S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DCCV valve mistake yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DCCV valve mistake yes or no?

I recentley removed my dccv on my 03 4.2l s type. I removed the three hoses from the valve itself, and reading from past posts it was said that their is a green band on one of the hoses and valve. I have the band on the hose but not on the old or new valve. I know where one of the three goes cause it has a different clamp and sits alone, but the two that sit side by side are the confusion. Does anyone know which side the hose with the green band goes to, and does it matter? If this helps to explain next to one of the outlets there is the screw where it attaches to the radiator. Now I think I should of paid the dealership instead of doing it myself.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

I have changed the DCCV. You should place the DCCV in position and look at the hoses. They are molded and will only go on one way. There is not enough space to swap them around. As you know there is VERY little room to work. I usually leave one hose on the DCCV and remove the other end which is much easier to remove. This is the hose that connects to the "T" off the upper radiator hose. Also understand the DCCV has one hot water input and two hot water outlets. It really does not matter if the two outlets are swapped. The system will still work fine. The problem is if the output hoses are swapped the system will be backwards. So if you adjust the drivers side you will change the passenger side temperature!!!

Now before you button this back up please check the electrical plug to the DCCV is getting power!! You can check this by turning on the key and switching the climate control system settings around. Check that the ground is good too. There have been some reports that this problem was a wire harness that got rubbed inside the wiring loom. Some failure modes of the DCCV (Especially if you let the problem go on for a long time) will take out electrical components in the climate control head unit. If this happens you CAN repair this and people have or you can replace the head unit for big bucks. Used would be my choice if this is your problem.

No you did NOT make a mistake by doing this yourself. You can do this, it's not that hard and you will save a significant amount of money. I hope you also changed/flushed the coolant. Use the correct stuff!!!! I have a 2005 S Type and it uses Dex-Cool. This meets Ford/Jaguar WSS-M97B44-D. I think the 2003 uses this too. But check your owners manual. Also I really recommend changing the thermostat when your in there. Also check the serpentine belt for cracks on the ribbed underside. Difficult to inspect this normally but now you can look at it better with some things removed.

Finally Please, Please get the JTIS off EBay. I got mine for under $10 with shipping. It's too cheap to NOT have!!!! I have also attached several pages from the JTIS that might help.

Attached Files
Old 02-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

All good advice - I'd take it

Old 02-16-2010, 08:01 AM

Thanks alot tbird6 for the info I needed it, and also for the attached photos. I'm going to download the jtis asap. Going to install the dccv this weekend hopefully if got the time and will let you all know how it went

Old 10-08-2011, 12:03 PM

Good information
I think i have to do mine what do you think?
When i have the heat up high..... I get cold air the (drivers) side on my feet and windscreen and ()passenger side i get slightly warm on the windscreen and no air at all on the feet.

Its getting to cold with no heat

Old 05-31-2012, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by kurt beaton
Good information
I think i have to do mine what do you think?
When i have the heat up high..... I get cold air the (drivers) side on my feet and windscreen and ()passenger side i get slightly warm on the windscreen and no air at all on the feet.

Its getting to cold with no heat

i've got the same problem on exactly the same outputs.
after a lot of reading I think it's the dccv and/or the aux motor.

did you solved the problem?