S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beeping noise after engine turn off

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beeping noise after engine turn off

I stopped and filled up the half tank needed for full (premium 93) I made sure that the cap is fully closed, after leaving the station the car felt like something was pulling it to stop ( like a flat tire) I stopped looked around nothing seemed weird, turn it off and on again and off I went no problems, I got to work and after turning the car off , this rapid beep came on for about 12 seconds, no lights no warnings just the beep, I locked the car and when I unlocked it open the door and the 12 - 13 second beep came on again then only light that I could see on was the e-brake light for those 12 sec, and then the light and the beep stopped, the car starts and runs now ( fingers crossed).
Any ideas?
Thanks

Old 08-22-2011, 12:02 AM

ok it seems that it's the parkbrake fault or at leats it what the dash is showing me, I will (after reading many posts) replace the battery, that seems to be the issue, I believe the battery it's very old, so I will go with that first.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,531 Likes on 3,941 Posts

Chances are it will be that. Please post back when you know.

Another rapid beep is the gearshift interlock showing a fault. Usually due to the bolts on the tranny for the shift cable being loose or missing. Check them every oil change

Old 08-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Received 161 Likes on 56 Posts

Turn your lights off... lol J/K

This was just posted here so like they said above, it's prob a batt. For some reason that puts on the "e-brake" for some reason sometimes. Or the trans bolts. (Easy fix)

Old 08-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jagv8
Chances are it will be that. Please post back when you know.

Another rapid beep is the gearshift interlock showing a fault. Usually due to the bolts on the tranny for the shift cable being loose or missing. Check them every oil change
What he said.... Remember the gearshift position also triggers the park brake. CHECK THOSE BOLTS before it is a real problem...

Also, change the battery if it is as old as you say.. That would be insurance against anything crazy in the future...

Old 08-22-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by SchultzLD
Turn your lights off... lol J/K

This was just posted here so like they said above, it's prob a batt. For some reason that puts on the "e-brake" for some reason sometimes. Or the trans bolts. (Easy fix)
haha, right you are, I had it set up on automatic for the minute and half after locking the car the lights remained on for that period, now I have it just on automatic, and the new battery fixed the problem, then I had to re-calibrate the e brake and .. voila!!
now I have to search for re-calibrating the windows and sun roof.
Thanks a lot

Old 08-22-2011, 11:38 AM

Thanks Jeff, I will have the bolts looked at on the next oil change.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Received 6,310 Likes on 5,497 Posts

Originally Posted by WPBJAG
haha, right you are, I had it set up on automatic for the minute and half after locking the car the lights remained on for that period, now I have it just on automatic, and the new battery fixed the problem, then I had to re-calibrate the e brake and .. voila!!
now I have to search for re-calibrating the windows and sun roof.
Thanks a lot
Windows are easy, wind them down and hold the button until you hear a click, then wind up and wait for the click again and you're done.

The roof is fairly straightforward too, there is a link in the FAQ's.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok all I, Sorry ive not been around much, life has thrown me some curves, and i havent really been near a pc.

Im having something similar, and im trying to fix it without going to the shop. Ive been getting the System engine fault. If i start it a few times itll go away, sometimes it comes back. If I turn the car off sometimes I get a constant beep like the post says. Once I can get the car running for a bit it seems fine, but then i have the same problem the next day

The Car stays in the garage at night, and also I let it sit for the past week. So far, I have replaced the battery. I have reset the parking brake. I thought it was fine, but it acted up a day later. I dont know what else to do. I know theres something i hear with the TPS, but not sure what im all supposed to do. Any help or direction to start looking at is appreciated

Ps. I dont know if it could add to the problem, but about 3 years ago I had an auto start put on. not sure if system engine fault can have anything to do with it, but thought id mention it.. Thanks.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,531 Likes on 3,941 Posts

Start by reading the OBD codes, else you can go mad guessing.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by maddyn
Ps. I dont know if it could add to the problem, but about 3 years ago I had an auto start put on. not sure if system engine fault can have anything to do with it, but thought id mention it.. Thanks.
Just a little "yikes" here. Another user had Limp Mode issues that most likely were caused by a sloppy aftermarket alarm install. A couple of us users spent some time with that car.

I would strongly recommend pulling the remote start and go about "fixing" any possible wiring issues caused by splicing in that devise. These cars run on a network and really don't like their electrical systems messed with. Heck, they get confused enough when there isn't any splices in the system......

Even when installing an aftermarket piece of audio equipment, you need to be VERY carefull where you pull power from. Changes in current flow tend to **** these cars off.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Don't we know it Jeff.

BTW I wonder what ever happened to Bert.