you be running now instead of the Eaton??

Quick Reply: Arden parts?