Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BCM affecting the Climate Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 04:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCM affecting the Climate Control Module

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help with this issue my 2003 2.5L Auto S-type has developed.

I was having issues with my BCM, indicators often not working, the wipers that same and the headlights all at the front of the car.

Diagnostics identified the BCM as not getting the cottect voltage, less than 11v's most of the time. So the BCM was swapped out, and besides somethings acting differently (list below) the issues were sorted.

However (there always is isn't there) my climate control module now gives an incorrect outside temperature. In fact it starts at a high temperature and goes up as I drive along. After picking up the car and driving home I noticed it climbing and tried swapping it from Fahrenheit to Celsius, turning it off and back on, but it got up to 52c/127F before I got home, I don't live on the sun btw.

When I spoke to the Jaguar garage they just said, not us gov, but its a bit of a coincides that it was working ok before I dropped it off.

So was wondering if there is a setting in the BCM that could affect the Climate Control Module in such a way, that the garage in programming the BCM, have set wrong?

The new issues that the BCM is responsible for are (the garage have said they will fix):
Does not now flash the indicators when the car is being locked or unlocked, though still lights the indicators when you double lock the doors.
Flashing the indicators when you insert the key and again when the engine turns over (at least 3 times each)
The key fob button to turn the headlights on/sound the alarm just flashes the indicators.

Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 10-27-2020, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 440 Posts

been thinking about this for a couple days and here is what I think...in order to program a new bcm sdd must be used...in my experience with sdd programming, when it goes through the reading of the modules and then asking operator questions, some modules that are related to the module being programmed are also checked over....mostly for fault codes....anyway, I think that sdd found something in your climate control module and flagged it, or mistakenly put a glitch into it...I would get a jag specific code reader or use sdd to read all codes in all modules and I bet you will find something....I have had the same thing happen to me on an unrelated module because sdd found a code and tried to fix it without me knowing...I ended up reprogramming the affected module with sdd all by itself and problem solved....in a nutshell, do a complete datalogger code reading and maybe even a vid block read....there must be something there i would think

The following 2 users liked this post by scottjh9:
Catfan01 (10-27-2020), kr98664 (10-27-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 11:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 370 Posts

Did they configure the BCM as a new module when they installed it? If they didn’t use SDD to configure the module with your options it will still retain the old options and may have tried to write the old vehicles then do your V-block causing the car to act all wampy

The following users liked this post:
kr98664 (10-27-2020)