S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bone head turned left infront of me yesterday, killed my other R.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Received 4,284 Likes on 3,703 Posts

sorry to hear of the calamity but glad you are ok!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy to hear your ok ...... But that crash looks like someone should be hurt

Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

What a tragedy! I love the V70R! I loved the 850R estate too. I love Volvo performance estates, especially hte ones they used in BTCC racing. I'm sure you have seen the picture of the Volvo 850R estate bouncing off the curb at a BTCC race - so hot!

Attached Thumbnails Bone head turned left infront of me yesterday, killed my other R.-volvo-850btcc.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,364 Likes on 2,854 Posts

Station wagon racing ?

What's next? Maybe mobility scooter racing....

Old 03-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I really liked the car. Not as fast as the STR, but it was coming into its own with the parts I added. It has a close ratio 6 speed manual that was fun when you wanted to row gears, but kind of a pain when I was being lazy.

It was nice to sit in sixth on the hwy, and climb up hills with out shifting out of sixth. The cool part is they have boost that is controlled by the computer, and it will add more boost to make up for me being at altitude.

Lots of modded turbo diesels with broken hearts after running into me in my little old station wagon.

Of course, now Allstate I'd playing the game trying to not pay me for my extra parts. I love this game!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Spinall4
Of course, now Allstate I'd playing the game trying to not pay me for my extra parts. I love this game!
I work as an attorney that sues auto insurers and I know which insurers pay and which don't. Without getting myself into a libel lawsuit from Allstate, I will just say this - Allstate and State Farm tend to be "difficult." I insure with Geico for good reason, and suggest them to everyone I know. Good luck with your Allstate claim!

BTW, if you like turbo wagons you should consider replacing it with a mid-2000s Subaru Forester XT. I've driven one and they move! And there are plenty of affordable upgrades for them as they powered by a detuned WRX STi engine.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Looked at a turbo forrester a while back actually. Not a bad car at all, I plan to stick with another V70r so I can just move over my 17' with snows, my nice 5 price floor mat set, custom fitted window shade, I have a down pipe and exhaust at the house that I haven't even installed yet, plus I may be able to rescue some of the parts like the coil packs hoping that the wreck didn't kill them.

That's funny about Allstate, I call progressive back (my insurance) and there was some screwing around but he's working on a better offer right now. I'm going to take as long as I need to get a fare offer. Most people are screwed and need a new car right away, I'm not sweating it and I can sit and play the game as long as thy like.

Am I right in thinking that if the really do not play ball, I could take them to court over this? I have already retained a lawyer for the injury claim portion.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always hate to see a nice car ruined by the last minute poor decision by someone who just won't accept that they missed their turn and should wait for the next one. Sometimes I think I have a target on my cars. So glad to hear your not all broken up. Wish you could say the same for your car. I still hate the process even if the guy had full coverage.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Spinall4
Am I right in thinking that if the really do not play ball, I could take them to court over this? I have already retained a lawyer for the injury claim portion.
I'm not too certain of the facts of your issue but here in Florida most policies have property damage provisions. Assuming you elected them and they are available in your state, you can sue them for anything related to property damage if they do not abide by the insurance contract with you. But your damages would have to be pretty significant for you to find counsel unless your current bodily injury attorney can tack that onto his on lawsuit. Otherwise you may find yourself having to be your own attorney.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Spinall4, sorry to hear your slick V70R fell victim to one of our state's clueless drivers -- in a pickup, no less. The good part is the fantastic job the Volvo did protecting you. Now imagine this same crash in, say, an original VW beetle (meaning 60s-ish). We probably wouldn't be hearing from you. (I and some of my friends in high school drove 60s VW bugs.)

On Allstate Insurance in Utah, I can just add my experience with them as an insured (which is probably not as relevant as Under Pressure's experience). I had a car that was totaled from a rear-end hit by -- and get this -- a young guy driving an old full-size Chev Blazer with lift kit who hopped out of his truck after hitting my wife with an energy drink in his hand. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Allstate paid me more than I thought my car was worth just on their initial offer. I did set the stage by making sure the adjuster knew it was a CNG-gasoline dual-fuel car, but still, I was paid more than I think it was worth. (The payout was 75% of what I had actually paid for the car used about 6-7 years and 80k miles earlier. Yes, CNG cars are popular in Utah (very low CNG vehicle fuel prices), but still, the payout was good.)