S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery vent not fitted

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 09:16 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Battery vent not fitted

Having just recently acquired a year 2000 S Type, I have started to have a look around to see what need doing. I'm going to SORN it over winter to work on it, and Tax and Insure next Spring - and begin enjoying the car!!

One thing I did notice when looking in the spare wheel well, was the vent on the battery not connected. Really nice Bosch S4 battery, but whoever fitted it, didn't fit the vent. There was no connector on there to fit the pipe on, so I had to fit a smaller piece of pipe that would fit both the battery and the vent pipe.

I have a V70 as well which has the battery vent, and |I am assuming that there is some risk from the Hydrogen build up, so I'm pleased I have done it.

I post this up as a note to any other new S Type owners, who haven't go round to checking the battery compartment yet.

On a good note, the wheel well area was bone dry and looked like it had never had water in there. So that's another one of the worries out of the way.

Attached Thumbnails Battery vent not fitted-battery-vent-1.jpg   Battery vent not fitted-battery-vent-2.jpg