S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary Alarm removal -S Type 2.7 ltr 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018 | 12:36 PM
|
Default Auxiliary Alarm removal -S Type 2.7 ltr 2007

Due to this alarm going off randomly with all the consequential problems that causes, I have concluded that it is not really worth keeping and therefore would like to remove the troublemaker from the car. The main dealership has advised that it can be safely removed without detriment to the operation of the car, but warned that upon disconnection, the alarm would trigger and you need to open it and disconnect it internally.
The unit is securely located underneath the fusebox and windscreen washer reservoir on the offside of the engine bay. To get at it you need to remove the fusebox. However this is restricted by two tight wiring looms which connect underneath. Does anyone know how to get at the offending alarm unit to allow removal? Any feedback would be most welcome.

Old 01-20-2018 | 06:09 PM

The link below discusses the alarm issues. It has further links that may be useful to you.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...-2007-a-67106/

Old 01-22-2018 | 03:55 AM
|
Default S Type auxiliary alarm unit removal

Many thanks for your reply Paul792. I apologise for not responding more quickly, but this is the first opportunity I've had to get back to it. I will need to assess how easy it is to get to the wiring to disconnect (or cut!). I am still a little concerned that this action may result in the alarm going off and I won't be able to stop it until the internal battery runs flat. I need to research this a bit further .

Old 02-19-2018 | 03:09 AM
Default Same issue.

Hi Bagdolio,

Did you manage to resolve this issue and if so how? Im also having the same issue and can't get the fuse board off.
​​​​​​

Old 02-20-2018 | 01:09 PM
|
Default Auxiliary alarm

Hello WeightStype,
I have resolved this problem and you may be interested in the outcome.
1stly to get at the alarm unit you need to partially remove the fusebox. This appears impossible at first glance, but can be done if you force up the plastic "U' shaped trunking just forward of the fusebox (it is held in place by a plastic spigot pushed into a hole in the metal bracket. Lifting the fusebox should give enough clearance to remove the 3 x 10mm bolts holding the bracket for the fusebox mounting. You can then clearly see the alarm unit and get access to it. The alarm unit has a short connecting cable, approx 6' long with a connector at each end. The cable has a part number 6R8T-9761111-AA and is available from main dealers at less than £10. In my case I found that one of the three wires had chaffed , corroded and eventually broken, causing initially a high resistance joint and eventually an open circuit. This I believe was the cause of the intermittent triggering of the alarm. I have had advise that this fault has been seen before, so it looks like a design weakness in the cable run/protection. The good news is that the alarm did not go off when disconnected. (so presumably could be safely left disconnected if you so desire). I have fitted a replacement cable and the system appears to be operating normally once again.
Hope this helps and I wish you best of luck in sorting out your problem. I will attempt to add a photo to this thread.

Attached Thumbnails Auxiliary Alarm removal -S Type 2.7 ltr 2007-dsc02125a.jpg   Auxiliary Alarm removal -S Type 2.7 ltr 2007-dsc02121a.jpg