Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering to buy S-type

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 03:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

well you did hehe

US? well this one is great, and I have money for it, but it is in US, so it is far far away .

I dont know now, I think that I will not find 2003./05 model, so maybe this my "trip" to Jaguar will have to wait...

As I told you, I am switching car classes, because I get bored with my Mazda MX-5, and I sold it, so now I am looking a different kind of car, and I always loved Jaguars.

But, also, I dont want to end in working for repairing my car, so it is my biggest concern.

Thanks, US is great, but as I told you, I dont know anybody there who could I trust to by a car for me and put it on container ship.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is that S-Types and any other Jaguars are cheapest in the UK (you can get 2001 models for €1500) and in the States. I bought my STR last year and compared to what I would pay on continent in countries like France, Spain, Germany or my home country (Poland). I would have to add another €8000-10000. My guess is that prices in Croatia aren't much different. I would definitely suggest you to keep MX-5 as long as you need to and get enough to buy at least 2003 model, interior is much better and it's been hugely revamp mechanically. Lots of people will probably agree that 2005 (sold from mid 2004) model looks better than prefacelift.
If I were you, I wouldn't limit myself to sourcing the car from Croatia only, but check what you can get in Germany, Austria or Switzerland. You should be able to get one from there, it might cost you more though...
Another suggestion, it it's easy and legal to register RHD car in Croatia and you don't mind sitting on the other side, you could get a car from Britain for peanuts. In most EU countries, they don't make any problems apart from obligatory headlights change. In my homeland, however, it is a pain as you need to get an individual permission from the Ministry of Transport to register such a car.

Last edited by Michal; 06-06-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by zaczg
US? well this one is great, and I have money for it, but it is in US, so it is far far away .

Thanks, US is great, but as I told you, I dont know anybody there who could I trust to by a car for me and put it on container ship.
I think there is a bit of a language barrier. I only posted that add to show you what the 03 looked like. It wasn't a suggestion to to buy it here....

But....That got me thinking....Why not look around on-line. Actually there are a lot of members on here from all over the US. You could have them/us pre-check some cars, fly out and buy it. Drive it to the east coast and see the US a bit. Drop it at a shipper and hop on a plane back home.....

That is how I've wanted to get a European car....Just never had the money...I'm a Jag driver with a Kia budget......

Old 06-07-2010, 02:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hehe, well, thank you all for help

Maybe I will just wait better times, or plan a trip to US.

2JOsworth: well I am wannabe Jag driver with Mazda budget