Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Headache

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Headache

Hi all,
I need help working out what may be wrong with mty Bluetooth install performed today.

Firstly I'm located in Australia and i own a s type r built August 2003. I ordered a voice module, microphone, phone module and bluetooth module from eurojag. My bluetooth connector under the armrest appears to be a 8 wire connection. The vehicle never had a factory phone fitted and i think that i have been prewired for bluetooth as i have a pse module connection in the boot along with a voice connection in the boot. Once the microphone and the phone module was connected i proceeded to plug the bluetooth module and expected to be able to pair my phone. When the phone button was pressed the system says

Handset In Use
Mute and replace handset to continue hands free call or replace handset to end call.

I can not get out of this screen. Uncertain as to wether the microphone was working or not i disconnected the phone module and connected the voice module. As soon as i tested the voice module to my surprise the voice module worked fine.

The model no. of the phone module is 2w93-19k350-AC software version is 1.30(As checked in diag mode) and the Bluetooth module 3w83-14b409-AC. I have read on an x type TSB the phone module software needs to be version 4.0 in order to work correctly. Can anybody clarify if their module is the same software as mine and is working with bluetooth. Diag mode can be accessed by pressing the am/fm button and the eject button at the same time. From the you need to select the the eject and mix buttons to cycle through each modules software version. my navigation software is 1.22. Any clues would be a great help.
regards
Joe

Last edited by joebit; 05-22-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: To make tread clearer
Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,857 Posts

Here in the U.S., Bluetooth was not a Jaguar option until the 2005 model year. I would think it highly unlikely that your 2003 model came pre-wired for Bluetooth....

Old 05-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,535 Likes on 3,944 Posts

^ what he said, goes for UK too I think.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

Yes. All STR's come prewired for Bluetooth and Jaguar Voice. It has been reported but not totally confirmed that all S types from 2003 and up are pre wired too. Seems like if the car has navigation most everything is prewired.

I have attached several Bluetooth documents that might be helpful.

I also wanted to add voice and Bluetooth to my 2005 STR but the cost of the modules was just too high here in the US.

How much did you pay for the modules?

Please keep reporting back so other people can benefit from your work!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Bluetooth Phone Install.pdf (934.1 KB, 416 views)
Old 05-22-2012, 05:19 PM

Got the Modules from a place in the UK called Eurojag. Cost me 250 pound delivered to Aust. Approx AUD $500.00 including bank and visa conversion.
regards
Joe

Old 05-26-2012, 06:45 PM

Hi all thanks fot your help so far.

Yesterday i rearranged the pins on my pse and centre console plugs. As soon as this was done presto bluetotth connectivity became available to me. I have been able to sucessfully pair my iphone 4 running os 5.1.1, My sons Nokia N95 8gb and my other sons iphone 3g 16gb running os 4.21. All paired easily and i can make calls from my centre screen. The problem is that as soon as connection is made the recipient can't hear me unless i change the phone setting to loudspeaker effectively routing the audio to the phones speaker and away from the cars speakers. I would have thought that the problem is the microphone in the car but when i added voice module my microphone was working perfectly. I can't test to system with both voice and bluetooth as i don't have a spare D2B lead. Does anybody have any thoughts about this. Do you think maybe the voice module and the bluetooth module must be connected together in order for my system to work propertly?

Thanks in advance.

regards
Joe

P.S Special thanks to everybody for their input to date. It appears Jon89 was correct as my vehicle was expecting a GSM phone instead of a bluetooth module therefore the pin positions need to be moved inorder for the prewiring to be effective.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:03 AM

Bluetooth finally working as its supposed to. Managed to modify a D2B Cable with the help from a document by Westville (member of UK forum) and connected the voice module to the network. Nearly there now. All i need to work out now is how to assign voice tags to phone no.s radio stations etc... Can't seem to get it to work. Most basic commands work fine like tune radio & Navigation zoom. When it comes to dialing memory no.s it gets stuck at the yes command. Also when it comes to assigning voice tags seems to get stuck at the name part and won't accept the name. Keeps on asking for the name about 3 times then says something link name not stored. Any ideas???
regards
Joe

Old 10-28-2014, 12:46 PM
Received 150 Likes on 95 Posts
Default This may be what I need!

So I have been struggling with my Bluetooth since I bought an 06 XJ8 that also had a dealer installed Sirius Radio option.

Upon pairing I get the "Handset in Use" Mute handset to continue handsfree call or replace handset to end call "

And thats all I get. The phone repeatedly connects and disconnects, and that screen comes up every time it disconnects.

Beginning to wonder if the pin-outs from the Bluetooth module to the phone module are setup for a GSM phone, rather than Bluetooth. Now if I only knew what pins are affected, and how to change them.

Anyone?

Old 10-28-2014, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,535 Likes on 3,944 Posts

If XJ8 you need the right forum.