Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate Control Display

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Climate Control Display

Hey Gang,
Been away for a bit because the Kitty has been doing very well over the past few years, but. In the past few days I'm noticing my climate control display is flashing on-off steadily, like it's trying to tell me something. Yesterday when I got to work, not knowing it had this feature, I pushed the fan button and it turns the display off.....who knew. 9 hour later I get in and push the button to display the settings and all is fine all the way home. This morning on my grueling three mile journey to work, it's flashing again. Any ideas what this may be? There are no warning icons on the dash and the A/C is putting out cold air just fine. Thanks in advance for your input.....

Old 08-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

my 2004 S Type is doing the flashing \ partial display, did you ever find the problem

Old 08-11-2014, 01:05 PM

Okay here's what I have. The module is going out. Mine still works but acts more weird every day. Through scouring the internet for an answer, I came upon an old friend/company I dealt with in the past. This company rebuilt my ABS power-brake module on my BMW K1200RS motorcycle. I found out this company will also rebuild the climate control module for my car. I called and had to give them my VIN number, they checked and said they can repair it. They will check all units before they dig into it to make sure it is in fact the module. They have a "core" program where you pay them up front and they send you a rebuilt unit right away, then send them yours back for credit or you can send in your unit for rebuild, this will cost less but take longer. Here's the website, call them with your information and the finer details. I had a very positive dealing with them so they come highly recommended by me. Automotive Scientific Inc. Your #1 Source for ECU, TCU, ABS, EBCM, Climate Control and Speedometer Repairs BTW- I have not sent mine in yet but will in the coming weeks.
Here is how you remove the module. Repair & Upgrade - JaguarClimateControl.com Good luck and I hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobbler
Hey Gang,
Been away for a bit because the Kitty has been doing very well over the past few years, but. In the past few days I'm noticing my climate control display is flashing on-off steadily, like it's trying to tell me something. Yesterday when I got to work, not knowing it had this feature, I pushed the fan button and it turns the display off.....who knew. 9 hour later I get in and push the button to display the settings and all is fine all the way home. This morning on my grueling three mile journey to work, it's flashing again. Any ideas what this may be? There are no warning icons on the dash and the A/C is putting out cold air just fine. Thanks in advance for your input.....

You've been away for a while, now back as you have issues?

We feel so used....lol

Hope to hear you have resolved

Good luck

Old 08-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

Sounds like a good find!!

If you can please post back after the repair. As you noticed you did not get any answers because it's very rare to have your problem. Let's hope it stays that way too!

Old 08-11-2014, 05:32 PM

Don't feel used, I still love you.....
I'll keep you all posted as repairs develop.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I Have The Same Problem

Sometimes it blinks, sometimes only half the characters appear, and sometimes it's off completely.
Oh, and sometimes it reads correctly.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,560 Likes on 3,965 Posts

Loose cable, corrosion or dry (solder) joint, maybe.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by JagV8
Loose cable, corrosion or dry (solder) joint, maybe.
You know I think the same thing. Since the last time I reported in about this issue it has not acted up. The panel works fine, no issues. I hate when this happens. I have a site saved that talked about and had an abundance of good pictures as to where the connectors are. I believe some were up behind the glove box and some were in the left kick panel inside the car.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:17 PM
Veteran Member

If you have the satnav then yes it's behind the glove box and is easy to get to - and if odd things are happening I'd worry in case water is dripping down from the cowl as it is also probably dripping on the PCM as it's under there!

Old 01-23-2015, 05:27 PM

If you have the satnav then yes it's behind the glove box and is easy to get to - and if odd things are happening I'd worry in case water is dripping down from the cowl as it is also probably dripping on the PCM as it's under there!
No SAT/NAV. I'll dig into this in the weeks to come. I'll share that site I have saved.............somewhere.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Different ? When turning on the climate control (pushing in the fan dial button) my "auto" and "AC" light come on every time even with temp set to 85 degrees. The AC light also comes on when I hit the "MODE" button. Then I always have to push the AC button to turn off the AC. Is this normal operation? Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:52 PM
Received 6,361 Likes on 5,534 Posts

The AC will normally be on when in Auto mode as it acts as a drier.

dcjag64 (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 01:47 AM
Veteran Member

And needs to be run at least monthly.

dcjag64 (01-24-2015)
Old 01-24-2015, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Norri
The AC will normally be on when in Auto mode as it acts as a drier.
OK, I understand your answer, and thank you. Is it normal that "AUTO" always comes when I power on the climate system, (pushing in the fan dial button)? How do I deactivate the "AUTO MODE" always coming on when powering on the climate control button? Or is this the normal operation of the vehicles climate system? Also, with the climate not in auto mode, every time I go to select the "MODE" button the AC light always comes on. I'm not sure if that's correct operation.

Last edited by dcjag64; 01-24-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:55 AM

And needs to be run at least monthly.
Cool.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

I'm wondering why you press stuff. I set mine for how I like it about 6 years ago and other than an odd tweak just leave it and it's fine. Auto, dual zone. Just works.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:12 PM

I'm wondering why you press stuff. I set mine for how I like it about 6 years ago and other than an odd tweak just leave it and it's fine. Auto, dual zone. Just works.
I don't know, but I don't like driving around in 20 degree weather with the AC on and active when it doesn't need to be. So I'll wait until someone can answer my question on if this is normal or not?

Old 01-25-2015, 11:45 PM
Veteran Member
Location: Pawleys Island, SC USA (formerly from Tabernacle, NJ USA)
Received 182 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by dcjag64
Different ? When turning on the climate control (pushing in the fan dial button) my "auto" and "AC" light come on every time even with temp set to 85 degrees. The AC light also comes on when I hit the "MODE" button. Then I always have to push the AC button to turn off the AC. Is this normal operation?
Page 5-7 of the Drivers Handbook explains how the Climate Control System works. If you don't have the Handbook I believe it's available for download from the Forum for free.

Yes, normal. The default is for 'Auto' to be active when you start the car; when Auto is active, so is the A/C.

Auto deactivates (CC goes to manual mode) when I manually...
- deactivate the A/C
- adjust fan speed
- change the vent Mode
- push the interior/exterior air circulation button.

As you noted, with the A/C off, hitting the Mode button causes the A/C to re-activate. Presumably, this is because the first Mode selection is Defrost/Floor, and Defrost uses A/C.

Also note that if the outside temp is below a certain temp (don't know precisely what it is but it's approx. 32* F) you may see the rear defroster active when you first start the car.

Why is the A/C on by default in the Winter? Simple. The A/C removes interior humidity caused by the breathing, perspiring humans/animals in the car, which will fog the inside of your windows on a cold day. On really cold days this stuff turns to ice on the inside of your windows almost instantly. On our cars, the A/C and the heat are integrated and work TOGETHER as a Climate Control System, not against each other as one might think.

Operate your buttons any way you choose, but unless you guys in Chicago don't breathe or sweat in the winter, it's probably best to set the CC to Auto and simply adjust the temp to suit your needs, as JagV8 suggested. Then let your well-designed luxury car do what it was engineered to do.

Frankly, I wish they would design a home HVAC system that is as integrated and simple to use. Or perhaps they have?

Hope this was some help.
Steve

dcjag64 (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 01:57 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by dcjag64
I don't know, but I don't like driving around in 20 degree weather with the AC on and active when it doesn't need to be. So I'll wait until someone can answer my question on if this is normal or not?
I've said before that it is. It is used to dry the air, as I posted.

Apparently you have a moisture issue. Well, no wonder, since you turn it off.

It defaults on. Think about that. Jaguar chose that so had their reasons. You've chosen to interfere but don't seem to have any real reasons...

Handbook is a free download, see Stickies / visit jag site.

dcjag64 (01-26-2015)

Quick Reply: Climate Control Display