S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Basic Load of Tools

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Received 161 Likes on 56 Posts

I carry a ToolBox + Safety / first aid kit in the trunk. It doesn’t take up much room and its AWLAYS there. I also bring my EDC bag with me every ware I go. I've got everything from 72 hrs of food and water, to basic tools for repairs far from help or cell phones, and enough combat casualty first aid gear to last 3 people for 72 hours. Not to mention the small arsenal I keep with me.

I hope I never have to use any of it. But I never want to be in a situation where I need it, and don’t have it.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Right on Schultz! All I really carry is a AAA card, cell phone, semi-automatic pistol and some Advil.

Last edited by PantheraOncaSTR; 04-04-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 04-05-2012, 04:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by PantheraOncaSTR
Right on Schultz! All I really carry is a AAA card, cell phone, semi-automatic pistol and some Advil.
Well if I tried to carry a pistol in the car I WOULD save a hell of a lot on gas.

You don't get driving privileges in NJ prisons.

It ain't Texas friends ...

Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Understood! You gotta love the Texas CCL. The pistol is really only for fending off rattlesnakes, and any other slimy creature that may approach. The handiest tool for any Jag owner is likely the Advil

Old 04-09-2012, 11:27 AM

"It aint Texas..."

I'm from WI, stationed in VA. I'm licensed to carry in 36 states, and plan my travel accordingly if needed. I've only been to Texas in passing. Unfortunate that one state denies your right and most states make you pay & apply, but I understand and follow the system. BTW, NJ will grant both Resident AND Non-Resident CCW, so I really don't understand your Texas comment, or your reference that you’ll go to jail if you carry. If you carry LEGALLY you won’t. If you want to carry follow your local laws, go to the court house and fill out a permit. Only criminals get turned down so don’t worry, you get approved, only the good guys carry guns anyways. Criminals can’t get approved for a CCW so you know they’ll follow that law too.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

My impression is that this is a very gun unfriendly state. We had a case recently involving someone just transporting a gun unloaded in the trunk of his car during a household moving experience. The Governor had to get involved in that case.

Surely you remember this one
LiveLeak.com - Gov. Chris Christie Commutes Unjust Gun Sentence

That's what I meant by it's not Texas. I have the distinct impression that this wouldn't have happened in Texas.

I wonder if he's speaking to his mom yet ...

I'd bet that you're just going to get a whole jot more crap when you get stopped even if you don't end up getting arrested. The last thing a LEO want's is to find out that you have a gun in the car. I totally understand that.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:25 PM

You are very correct about that. NJ and NY are probably the two hardest states to carry legally. I've never traveled through NJ so didn't look it up during my earlier comment. But NJ is not alone. Even gun friendly states have cases similar to the one you've posted I'm sure. (I'm at work and do not have YouTube access on Gov. Computers.) But you hear about LEO’s not in the know, or CCW’s Permit holders breaking the law. I take both with a grain of salt as the letter of the law is clear in most cases. Perhaps the ammo was not in the right location or the gun not in proper case? I don’t know, perhaps the civilian was doing everything right. Not sure, but it happens.

It is unfortunate things like this happen. But either way I'm a firm believer that if it's the law, it is the law. Regardless if I agree or not, I'm no criminal and will do everything in my power to remain within the rules of law.

I have been fortunate that every contact with an LEO has been very smooth. I always inform them I am licensed to carry. The conversation that usually follows is “Are you carrying now?” “Yes, Sir. I am.” Sometimes I’m asked where it is, and to leave it there. Other times I’m asked to allow the LEO to remove it. I understand the LEO’s position and concern. I will allow the LEO to remove my gun. (Once that has happened, and in Texas BTW, stopped for tinted License plate cover by State Trooper)

I know we are getting off topic and I apologies. I’m not here to try and change anyone’s opinion. Just letting you know about mine.
Cheers.

The following users liked this post:
Staatsof (04-10-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tools in boot

Portable battery car starter/air compressor combo plus jumper cables, Leatherman, channelloks (many 32nds socket set), screwdrivers, paper towel, hand cleaner and a few open end wrenches.

The tools are in a plastic tub which takes up a fair amount of space. I want to downsize so that everything in the trunk fits either in the nook on the right or under the floorboard, luggage space being at a premium.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Stuff

AAA card