Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AUX IN for S-Type 2004 with NAC

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUX IN for S-Type 2004 with NAC

Hello,
first of all sorry if I'm writing something already discussed, but besides being new here, I swear that I tried to look and search in past threads, I found a lot of stuff around this topic, but not exactly a right and straight answer (maybe there isn't).

I have a S-Type year 2004 with Navigation System (please see attached picture).

I really would like to add an AUX input maybe cheating the CD-Changer connection, but I don't want to unmount all the cockpit to reach rear connectors of the Navigation unit.

I saw in the truck near the DVD reader of navigation system some connectors (please see attached picture); hopefully one of them is for the CD-Changer.

Is there around any adaptro that has compatibility with those connectors, so it can be installed in the truck and provides an AUX Input?

Kind regards and thank you in advance to everyone who will help me.

Attached Thumbnails AUX IN for S-Type 2004 with NAC-img_20150417_103849.jpg   AUX IN for S-Type 2004 with NAC-img_20150329_132927.jpg  
Old 04-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

You can just search for IPOD and that will bring up a ton of threads.

You will have to get the ACM module which will allow you to connect an Ipod as well as a USB interface and an RCA style aux in which is what I'm using.

There is no other way to get connectivity for cars with nav. Don't waste your time trying. They were about $300-$350 about 5 years ago.

That will allow connectivity near your center console. The nav based system uses fiber optic cables.

The following users liked this post:
MrMars (04-24-2015)
Old 04-24-2015, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for this "decisive" answer.
(I wrote that I looked around, also with IPOD key, but honestly I didn't find any thread were I was able to match exactly my NAV system, since afaik the year my car belongs is a transitional one between two systems, so that's why I preferred to post the picture)

Out of curiosity: what are the connectors I shooted used for, then?

Old 04-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts
Old 04-24-2015, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MrMars
Thank you so much for this "decisive" answer.
(I wrote that I looked around, also with IPOD key, but honestly I didn't find any thread were I was able to match exactly my NAV system, since afaik the year my car belongs is a transitional one between two systems, so that's why I preferred to post the picture)

Out of curiosity: what are the connectors I shooted used for, then?
Frankly I don't know.

But read up on the Jaguar ACM interface on here. There's even a link to a copy of the installation manual and operation guide as well I think.

Basically it simulates the input as a CD to the cars audio system. I only tried out an Ipod for a brief period, borrowed one. Read about how people like that. Some use a memory stick via the USB and other's like me use another mp3 player via the aux in and utilize the mp3 players interface for song selection management.

Everything would have to happen in the front of the car so that may not work for your plans?

Other people have upgraded speakers and amps without one of these.

Ironically the cars with the low end non NAV HVAC & audio interface are much easier to upgrade to a much newer system.

The FM modulators won't sound as good but the biggest issue I found was when the frequency selected for the modulator classed with a local FM broadcast. That's an issue in the NYC area but maybe less so where you are?

Old 04-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMars
afaik the year my car belongs is a transitional one between two systems
I don't think it is. Not at all. There was no transition. You either have 2002.5MY+ with fibre optic etc or you have earlier. You have 2004 so that is that.

JTIS has the Electrical Guide, which includes the connectors. It also shows the fibre optic items.

Old 04-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

I installed the ACM in my 2005 STR. I love it but it was way over priced.

I only use USB sticks now. So nice and small!
The ACM is limited to 4GB size which is small for a USB stick today.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

<self promotion>
Check my ACM replacement:
Bluetooth audio adapter for XJ8, S-Type or X-Type (D2B optical)
</self promotion>

Old 05-22-2015, 03:41 AM
Veteran Member

Have a look at his thread on the system he's developing and that should give you some idea of what you're up against as a DIY project. Jaguar's ACM is over ten years old so as a system it's effectively a dead end. I only use it as an aux in and expect ZERO interface niceties such as the song selection etc from the Jaguar entertainment system on board. But I get high quality audio and not MP3 quality so my home flac recordings can be played directly in the car.

I know ... it's not very typical of what 99.99% of people do today with their smartphones.

Maybe his system is what you're looking for?

There are no cheap, easy and good quality solutions unless you have the other style, non premium audio system in you car.