S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I turn off the alarm/security system on my '00 S-Type (V8)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I turn off the alarm/security system on my '00 S-Type (V8)?

Is it possible to turn it off preferably permanently?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

I doubt it but it'll be a dealer thing if you can. Why on earth would you want to?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:07 AM

Well the car acts like the battery's dead every morning, even though when the battery is disconnected and hooked up to a charger, it shows the battery as being not even close to dead. Just trying to eliminate variables for now and narrow down the possibilities of what could be causing this problem for me.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Forget the jag alarm. Go for any add-on items.

It acts like it's dead etc so how do you start the car?

Also, usually a weird fault like this is a faulty battery. Chargers won't reveal that.

If you're 100% (note the number) sure the battery is good, start reading previous threads about diagnosing battery drain.

BTW, providing hardly any details prevents people being accurate and overall just drags things out.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:40 AM

I got through the same process of disconnecting and putting the battery on a charger for an hour every morning, even though the charger is probably unnecessary since it shows the battery as not being close to dead or anything.

I've read nearly every thread on this site (maybe even the whole internet too) regarding a battery or alarm, and haven't came up with a fix, so just wanted to see if there was any to disarm the alarm and give that a try before I take it to my mechanic...

Old 03-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Not sure why I can't edit, probably 'cause I'm new, but sorry about the couple misspellings in there, meant "go through the same process every morning

Old 03-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds like it's a faulty battery. If you're still sure it's not, and I see no evidence, go for the rest of my post.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second JagV8. Last year I went through the same process. Battery dead after a few hours. Charging overnight allowed me to start the car the next morning and everything worked perfectly for a few days until the same thing would happen. Each time I took it to a battery place and had them test the battery. Passed all tests with flying colours.

I just decided to buy a new battery and see what happens, 8 months later still problem free. It is worth the investment.

Just my $0.02 worth

Old 03-23-2011, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by gbdiver
I second JagV8. Last year I went through the same process. Battery dead after a few hours. Charging overnight allowed me to start the car the next morning and everything worked perfectly for a few days until the same thing would happen. Each time I took it to a battery place and had them test the battery. Passed all tests with flying colours.

I just decided to buy a new battery and see what happens, 8 months later still problem free. It is worth the investment.

Just my $0.02 worth
Thanks for the response, hopefully the same thing is happening in my case.

Did you ever charge the battery overnight, put in the car to make sure it was working and then disconnect the battery and leave it alone for a day with no charger hooked up to it?

That's what I'm in the process of doing now, and I'm wondering if when I wake up tomorrow and put the battery in the car and if it doesn't work, will that mean it's with out a doubt the battery that's causing the problem?

And if it does work in the morning then that would mean it's pretty much without a doubt something to do with the car draining the battery?

Anyone's welcome to chime in with an answer for me here as I'm really not too knowledgeable on cars, especially this one unfortunately...

Old 03-24-2011, 02:51 AM
Veteran Member

It won't prove that in all cases. If it fails that test then yes it's a bad battery. If it doesn't fail, you don't know. The car will impose a small load all night which will not affect a good battery but may be enough to cause trouble with a bad one. Your test won't rule that case out. Instead, monitor the current draw - but see previous threads about how to do it as it's not straightforward.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by JagV8
Sounds like it's a faulty battery. If you're still sure it's not, and I see no evidence, go for the rest of my post.
Not a faulty battery I think it is security system so wish to disconnect how is it done

Old 03-15-2015, 02:08 PM
Received 2,626 Likes on 1,810 Posts

I have a friend with a 2001 S-Type 3.0 Litre who came out from playing tennis and as she unlocked the vehicle with the remote, and tried even with the key, the security alarm would not stop. Following three attempts by the Automobile Association of California to get the vehicle started, she contacted me for suggestions when they tried to tow it to her house.

After she had the battery replaced, the PATS and all other vehicle functions returned to normal.

The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (10-20-2015)
Old 10-19-2015, 06:26 AM

I know I am jacking an old thread but I have the same need but for a different reason. When I bought my car it only came with one key and no FOB. The car had actually been a repo and its kinda just sat for the last 4 years unregistered and passed around a couple of times because no one could get a title since no one was smart enough to title it promptly after purchase and it becomes a round about. I build Harley's and Hot Rods mainly so I just circumvented the hoops went back directly to the Finance Company who had repoed it and got it titled directly from them to me. But there is no way for me to control the security system and its not even on all the time or it wasn't. But it kills the battery off after a few days (the garbage ghettofabulous stereo probably isn't much help but one step at a time) So basically when you open the door should it decide to go off you had best have the key in your hand to start the car as thats the only way I have found to turn it off.

Old 10-19-2015, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member

I'd remove the stereo and try to put the wiring back to standard.

You can get more keys/fobs and have the car programmed to accept them.