S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you get pulled over a lot while driving the jag?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you get pulled over a lot while driving the jag?

I've witnessed this far too many times, young male driving a Jaguar = must be a drug dealer...
everything thinks jaguars cost like $80,000

Old 02-15-2010, 10:02 PM

I agree people do think that the cars are very expensive, but I have never been pulled over in it and ive owned mine since summer of 2009.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Jags=not so much

pimped out Escalades and Chrysler 300's = all the time

I get alot of positive comments from cops actually, and to be honest, I do not think it is a big "drug dealer" brand. I feel like the brand attracts a different type of person. May be just my experience but alot of older guys/women (refined haha) appreciate a nice Jag. Not too mention most of the folks I see driving one around here (except the X Type) tend to be your prototypical Jaguar owner, WASPY, middle aged and up.

People may COMPLETELY disagree with me and thats absolutely fine, its just my experience from my own little corner of the world.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

I've been pulled over quite a bit, mainly for odd offenses... changing lanes in an intersection, incomplete stop, 5 mph over the speed limit...all resulted in verbal or written warnings, never a ticket. I think it gives them good cause to give the car a closer inspection. God love our boys in blue.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,540 Likes on 3,949 Posts

Probably get pulled more if it's black or tinted glass or lowered or ...

Old 02-16-2010, 05:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,712 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull27

Escalades
Originally Posted by jagv8
Probably get pulled more if it's black or tinted glass

Sheesh I hope not, time will tell though!

Last edited by joycesjag; 02-16-2010 at 06:28 AM. Reason: danielastur moment
Old 02-16-2010, 05:41 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jagv8
Probably get pulled more if it's black or tinted glass or lowered or ...
going 80 in a 55........

Old 02-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,380 Likes on 2,861 Posts

Neither me nor my wife have been pulled in this car in almost 14 months of ownership. But we both know where we can get away with pushing the speed limits and where we can't. I also think that our Quartz color helps to make our S-Type look more corporate as opposed to pimped up. Plus, no oversized rims or heavy tint or anything else saying "look at me"....

Old 02-16-2010, 08:52 AM

i get pulled over a lot but it has really dark tint, and rims on it so i figure they just assume im a drug dealer. But once they pull me over and see that its a college white kid with a panera hat coming home from work, they tend to lighten up lol

Old 02-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've owned my car for two years and I've never been pulled over. I do however get a lot of strange looks because I'm in my 30's but I look like I'm 20 (not that I'm complaining). I think most people think that I'm driving my parent’s car.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine looks like this, and I only been pulled over once......It didnt get a ticket....It was for the tints but now IL is allowed to have tint, but 35% and not close to what I have......

I dont mind the looks and glares

Name:  l_47b8dcda756843a78e4871f6f17058b5.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  61.0 KB

Old 02-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

I got pulled over more in my old '87 Cougar…but it was previously owned by a known drug dealer, so it took a while to break that stigma.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Have not been pulled over yet, just because. I do have euro plates in front, but most cops just smile when they see it, it reads "**** GUAR". I am in my mid 20's, finishing up college, and hopefully starting law school in a year or so, hopefully :-)

Only time I have been pulled over so far is a couple of months ago, when I first got my car, I wanted to strech its legs to see what it could really do in stock trim. was caught going over 145(they say, i was probably going faster) by an undercover 300c. They let me go with just a warning. Ill never forget what one of the officers said "dont worry man, if I was driving a jag, id probably be driving fast too". Havnt driven that fast in a while...lol

Old 02-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member

That could happen only in California. Get pulled for doing 145 mph here in North Carolina and you'll be featured on the 5 o'clock news, sitting in jail with your license automatically revoked for at least a year and probably longer....

Old 02-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon89
That could happen only in California. Get pulled for doing 145 mph here in North Carolina and you'll be featured on the 5 o'clock news, sitting in jail with your license automatically revoked for at least a year and probably longer....
Agreed, dont take to kindly around here for going well over double the speed limit. I guess it has something to do with safety or something

Old 02-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I lived in NC for 10 yrs.....and boy did I ever act a fool with the bike and mustangs.....I didnt get locked up for drag racing or spirted runs, but we either did it on I95, back roads, or my fav spot the back of Fort Bragg, where we even had 60' of road preped w/ VHT, burn out box and 1/8 and 1/4 mile markers marked off

Old 02-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

There's more to my story than just gunning it and being caught.... well I gues ill clear some things up

The 300c I saw on my rear view mirror cut me off and went speeding ahead of me. I felt fiesty, so i went to chase him down, i evidentually did and passed him up (i used my blinkers) and everytime he tried passing me up, i floored it. After seeing that there was NO WAY he could pass me, i backed off and went on thenumber 1 lane(slow lane) and crusied at 60-65mph, my exit was coming up.

I then see the car speed ahead of me, and then slam on the brakes. He slows down to a crawl, and just goes next to me (gets me werided out) for a mile, then finally goes behind me and turns the lights on me. At this point of like ****, nice knowing you jag, so i pull over, turn off my car, turn all the lights on, open all the windows, and leave my hands on the steering wheel.

Cop "so ill need ur license and registration"
I give it to him

Cop 1 "u know we clocked u going around 140mph.. its very dangerous to drive that fast and you could hurt someone"

Me "Really, i had no idea this car could go that fast (i know i hit around 150mph) I dont know how fast i was driving, I needed to go to the bathroom and wanted to make good time, i guess i screwed myslef there. I apologize for any inconvinance I may have caused you...."

Cop 1 then walks away with my info

cop2 "wow man, this is a nice ride, is it yours?"

me "yea, just got it a couple of months ago"

cop2 "yea, nice, this car turbo charged or supercharged?"

me "I think its supercharged ( tryed playing dumb)"

cop 2 "We dont usually pull over cars, we are a special unit, but we had to pull you over cause you might have hurt someone. Hey id probably be driving that fast too if I had a jag. Sorry we pulled you over man"

me "I know... it was dumb. I screwed up, but no worries, i understand, you guys are just doing your job"

Cop 2 goes away

Cop 1 comes back "You know we should actually tow your car away right now....but since you were polite and we got another call were just gonna give u a warning this time" Gave me back my license

They then walk to their car and drive back in the freeway.

I honestly think they let me go beacuse they wanted to race me and I beat them, guess i hurt their ego. Or maybe they were just really cool cops. Moral of the story, dont just race anybody, they might be undercover cops, and they will pull you over, or worst. I havnt driven that fast since then, guess ill just save it for the track

Old 02-16-2010, 10:12 PM
ccc
Received 61 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know how its like in the rest of the country, but after buying the s-type in socal, the first thing I noticed is that most of the stype on the road are driven by housewives. Maybe why the car doesn't get too too much attention and perhaps the benefit of doubt from the cops unlike my old M3. On the other hand, I do know driving a mustang GT in Irvine will get you followed by a cop for a mile or two.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Veteran Member

A high percentage of housewife S-Type drivers around our neck of the woods, too. I always wonder if they pay the local dealership to do their maintenance or if their husbands turn wrenches on their cars as well....

Old 02-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 21,775 Likes on 8,747 Posts

Transporter, you were pretty darn lucky that you had probably the only two cops in Calif. who would have let you off. They could have called for backup and have them tow your car away.
One fwy you DON"T want to go fast is the 15 fwy southbound/downhill out of Cajon Pass. CHP heavily patrols that one looking mainly for speeding tractor rigs. Most of the CHP in that area don't have the light bars on top and they're generally unmarked except for the logo on the doors and you don't know it until it's too late.
I'm NOT speaking from direct experience, just what I've observed.

Quick Reply: Do you get pulled over a lot while driving the jag?