Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beeping sound, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beeping sound, Help!

ORIGINAL: h20boy

C'mon sultan, after a couple polite denials from a jag tech, you really think anyone else is going to actually help you turn it off. I have an idea, cut some wires under your seat until it stops. At least that way, if you wrech and die, when the scene investigators find your seatbelt disengaged by a user method, rather than by a qualified service tech, nobody can be drawn into that lawsuit by your family, because you won't be around any longer.

I would've given up about post #4.

On a positive note, you can sell your S and get an 03' XK, apparently it doesn't beep when the belt isn't connected.
Iam not the type of person to sue someone over my mistakes. Thats my decision that I dont want to wear my seatbelt. I was only asking if anyone could help me by telling me how to turn it off. I came here to post on the forums for a little bit of help and then i have ******** like bojangle leaving stupid posts.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

Wow. Maybe I should have just told him how to do it.....j/k

Please wear your seatbelt for everyones sake.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:05 PM

Murder? for what? your telling me iam going to get first degree murder by not wearing MY seat belt?

I live and drive so recklessly in Detroit, Michigan, and no iam not middle eastern. The only persons life Iam risking by not wearing my seat belt is my own. Iam not hurting anyone else in the process and if i do get into a accident it might save my life or it might not but that doesnt have a effect on the other driver. If he or she is wearing their seat belt thats good for them. You make it sound like iam out here doing 80 driving recklessly but you dont understand that by not wearing my seat belt iam not hurting anyone and if someone hits me it wont be because iam not wearing my seat belt

Old 01-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

That's not really true. I don't care how much insurance you have, it's my tax dollars in the ER. That's just selfish thinking. Do you really believe your life does not affect those around you? Think again.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Received 145 Likes on 83 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sultan

oh please like all you wear your seat belts you know your all lieing
I wear mine. Not because it's the law, not because somebody told me to. It just makes good sense. And I truly believe that habit saved my life in a rollover accident in 1982 when I was young and dumb. But I was smart enough to be wearing my seatbelt.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:38 AM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't want to jump on the wagon..But if you get ejected and thrown into on comming traffic and run over..what about the mental trauma and hurt you caused to that unsuspecting motorist that just run your dumbass over?..So I agree, you are being selfish

Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 PM

I hate to put my couple of cents in this. But, Sultan, a few years back I was just like you, didn't feel comfortable wearing my seatbelt. It seemed to be more of a hindrance than anything. Until one day the axle on my car broke which hurled me into the grass median and I fell out of the drivers seat. If I had my seatbelt on, it would have held me in place. Luckily I didn't hurt anyone or myself, but it still could have saved me a few bucks on repairs to my ride. Seatbelts do kind-a-suck, but they really do have a useful purpose. By the way I'm sure you have a few family members that would hate to lose you over something that takes3 seconds to put on.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:49 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Uncompensated care
Deaths aren't the only measure of the terrible cost of not using seat belts. In 2005, 61 percent of spinal cord injuries from Montana motor vehicle crashes were suffered by unbelted motorists, according to the Montana State Trauma Bank. The unbelted patients were hospitalized longer and upon discharge, 25 percent of them were transferred to a rehabilitation center or nursing home.

Billings hospitals report providing $2.2 million in uncompensated care last year to motor vehicle crash victims who hadn't been wearing seat belts. According to data compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the average hospital charge for a motor vehicle crash victim treated in Billings hospitals last year was $20,709 for those wearing seat belts, $48,692 for those not belted. That figure doesn't include rehabilitation, ambulance, lost time from work, outpatient or future treatment or any other costs to the community. NHTSA points out that unbelted persons were 5.5 times more likely to require hospitalization.

Copyright © The Billings Gazette, a division of Lee Enterprises.

[hr]

Old 01-25-2008, 02:50 PM

Just a little note: I use to not wear my seat belts, (and I dove a Volvo!), but the law passed, so I was instant of wearing the thing. After the first week or so, I felt "naked" without it. IT was not so much a safety thing after that, but more a comfort thing.

When I have someone in the car with me however, I require them to wear a seatbelt irregardless if they want to or not.

So in the end, I now am uncomfortable without it and safer. Guess what, my 2002 VD does not beep!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:52 PM

wow, a hot topic...
I can say this, I think the reason why I don't remember X-raying any unbelted drivers in my almost 20 yearsis because they all DIED before they got to me. So just DON'T CRASH.

Happy Jaguar motoring to all of you.
Tom