S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car accident may not be a jag onwer for long

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 03:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default car accident may not be a jag onwer for long

i just got in a car accident with my jag,and now it is in bad shape. i dont know if it is worth fixing. i am SO MAD. some guy jumped in to my lane. i move to avoid him hit the crurb 4-5 time spun out i was just all over the road. i took it to the dearl and just by looking at it they say 5-6 G's maybe more. they have to see what needs to be repaired when they take it apart. i think it going to be like 8-9 total. has any one had a accident with they s-type's how are they after geting repaired. do u think it better to sell it keep it. i just dont want to have more problems after it is fixed. it looking like i need all 4 wheels/tires subefram, headlights, bumper, control arms, spindels, swaybar, shocks, brakes, and who know what else. sorry for the long post, i just needed to get out my anger...[:@]i hope every one keeps their cars in one piece and has better luck then what i had today.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: car accident may not be a jag onwer for long

I can feel this, from the sound of the damage, me I would let it go.
You can always get another one.
Regards

Old 05-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

Sorry to hear it. If I goes that high, fight with insurance to have it totalled.
Maybe next one won't have the transmission problems you have had.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:34 PM

i just got someof the paper work started with my insurance, it looks like it is going to be wen. or thr. befor they can come out to the dealer and start pricing it out to see what i need. it looks like i am going to be out of a car for a month or so. juston how it is going. i wounder if it is better to have it totalled or if i can . i know i owe more then the car is going for. now i have to pay the difference. that is going to scuk. if i am able to get a new jaguar i think i would go for a XJ8 or XJR 05 or newer. if i can afford a new car.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 PM

i just got back for the dealr to day, and it looks like it going to be around $8500-9000 to fix maybe more when i was going over the paper work with the tech. they did not put some things on their. i am still trying to get it totaled out. dealer still thinks thier with be more damaga to the car put they dont know intill they start put new parts on to see if it needs more work. it like a catch 22. still not at the $$ to be totalds out justby looking at it, but will bedown the road if they start fix in it. i am just going crazy. i still can get info. from the other drivers insurance. just want to let u guys know whats going if any cares.

i have a quick Q. i am looking at maybe geting a 06 s-type 3.0 v6. it has 17" wheels on thier, does any know if 16" will fit the car because i have a set of winter tires and oem jag artemis wheels new that i will still like to use.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

yeah bobby, i hope the insurance company makes good in the end and takes care of you. They are always asses to deal with though. Def one of the industries that needs much more regulation and reduction in the premiums they charge! In answer to your wheel question im 99% sure they will work with the 16s for winter tires. Let us know how it goes!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Tough break man, good luck getting it fixed...or if you can get it totalled, do it. That's alot of damage. - less time waiting, u can get into another car quicker (no rental)... if you have a good relationship with your insurance agent, go in and talk to them face to face. What is the blue book (trade-in) on the car right now?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a super nice 2007 S type R i will sell you if your interested, 3100 mile, FLAWLESS CONDITION....WHITE.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Default UPDATE SOME PICS RE: car accident may not be a jag onwer for long

Hey whatz up every one. will it looks like they are not totalling out. sorry i have not replied back sooner. fighting with the ins. companys sucks. here are some pic of how is looks. it dose not look that bad just by looking at it. this was taken 2 days after the accident.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts
Default RE: UPDATE SOME PICS RE: car accident may not be a jag onwer for long

You're right...that doesn't look that bad. Surely not $5k worth. You not showing us something?

Old 06-19-2008, 12:12 AM

those were just the pic that i could take when it happend. i dont have any other pic's of the other damage as it was all subframe and the whole right side front suspension both headlights, front bumper and grill that are cracked and front/rear parking sensor/hub, control arm,bumper, tires, most of it i could not see or take pic of. so far the total $$ is around $9800 as it isnow. they have all the parts on it now they just have to see if it alignmens up to see if they need any more parts, and test it out.all that is left is to paint it if their is nothing more that need to be changed.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you get it back make sure you drive the hell out of it
over rough pavement to see if everything is screwed together right.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any update? Man that sucks...worst part is now that you go to sell it people with check the carfax (even if you are honest about it) they probably won't buy it from you. Make sure you take care of her and get it paid off so you can not worry about it...I'm going through that part right now...

Old 07-03-2008, 10:49 PM

will i had her back for two days and she went back to the dealer. 1 they did not paint the bumpers good, had them redo them. 2. it need a new water pump, belt, and pulley. 3 the car pulls to the left and right, most of the time to the left. 4. my DTC comes on when i geting on the hwy. and off. on the ramps. and i driver my car all day.i work from my car i drive like 5hrs a day in my car, and i take the same road all the time so i know that is not normal. 6. one for the headlamps they gave me was broken, but they are ordering a new 1 for that. All i need is about $2500 more to have it totaled hopefully

Old 07-04-2008, 10:43 AM

I must be missing something here but are you thinking that they will total it after fixing it?

Old 07-04-2008, 11:56 AM

i am hoing that they will. it is not at the same condition it was befor the accident. they did not fix it/ or cant i dont want the car. they said we will fix it to the way it was befor the accident. so far they haven't. i will have to fight with them if they cant fix it to my standards. i would think the would total it out if they keep puting more $$ in to it. were it is not driving like a jaguar, and having all these problems.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member

I'd be talking to the insurance company and tell them the car is not getting better and it's quite obsurd you are wasting more and more time with it. Your sick of not having "YOUR" car. I'd be telling them I want to drop my insurance since I'm not driving it! Although you need it for the rental. Chances are they won't get the car to the way it was and putting more and more money into it is dumb. They should have totalled it out. The big problem is going to be when you try to sell it, you won't be able to get what you would get out of a car that wasn't in an accident. Biggest thing will be constant complaining on your part.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Old 07-09-2008, 12:40 AM
Default RE: NEW UPDATE SOME PICS RE: car accident may not be a jag onwer for long

will i just talked to my dealer to day and they did find that it may need new rear subframe for my car. for the pulling and shaking.the thing is jag dose not make a new subframe for the car any more. they told that to the insurance. they have to come out and take a look at it agian and see from their. i know they are going to try to get a used subframe but HELL NO i am not goin to let them i am getting this car totaled out hopefully this week. just wanted to let u guys know what going on.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member
Default RE: NEW UPDATE SOME PICS RE: car accident may not be a jag onwer for long

Man keep on them like a white on rice! There's no way on this earth I'd let them put anything than new stuff! You pay for new parts when you pay for insurance not used crap! If that were the case you'd get the car fixed yourself and go get parts from the junkyard after you got an estimate for over 10grand on the repairs...go buy a totalled out x-type and slap the parts on your car...or just buy the parts you need for around 2grand and after labor pocket the other 6k. Don't let the insurance company get away with it!