S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bleed Value or Proceedure for 2000 S 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,716 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Now thats the best advise you have contributed here yet Danielsatur.

Novatorob, I am not sure if the 01's and '05's are similiar. On the '05, just to the left of the radiator fill hole on the expansion tank, there is a black plastic screw looking bleeder (about the size of a dime). Alldata cautions on overtightening it! AND of course DO NOT ATTEMPT WHILE ENGINE IS HOT!!!

Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by danielsatur

Everything always seems to be a blame game with Software Engineers,Hardware Engineers,Technicians, Auto parts, and project managers.
you just ruined a decent post

Old 10-16-2009, 04:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bleed screw is in the front of the engine on the plastic cooling pipe that's just under the throttle body. It has a flat head slot. Be gentle when you screw/unscrew it. It might be brittle.
There's also a bleed screw coming off of the tube on the expansion tank.
Fill up, start car, turn up heat to max, continue to fill up until coolant leaks from front bleed screw, then close front bleed screw.
Let engine reach operating temp. Rev the RPM's up a few times, check coolant tank and keep filling up as necessary.
Repeat this until coolant tank is a hot mark, close coolant tank bleed screw and cap and you're all set.

The following users liked this post:
Susan Davies (04-20-2016)
Old 10-16-2009, 05:02 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by phd12volt
you just ruined a decent post
And you expected anything less????

Old 10-16-2009, 06:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

S.Typer,

Thanks for the helpful write up. Seems clear and fairly easy to do.

Mike

Old 10-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Veteran member

Don't forget to exercise BOTH controls for the DCCV with Eng at normal temp, Eng off,and the iginition in the On pos.Theres an electric water pump to force coolant through the DCCV and heater core with engine not running.

Opps ! This step isn't in the procedure either.

LOL - CAT Found On Road Dead (FORD) in the middle of winter, and save the customer from freezing feature.

Caution -Bad coolant services can damage freeze plugs and Dual climate control valves.

We use Fourms to pump free Trades secrets,procedures and Issues, non-Jag Technicians should use ALLDATA for procedures not books from an Auto parts store.
Dude... Please tell me what drugs your taking???

It's got to be drugs.... No one who knows how to boot up a PC is that incoherent.....

Old 10-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,400 Likes on 2,872 Posts

Guys,

Why continue to encourage this clown to post by asking him questions? Just ignore him. Eventually he'll get bored and go away. And we'll all be better off for it....

Old 10-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

Do you always call your customers clowns behind there back or just on the internet?

I actually live near the Auto mall in Cary, NC.
That's actually funny.... What, do you think we all work for Jag or something??? Sometimes ignorance is hilarious! Bwaa Haa Haa!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post photocopy of Bleeding coolant for 2000 S-type

Here is a procedure to follow.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Bleeding Coolant.pdf (148.4 KB, 1887 views)
The following users liked this post:
Susan Davies (04-20-2016)
Old 11-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S.Typer
The bleed screw is in the front of the engine on the plastic cooling pipe that's just under the throttle body. It has a flat head slot. Be gentle when you screw/unscrew it. It might be brittle.
There's also a bleed screw coming off of the tube on the expansion tank.
Fill up, start car, turn up heat to max, continue to fill up until coolant leaks from front bleed screw, then close front bleed screw.
Let engine reach operating temp. Rev the RPM's up a few times, check coolant tank and keep filling up as necessary.
Repeat this until coolant tank is a hot mark, close coolant tank bleed screw and cap and you're all set.
This is what i was trying to do..

Old 08-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dijmand
Here is a procedure to follow.
Do you have to be a member for a while, or make a certain number of posts to download this PDF? I've just done my coolant on my 1999 3.0 V6 and came to turn the bleed screw at the front of the car (near the air intake, on the pipe to the expeansion tank) and it just seems to spin around and not do anything? It says "service only" and has a slot in it for a screwdriver, is it just a 90° gate valve, or should it actually come out? Can't seem to find any other bleed valves, so just went with the old "fill it up, run it to temp, and squeeze the radiator hoses" method!

Old 08-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Received 6,361 Likes on 5,534 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil
Do you have to be a member for a while, or make a certain number of posts to download this PDF? I've just done my coolant on my 1999 3.0 V6 and came to turn the bleed screw at the front of the car (near the air intake, on the pipe to the expeansion tank) and it just seems to spin around and not do anything? It says "service only" and has a slot in it for a screwdriver, is it just a 90° gate valve, or should it actually come out? Can't seem to find any other bleed valves, so just went with the old "fill it up, run it to temp, and squeeze the radiator hoses" method!
I believe you do need a certain number of posts, or it may be 'cause your English

Take a look here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ht=bleed+valve hope it helps.

Quick Reply: Bleed Value or Proceedure for 2000 S 3.0