Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dissed...no Tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts
Default Dissed...no Tune

STR folks, I regret to report that Lomotion Corvette (Poughkeepsie, NY) has dissed me/us on tuning my 03 STR. Had my STR been dynoed tuned, STR owners could have taken advantage of verifiable results at a discount and Lomotion Corvette would have made a lot of money and contacts. After our handshake agreement to tune my STR, I paid them to detail my Jag and wife's Expedition. Their tuner, Jeremy of "OE Tuning", flew from CA to NY to tune BMW's, MB's, and supposedly, my STR. I maintained contact with Lomotion Corvette prior to and during the tuners NY tenure...I was assured a dyno/tuning session. JJ, the son of Lomotions's owner, called me saying he'll call to notify me when to come for the tune. After not hearing from JJ, I called Lomotion. His father, John, assured me his son will call me to arrange for a tune. I called the following day and recieved the same assurance, but to no avail. To date I haven't heard from Lomotion Corvette, nor do I care any more. IMO, they're "All Talk". Chris found a tuner in Long Island, NY who's interested in helping us. Let's see what develops.

Last edited by bfsgross; 10-06-2011 at 06:02 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by bfsgross:
Bacardi 151 (10-06-2011), The Chris X (10-07-2011)
Old 10-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update!

Old 10-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Bummer!

Old 10-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

Bad news indeed!! But it can't be very easy or we would have one or more people out there doing it already.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

I know how you feel bro, major let down, but hey I'm sure where there's a will there's a way to get it done right.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You shoulda left that place peeling out!!!!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member

Hee, hee... Fill their showroom with the smoke of burnt Mitchelins? LOL! We'll eventually have a dyno-tune folks...just a matter of time.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks for trying and keeping all of us hp nuts up to date.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

You need to find someone with an established brick and mortar location as well as a demonstrated track record.

Not always so easy.

The guys involved with road racing might be a better place to look than a detail shop with delusions of grandeur.

Even guys who only focus on 1/4 mile stuff like drag racing aren't going to be as good a fit.

I'm assuming you want all around good performance and not just a vehicle capable of a hellacious hole shot. Yeah I know YOU want both ... LOL.

Originally Posted by bfsgross
STR folks, I regret to report that Lomotion Corvette (Poughkeepsie, NY) has dissed me/us on tuning my 03 STR. Had my STR been dynoed tuned, STR owners could have taken advantage of verifiable results at a discount and Lomotion Corvette would have made a lot of money and contacts. After our handshake agreement to tune my STR, I paid them to detail my Jag and wife's Expedition. Their tuner, Jeremy of "OE Tuning", flew from CA to NY to tune BMW's, MB's, and supposedly, my STR. I maintained contact with Lomotion Corvette prior to and during the tuners NY tenure...I was assured a dyno/tuning session. JJ, the son of Lomotions's owner, called me saying he'll call to notify me when to come for the tune. After not hearing from JJ, I called Lomotion. His father, John, assured me his son will call me to arrange for a tune. I called the following day and recieved the same assurance, but to no avail. To date I haven't heard from Lomotion Corvette, nor do I care any more. IMO, they're "All Talk". Chris found a tuner in Long Island, NY who's interested in helping us. Let's see what develops.

The following users liked this post:
bfsgross (10-07-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

What have they offered to tune, just fuel maps/trims? Has anyone claimed to been able to unlock the timing? If all they're doing is fuel, can't you just get a apexi fuel controller and lean it out on a dyno?

Old 10-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Thanks for all of your effort Seth! Keep us in the loop as you continue your quest. Or else we will have to make a "reef" out of your STR.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

Bob, styperaser, bacardi, chris, and myself want it all! Hole shots, middle, and the end. Chris, did you think I meant "Reef" it, as in; send her to the bottom to serve as substrate for marine life? Ohh? LOL! Chris, I meant torch the "Reefer", as in light up a Mary Jane...LOL! I'm sorry. I thought you knew? Now back to the meat of this thread.

The Chris X (10-08-2011)
Old 10-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob, styperaser, bacardi, chris, and myself want it all! Hole shots, middle, and the end. Chris, did you think I meant "Reef" it, as in; send her to the bottom to serve as substrate for marine life? Ohh? LOL! Chris, I meant torch the "Reefer", as in light up a Mary Jane...LOL! I'm sorry. I thought you knew? Now back to the meat of this thread.
I like I like, now were getting somewhere (well in a slow matter)

Old 10-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to post this on the corvetteforum - maybe they'll lose some bread and butter busines if vette owners know who they're dealing with.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

LOL! Well somebody is smokin' something around here!

In all seriousness, Bob is probably right, ya dodged a bullet with these people. There's gotta be a reputable place around, no doubt you'll track it down. Or else we will all have to chip in and float your STR over to the UK and let some of those chaps go to work on it!

Old 10-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

did he say anything bad or just never follow through? when you said dissed it makes it sound like he was talking **** about the cars.

I recently sold 1 of my corvettes (C6 Z06 with 650 NA HP) to a nice guy in upstate NY. He said he had a corvette guy to maintain all his etc, not sure if they do dyno and tuning stuff there but he said they did a lot of performance stuff. If you guys would like I can try to find out who the shop is for you.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

You could try to ask first if a shop understand denso ecu's, and have already done these (ask for the car model). If so there might be a chance a shop could do it, if not, chances are you will be a guinny pig and will be wasting your time.

If you guys want to do local tuning (so not remote ones that are available, or via the wds/ids by editing the data maps), you could go for a piggyback system.

Some are offering the Dastek unichip in the UK, but I guess you can find other ones in the US.

Then with someone knowledgeable you could tune your specific setup on a dyno.

The following 2 users liked this post by avos:
bfsgross (10-10-2011), joycesjag (10-09-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member

Hi guys. Bacardi, I have no idea of what trims or timing OE Tuning was to change. Mafioso says the STR comes with a lot of timing. So I guess fuel trims? Plaster, "Dissed" as in "Blew me off" on tune day. I figure it as: Though my STR was to be a test mule, they didn't want to do it for free. I let them know I was willing to pay if the tune produced. We were to recieve a group buy for tunes thereafter. I visited the "Corvette Forum" and a few members didn't have anything nice to say about "Lomotion Corvette". One fella went there looking for a big block vette. John of Lomotion tried to talk him out of looking for one so he would buy one of his small blocks because he didn't have a big block in inventory. The essence I recieve with Lomotion Automotive is "All talk no action". John talks all gung-ho about the car shows they produce and talks up his son JJ's mod and tuning experience. They don't have much work there at the moment so they blare their trumpets in an effort to puff themselves up. They sell a mishmash of car brands. Across the Hudson River, 25 miles north of Poughkeepsie is a true blue Corvette outfit. We can still find another tuner as Chris and Avos suggest, or buy an off the shelf tune from Asziu, etc. Regardless, my STR runs strong till heatsoak sets in. Please visit Lomotion Automotive's/Corvette Facebook page. Here you'll find two of my posts expressing "Diss" appointment with them. LOL! I guess they read my posts cause John/owner left a message on my cell. I'll keep all posted and have faith that we'll reach our goals. A huge "thank you" to all who responded to this thread.

Last edited by bfsgross; 10-09-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Bacardi 151 (10-10-2011)
Old 10-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Veteran Member

John of Lomotion Automotive called me today in response to my posts on his FaceBook page. He was upset as in "Puffed up rooster feathers" LOL! He said "You better come to my shop, cause we're gunna talk, and see if we can fix this up". I'll stop by tomorrow and watch him exacerbate his ulcer. Who knows...perhaps he wants to tune?

Last edited by bfsgross; 10-11-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Hi guys. Bacardi, I have no idea of what trims or timing OE Tuning was to change. Mafioso says the STR comes with a lot of timing
It's extremely common that when you mess with the fuel trims, there's a reduction in the amount of advance in the timing...Usually, there is still a net hp gain with a fuel-only tune, but if they can fiddle with the timing you may unlock a lot more power...All sorts of products you can buy that will display timing, OBDII scan gauge...I strongly recommend you consider getting one...

I let them know I was willing to pay if the tune produced
Good possibility this is the reason why you were "dissed"...What'd they expect, you to pay if they couldn't produce more power?

John of Lomotion Automotive called me to day in response to my posts on his FaceBook page. He was upset as in "Puffed up rooster feathers" LOL! He said "You better come to my shop, cause we're gunna talk, and see if we can fix this up". I'll stop by tomorrow and watch him exacerbate his ulcer. Who knows...perhaps he wants to tune?
Great news.

Quick Reply: Dissed...no Tune