S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you get pulled over a lot while driving the jag?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont get pulled over because of my jag I get pulled over because of my foot.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I was not exactly pulled over but the day after I brought the STR home I was parked at an event that had traffic directed by the State Police.
When I came back to the car I noticed a trooper was slowly driving by the STR, then back up and go by again.
As I walked up he asked..."this your STR"?? "yes" I reply (noticing he stated "STR")
"did you just buy this" he askes. "Yesterday" I stated.. then I made a few comments about the car and how awesome it was.

"I know" he says, I bought the exact car new in 2003 and owned it for a few years and I loved it and hardly ever see them so I had to stop and look at yours since it looked brand new...which is when I noticed you have no front plate and no inspection sticker so I ran the plate and saw the car is registered to a Mercedes AMG ( in mass we have a 7 day window to swap reg)

"have a nice day, nice ride" and off he goes.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

^ great story fergs!

Old 02-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never get pulled over in my 05 STR but my friends and family cars all the time..
Porsche Turbo (X50) all the time. ( Check out the car )
Porsche Carrera 996 ( GT3 clone ) all the time ( Check out the car )
My Brothers SRT8 300c ( Gang bannger's warrent check lol )

Guess the Jag is respectable.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Having been a driver here in UK for abt. 45 years, I reckon the police take more note of the WAY in which a car is driven than the make of the car. Having been a driver for so long, it's also become clear to me when a car is being driven in an unusual way. There's something at an unconscious level that attracts, and you wonder "has he been drinking, is he on drugs" or some such. One such car was being driven rather fast through the Leeds underground motorway system, so I followed it and got behind it. The driver looked to be about 12 years old. I immediately reported the number and direction to the police for them to handle.
Leedsman.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:28 AM

I used to get pulled over in mine a lot. I was in the mall parking lot one night and a cop rolled up and asked me if I was driving my grandparents car I was like "wtf officer?!?" and he grinned. It was pretty messed up. I also got pulled over for my foot as well super_jag but talked my way out of my speeding tickets :-)

Old 02-18-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Leedsman
Having been a driver here in UK for abt. 45 years, I reckon the police take more note of the WAY in which a car is driven than the make of the car. Having been a driver for so long, it's also become clear to me when a car is being driven in an unusual way. There's something at an unconscious level that attracts, and you wonder "has he been drinking, is he on drugs" or some such. One such car was being driven rather fast through the Leeds underground motorway system, so I followed it and got behind it. The driver looked to be about 12 years old. I immediately reported the number and direction to the police for them to handle.
Leedsman.
That's not true at all.

My uncle is a police officer here, and tells me ANYTIME they see an exotic expensive car like Jaguar, lamborghini, rolls royce, bentley, they'll pull it over for no reason but just to see who's driving, then make up some offence like 'you were a suspicious vehicle' .. I love how he puts jaguars with rolls royce and lamborghini.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been pulled over in a variety of cars. They all had something in common ... they would go 77 in a 55.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Never been pulled over in my Jaguar. **knocking on wood**

Its still does get compliments, like yesterday when I was getting gas..

Old 02-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

i have had my car for about a year and a half now and knock on wood i have never been pulled over which surprises me because i have tinted side markers (illegal in CA) and tinted window (35 % also illegal in CA)

I'm pretty young to be owning a jag, 18 to be specific. so i would think if cops saw a young kid like myself driving a jag they would pull me over. but i have not had any trouble to this day! i assume cops just think people with jags are mellow and classy.

not your typical speeder or law breaker. all this being in my opinion of course.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by KLeC
I've been pulled over in a variety of cars. They all had something in common ... they would go 77 in a 55.
Regional Differences and attitudes in driving in law enforcement still amaze me.

Here in NJ on the highways, that 77 would be in the right lane, maybe the middle lane, and you would be constantly passed in the left by cars traveling well above 90. Heck, packed rush hour traffic cruises at 80 here with cars 15 feet from each other.

I have a couple friends who are state troopers, and unless you're doing something else (swerving etc) they wont even bother unless its above 90mph.

Yet, I have family in VA, and you will get pulled over down there past 70 in a 65 and can be arrested for reckless based on the statute for anything over 80.

The local cops here also tend to be very lax as far as traffic enforcement, unless it's a reason to look for something bigger...

George

Old 02-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
Regional Differences and attitudes in driving in law enforcement still amaze me.

Here in NJ on the highways, that 77 would be in the right lane, maybe the middle lane, and you would be constantly passed in the left by cars traveling well above 90. Heck, packed rush hour traffic cruises at 80 here with cars 15 feet from each other.

I have a couple friends who are state troopers, and unless you're doing something else (swerving etc) they wont even bother unless its above 90mph.

George
Yes George is not exaggerating! People here in Ohio think I'm full of it when I lament about the absolutely horrible driving habits here compared to NJ....

To sum it up....In Ohio they don't know how to merge, keep right, move over for faster traffic, how to turn into your own lane IE. left to left, right to right...Don't know how many times I've ended up with a raging driver when all I wanted to do was pass... And most of that is due to enforcement..The Ohio population could do with a few of the "NJ impeding the flow or failure to yield" tickets....

I may have been in Ohio for over 14 years but was born and raised in NJ..

Old 02-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,380 Likes on 2,861 Posts

That's okay, Jeff - we won't hold that against you....

Old 02-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

yup, got plld over once, they never gave me a a excuse, warning or anything

Old 02-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon89
That's okay, Jeff - we won't hold that against you....
Ever notice people that move from NJ don't say " I moved in X" they say "I got out in X".

Old 02-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I’ve been driving for three years with Brit front plate on one Jaguar and six months with Brit plate’s front and rear on the other Jaguar; they are made up with the correct CA reg numbers for the cars however, the Rosser’s pass me up and I have never had my collar felt.

My wife’s X-Type has a Brit plate and she is getting nicked regularly by the local PD; last months fix-it ticket came in at $175!

Dollars to doughnuts, going to work tomorrow I will get pulled over.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,540 Likes on 3,949 Posts

Maybe they prefer to pull a female?

Old 02-21-2010, 08:09 PM

Yea I never get pulled and its amazes me because I have tinted windows and clear corner all illegal in VA. Also yes, all stating that you get pulled and get ****ed in your *** by the cops in VA is true go 10 over and your ****ed.. its kind of a shame really. But I do get compliments on my 05 STR especially since its Radiance in color and everyone thinks its a 2010 vehicle.

I was downtown three days ago and pulled an illegal u-turn I had no idea, never saw the sign, and to top it off I was parking on the street under a no parking sign when an officer slammed his brakes to a stop next to me and seemed to be amazed that I was driving the car, since I am only 20, and just starred and told me what I did wrong and told me to park else where. Other than that compliments is all I ever get with my car.

Oh also my girlfriend got pulled on the highway close to downtown going 69 in a 55 and got a ticket. So, VA sucks ***** really.

P.S- Super Jag where did you get those wheels???? I cant seem to find any nice wheels. Please let me know. TY

Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 AM

never got pulled over YET. but do get a lot of hatred, and jealous people. im only 21 and driving my own Jag...people often ask.." is this your dads car or yours".

Old 03-30-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Roving
never got pulled over YET. but do get a lot of hatred, and jealous people. im only 21 and driving my own Jag...people often ask.." is this your dads car or yours".
hate like what.. can you give some specific examples of encounters

Quick Reply: Do you get pulled over a lot while driving the jag?