Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling out Danielsatur

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Calling out Danielsatur

OK, I'm sure I'm breaking some kind of rule here, but I've had enough! This forum is a place for people who are fans of the brand or owners with issues to gather and share ideas. This place WAS not like other forums that I had ventured into. Those forums are riddled with nonsense and garbage. Now this place has been infected with a virus! Normally, I would just walk away and write it off. I'm not willing in this case. It's not that the forum has become a bad place, it has just been corrupted by a horrible user. This user is taking the pleasure out of visiting this place. I look forward to browsing through here in the early morning while feeding my baby girl. I also enjoy the occasional break from work. So here goes my futile attempt.

Daniel, what is your deal? What value do you think you add? You've made it quite clear that you don't like the brand. You also complain that threads on here are clogged with bull. That wasn't true until you jumped on here. The minute someone offers up a correction or disagrees with your comments you go off on some psycho babble. You resort to calling dealers and service centers crooks, girls that like Jags ******, and the list goes on. I find that entirely offensive on many levels. My girl loves my car. Why, because I love my car and she is happy when I am able to enjoy something that is for me. Your derogatory attitude toward service techs doesn't do anyone any good. Most users on here welcome their years of experience and willingness to help. Your nonsense will drive them away and further degrade this forum. Your suggestions are nothing but bull most of the time. The suggestion that I go to the home center and put weather strip on my car is ludicrous at best. You answer people's questions about part sources with "get it from a junk yard". The users on here know how to go to the junk yard! They ask about parts because they want to put high quality parts on their high quality cars. Yes, we try to do it at the best price possible but still want the best quality for our cars.

So I ask for other users to post on here as well. Tell me if I'm off my rocker or dead on. Maybe Daniel will redeem himself. Doubt it. Also, maybe the people that run this forum will see that I'm not the only one that feels like this and act. I'm personally frustrated that one of the few on-line places that I enjoy is going wrong and want it fixed.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

+1....

Old 10-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Well, for starters I would like to see a restraint from name calling as well. Also, coherent writing would be nice as I find it difficult to figure out what the point of the posts are generally. They seem to be random thoughts as opposed to a composed paragraph.

I welcome the interchange with the various techs that frequent these boards. I find out that I can learn a lot but that most don't like being badgered or verbally abused.

Mike

Old 10-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,857 Posts

I have considered whether to contact this forum's administration and request that this guy be banned due to the terrible advice and exactly zero added-value that he brings to the table. In more than six years of using automotive internet forums, I've never even had to think about doing that before. I consider his posts nothing more than spam, and he truly is an unwelcomed, misleading, nonsensical, and unpleasant intrusion for those of us who are interested in obtaining serious, accurate information here so that we are better able to maintain our vehicles.

I'm not ranting. I'm dead serious. I hope the good folks who run this excellent site are monitoring this guy and will take action soon....

Old 10-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,535 Likes on 3,944 Posts

+1 (I'd say +100 but hey)

I'm tired of seeing him describe other, helpful, posts as BS when in fact that's almost always what HE posts.

I'm also fed up of him putting links to another forum's threads which when you read them usually are NOT relevant.

I got as far as trying to figure out how to PM the admin but am happy to post on here. Thanks for starting the thread Jeff.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

I've given bad advice, i've tried to help when its outside of my comfort zone...but I am learning when to refrain, no matter how hard I want to help. Others must learn their own limits.

Daniel has had to have at least one post deleted by myself, due to forum violations. I hope he is learning what he can and should say in this open forum. I will actively look into past threads to see if there is more circumstances that I am not personally aware of.

This policy goes for everyone on jagforums, if a member is abusive, disrespectful, or argumentative, that (among other no-nos) will get a member banned. However, giving poor advice, irrelevant information, in an attempt to help (with good intentions, not intentionally misleading) etc is not a valid reason to boot someone. We correct them, we debate the information, and we selectively choose what to believe and what not to... as the person needing assistance and the ones providing it.

Inappropriate behavior via-posting can and should be reported to moderators so that we are informed and can take the appropriate actions necessary.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've haunted many different forums and email lists for over 20 years though not car oriented ones. One rule that has been universally accepted is that a member doesn't mention the presence of another forum or email list....over and over. In this context, one doesn't go onto the showroom floor of the local Ford dealer and invite folks to go down to the local Chevolet dealer. Yet that's precisely what Danielsatur does.

If he doesn't like this forum, he should leave. If he does like it, he should work to make it better. Instead what he does is act the part of a shill for the other forum. Indeed, I would not be surprised if we were to learn that he's a staff member there.

So....on balance I think he should show more restraint or he should leave.

Eric

Old 10-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Good point Toller, and from the others above. We will consider carefully and hope to make some 'adjustments'.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

what is wrong with the fog light post??? if anything i have given way better information than you could possibly even understand. I said it before, someone please put an ignore user button in, and you will be the first one i check off.

As far as im concerned, you could fall off the face of earth and my day wouldn't change one bit. I take info to the extreme, i want to know why it broke, how do i fix it correctly, and how to help others avoid the pitfall. You however are more concerned with linking somewhere else in 75% of your posts.
I am an ADMIN on a private forum, and you would have been banned for that reason alone, no matter how right or wrong you always are.

Good riddance, Go away. And for gods sake learn how to type sentences.

Last edited by phd12volt; 10-20-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  19.3 KB

Anyone with any complaint about any member upsetting the harmony of this forum which may include ( but not limited too ) foul language / adding links to other sites / forums constantly / aggressive behaviour / trolling etc etc.
Please advise either myself or one of the mods and rest assured if there is just cause that it will be dealt with swiftly for everyones benefit.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Received 2,192 Likes on 1,358 Posts

[QUOTE=JOsworth;147712 You resort to calling dealers and service centers crooks, girls that like Jags ******, and the list goes on. I find that entirely offensive on many levels. . Your derogatory attitude toward service techs doesn't do anyone any good. Most users on here welcome their years of experience and willingness to help. Your nonsense will drive them away and further degrade this forum. .[/QUOTE]

This has crossed my mind on a couple of occasions. I spend my money, which is translated as time. Yes I spend too much time here at work when I should be making money. But I like to help and dispell myths and BS that comes across sometimes here. I really like to dispell the whole *********** idea, and hopefully can show that not all of us on BOTH sides of the coin(dealers and independants) are either know it alls, or dumb asses. We are all human and prone to mistakes. I think sometimes people think I know alot only cause I try to not open my mouth and speak, if what I have to say should be coming from elsewhere.....I help here for the same reason I try (all of us do at work) to do at work. I love what I do(most of the time) You know most of the info I pass along is only off the top of my head and I really have to refrain from getting into diagnostics that involves me looking up info. But it does show the benefit of going to someone that works on you type car on a regular basis and KNOWS the car type. It pays off more often than not. BUt remember too. No one likes to take only the hard stuff without some gravy too, to go with it. I hate when people only come in for warranty work and wont buy brakes or oil changes or alignments. No one here in their line of work like to only cater to those that only take and never give in return. I come from the same side of the tracks I preach from at work. That is I put time and money into to keeping up my vehicles to the point I many time put more into them than theyr worth...But when has a car EVER been about investment. Its an extension of who we are, what we like and times and passages of our lives. Who hasnt though back to their first car, what we drove in high school or college etc....sorry just drove that ball to left field

Old 10-21-2009, 05:11 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by BRUTAL
I come from the same side of the tracks I preach from at work. That is I put time and money into to keeping up my vehicles to the point I many time put more into them than theyr worth...But when has a car EVER been about investment. Its an extension of who we are, what we like and times and passages of our lives. Who hasnt though back to their first car, what we drove in high school or college etc....sorry just drove that ball to left field
Thank you for that BRUTAL, and I think I've said it before but I'll say it again. Thank you for helping out the users here. I don't have the dealer do an oil change but it is not financial. I take the time to go over the car during that service. Allows me the time to hopefully catch something while it is an easy fix before it becomes a major problem. Plus, I may be crazy, but I really like doing it... Except for the time I took the belly pan down after washing the car.....Doh!

Old 10-21-2009, 05:14 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by JimC64

Anyone with any complaint about any member upsetting the harmony of this forum which may include ( but not limited too ) foul language / adding links to other sites / forums constantly / aggressive behaviour / trolling etc etc.
Please advise either myself or one of the mods and rest assured if there is just cause that it will be dealt with swiftly for everyones benefit.
Thanks for understanding our frustration and thanks for a great place to visit.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,010 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  19.3 KB

Brutal - you've been soo helpful over a long period of time. The majority of members here know and respect you and hopefully treat you right, as they should any tech who takes the time to help out here. Much appreciated.

Josworth - I'm so glad you enjoy the forum and hope you keep coming back for more for a long time to come.
As said before, we do try to monitor as closely as possible and myself and the moderators generally catch most things before they become a big ptoblem for the memberbase.
Its impossible to monitor every section all the time and things will slip by. Thats when its up to the members to bring it tour attention so we can deal with it for everyones sake.
Just to add to a point that Brutal made - I am not / never have been a fan of calling the dealerships *******s etc.
They have a business to run and overheads and can / wil be more expensive. Don't forget to take into account the design costs and technical knowhow and expertise too.
The terminology won't be tolerated here, full stop.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Veteran member

Just to add to Jim's comment... And I don't work for a dealer and stand nothing to gain from it....

One of the best sources of help in my own maintenance of my car has been the service department at my dealership. They understand that I like to work on my car and they have helped me by showing me how to do things and what to look for. I'm sure they do it keep a good business relationship. They also know that if it is something that I can't do, I'll be in to see them. So, I would have to think that many of the issues that people have with the dealer service has to do with what they put into the business relationship.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

singling out other users with a bash thread is allowed here ? a simple PM probably would have done the job as well. or flagging the posts where there are clear linkback violations.

this thread should be locked.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While everyone has time to bash other members,
could someone find me a good affordable Extended warranty company who pays for repairs.

I appreciate everyones time and effort in this timely matter!

Signed,
Sincerly,
An Angry Jag owner.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member

i had no issues with the company i have. I have a 100 dollar deductible. continentalwarrantyinc.com i believe it is. It is based in Claymont, Delaware

Continental Warranty Inc. is a member of the Better Business Bureau.

OUR VEHICLE SERVICE CONTRACTS ARE EXCLUSIVELY MARKETED THROUGH AUTOMOBILE DEALERSHIPS IN NORTH AMERICA.

Continental Warranty, Inc. is not affiliated with Continental Warranty (MCG) in Mailbu, California.
Contact Continental Warranty. Inc.

Call us Toll-Free: 800-265-9136

Fax: 800-994-3747

Mail:
Continental Warranty, Inc.
P.O, Box 207
Claymont, DE 19703

http://www.continentalwarrantyinc.co...ch_service.pdf for the service contract, i have the gold plan with 100 dollar deductible.

Last edited by phd12volt; 10-21-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member

At my local dealership, this is the one they offer. And yes im talking about the Jaguar dealer.

http://www.continentalwarrantyinc.co...uc_service.pdf

Quick Reply: Calling out Danielsatur