Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

British Diagnostics jaguar cable and software

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default British Diagnostics jaguar cable and software

Hi,

I bought this after much searching as I thought it was the most genuine option, however since it arrived I've not used it as I was concerned about some things I'd read on here and another forum.

Can anyone recommend something better and actually provide a link to somewhere I can buy it, or at least let me know how they got on with this if they have it?

https://www.britishdiagnostics.co.uk/products/jaguar-land-rover-ids-sdd-v130-kit

Old 10-06-2022, 04:30 AM
Received 272 Likes on 208 Posts

SDD will only work on 05 model year cars (made from January 2004) and newer.
Before that you need to use the older IDS software. (SDD130 should switch back to IDS, but this can cause interface driver and firmware issues.)

I use SDD-130 and a mongoose interface on my 05 model year STR.
However, this does need to run on a Windows XP computer that is not connected to the internet and re-sets the date each time it is turned on!
One way to do this is to run it in a virtual machine on a later laptop PC.

See this link for more info and some download links:

https://www.jaguarforum.com/threads/...nstall.108460/

One other thing to note is that if you do any re-programming or updating using the Jaguar software you need to have a powerful 13.8v power supply connected to your battery.
I use a 30amp variable voltage stabilised power supply. (Jaguar recommend 35amp) This is to stop the battery voltage dropping when using the software that requires the ignition to be on when in use. If the voltage drops too far the programming will stop mid-way and this can damage the modules you are programming.
A 5 amp battery charger will not be up to the job as it needs to power all the electrical systems on the car.

A simple rule to follow regarding re-programming and updating modules is that if it aint broke do not try and fix it!! Only do what you have to.

Mellow

Last edited by M-e-l-l-o-w; 10-06-2022 at 04:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
JAGUAR S-TYPE XS TD 2.7L (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M-e-l-l-o-w
SDD will only work on 05 model year cars (made from January 2004) and newer.
Before that you need to use the older IDS software. (SDD130 should switch back to IDS, but this can cause interface driver and firmware issues.)

I use SDD-130 and a mongoose interface on my 05 model year STR.
However, this does need to run on a Windows XP computer that is not connected to the internet and re-sets the date each time it is turned on!
One way to do this is to run it in a virtual machine on a later laptop PC.

See this link for more info and some download links:

https://www.jaguarforum.com/threads/...nstall.108460/

One other thing to note is that if you do any re-programming or updating using the Jaguar software you need to have a powerful 13.8v power supply connected to your battery.
I use a 30amp variable voltage stabilised power supply. (Jaguar recommend 35amp) This is to stop the battery voltage dropping when using the software that requires the ignition to be on when in use. If the voltage drops too far the programming will stop mid-way and this can damage the modules you are programming.
A 5 amp battery charger will not be up to the job as it needs to power all the electrical systems on the car.

A simple rule to follow regarding re-programming and updating modules is that if it aint broke do not try and fix it!! Only do what you have to.

Mellow
Thanks I'll look into this. I've bought it for diagnostics not reprogramming but I guess it's something to think about in the future.

Below is the issue I'm trying to diagnose, hopefully this doesn't need me to get an external power supply but let me know your thoughts, thanks.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...2/#post2573635

Old 10-10-2022, 04:04 AM
Received 272 Likes on 208 Posts

With SDD, as the name ‘Symptom Driven Diagnosis’ suggests you can find the fault by entering the symptom you have.
It will give you a list of the faults that are causing the issue with a % rating.
It will also give you a bit more info as to what to do next.
However, the workshop manual has all the specific pin point tests for eack fault code.
Here is a link:
http://jagrepair.com/images/AutoRepa...M-Workshop.pdf

The following users liked this post:
JAGUAR S-TYPE XS TD 2.7L (10-10-2022)