S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you get pulled over a lot while driving the jag?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont get pulled over alot im only 18 drivin s-type.every time ive gotten pulled over i hear the famous lines "step out of the car sir,do you mind if we search the vehicle?" if your young and drivin a jag acording to north port florida police it must be drugs!

Old 03-30-2010, 08:39 PM

I'm 29 and I have an 03 stype. I've had it since nov. and I've gotten pulled over once. However, that was because I was in KY going over the river into Cincy doing 62 in a 35. I thought I was getting on a freeway... apparently I got on the wrong bridge (which are right next to each other and the cop nailed me.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by tonyT941
i dont get pulled over alot im only 18 drivin s-type.every time ive gotten pulled over i hear the famous lines "step out of the car sir,do you mind if we search the vehicle?" if your young and drivin a jag acording to north port florida police it must be drugs!
And what, you just surrender your rights and step out like a scared kid?

I'd never step out, in fact I'd rub their noses in the dirt just for the hell of it.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

I've gotten offers from women wanting to trade their beater for my Jag. So far I've been a good boy and avoided temptation.

Mike

Old 04-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,712 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by carelm
I've gotten offers from women wanting to trade their beater for my Jag. So far I've been a good boy and avoided temptation.

Mike

hehehehe

Old 04-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Pantomath
And what, you just surrender your rights and step out like a scared kid?

I'd never step out, in fact I'd rub their noses in the dirt just for the hell of it.
A scared kid?

First of all if an officer pulls you over and says "step out of the car sir,do you mind if we search the vehicle?" you must comply with a lawful order which takes care of the "step out of the car sir" and the "do you mind if we search the vehicle?" is optional and if ya have something in the car ya shouldn't have answer no - repeatedly if necessary. The officer generally has two choices, he either obtains a search warrant or calls in a drug dog. Assuming of course nothing is visible in the vehicle which would be deemed unlawful or present a danger which would provide the officer immediate and unrestricted access.

The probable cause argument for getting pulled over in the first place the officer can always get over - trust me on this one. You can search case law on lawful order, probable cause and search & seizure before ya attempt to "rub their noses in the dirt".

Watchin' too much TeeVee...

Old 04-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Good for you searanch! Oh how true that is. A simple and polite "yes sir" and "yes I know I was wrong and am sorry" attitude can also save you a ton of money when you are driving in an "enthusiastic" manner.

"Rubbin'" a cops nose could get you arrested or at least a lot lighter in the wallet...In fact they hope and pray for a "attitude" when they pull ya over...Makes it real easy to write lots of tickets...Surprise, Surprise! A great majority of officers are just people doing a job and really don't want to make you shell out 100's. At the same time they are obligated to enforce the law, that's their job.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by searanch
A scared kid?

First of all if an officer pulls you over and says "step out of the car sir,do you mind if we search the vehicle?" you must comply with a lawful order which takes care of the "step out of the car sir" and the "do you mind if we search the vehicle?" is optional and if ya have something in the car ya shouldn't have answer no - repeatedly if necessary. The officer generally has two choices, he either obtains a search warrant or calls in a drug dog. Assuming of course nothing is visible in the vehicle which would be deemed unlawful or present a danger which would provide the officer immediate and unrestricted access.

The probable cause argument for getting pulled over in the first place the officer can always get over - trust me on this one. You can search case law on lawful order, probable cause and search & seizure before ya attempt to "rub their noses in the dirt".

Watchin' too much TeeVee...

Wow you need to really relax yourself there captain im gonna jump out of my car with my hands on top of my head and offer you my money and keys just because your a cop omfg please dont hurt me, your like God, your a cop! You know something, its people like you who give cops that 'im gonna punk anyone cus i have a badge' persona, because a copper tries it out on someone like you and gets away with it and you get all scared then he tries it on everyone. My favorite line from them is 'we can do this the hard way or the easy way' LOOOL!

Do you even know what 'rub your nose in the dirt' means, I assume your taking it literally? And second, I don't care if I don't have nothing to hide, I don't want some pig oinking around in my car going through my personal ****. And if you knew anything you'd know a cop can't just ask you 'step out of the car', where is the probable cause? Because your a young kid driving a jag? They have to have very good reason to ask you to step out of your car, that is a huge thing to do.

Last edited by Pantomath; 04-09-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:53 PM

Wow you need to really relax yourself there captain im gonna jump out of my car with my hands on top of my head and offer you my money and keys just because your a cop omfg please dont hurt me, your like God, your a cop! You know something, its people like you who give cops that 'im gonna punk anyone cus i have a badge' persona, because a copper tries it out on someone like you and gets away with it and you get all scared then he tries it on everyone. My favorite line from them is 'we can do this the hard way or the easy way' LOOOL!

Do you even know what 'rub your nose in the dirt' means, I assume your taking it literally? And second, I don't care if I don't have nothing to hide, I don't want some pig oinking around in my car going through my personal ****. And if you knew anything you'd know a cop can't just ask you 'step out of the car', where is the probable cause? Because your a young kid driving a jag? They have to have very good reason to ask you to step out of your car, that is a huge thing to do.
Your condescending attitude is clearly exceeded by your lack of reading, writing and comprehensive word skills. Go back and read what I said slowly so your titleist sized brain can comprehend and compare it to your response. The only thing ya got right is the Captain part sparky...

Old 04-10-2010, 12:24 AM

Your condescending attitude is clearly exceeded by your lack of reading, writing and comprehensive word skills. Go back and read what I said slowly so your titleist sized brain can comprehend and compare it to your response. The only thing ya got right is the Captain part sparky...
My titlest sized brain? Hahahaha! I guess Him being in MENSA since high school doesn't mean anything does it? I guess he's just too much of a cretin.

I'm just playing with you relax.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:23 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Really Pantomath, I seriously doubt you've ever actually been in that situation...I have. And I had a chip on my shoulder a lot bigger than my brain at the time. Got pulled over on the Jersey Turnpike in my new Beretta. There I was, my hair down to my @ss, long earing, and a little hottie with me. The cop told me he stopped me for aggressive driving and speeding then told me and my girl to step out of the car. Me, Mr. Hard @ss, said no. I was then told that I could sit and wait on the side of the road until the local judge issued a warrant and it was fine with him if it took hours. Also, if the judge was not available, he would have my car towed to a holding yard until a warrant could be attained. Needless to say, I gave in, the cop found nothing, but made sure he wrote me for everything he pulled me over for. Years later I ended up with various friends in all lines of police work from local cops to state police. And searanch is correct, even though he is from Canada and I'm sure the laws differ slightly from the US. Any judge will uphold an officer's judgment of "probable cause" every time. Don't bother with the "profiling" argument either. That has been tried and fails as well. Now I still get pulled over and I still get tickets..But I get a lot less than I used to simply based on attitude alone. More time than not I get a "slow down Mario" and a have a nice day.....way cheaper than having some kind of punk attitude..

Old 04-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,380 Likes on 2,861 Posts

Yep, some good ol' common sense and a modicum of respect sure goes a long way when dealing with the law on the side of the road. Young punks typically don't have enough smarts yet to realize that. A smart-*** attitude plus the typical punk appearance and demeanor sticks you with heavy fines and possibly some time in the cooler more often than not. Live and learn, buddy....

Old 04-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Haven't gotten pulled in the Jag yet. Not really.

When I first got the car, I took it out on a stretch of SR 44 in Lake County, FL. I was cruising at 70-75 mph in a 55 mph zone. I was going about 10 mph above the prevailing speed of traffic. I saw a cop approaching me from the opposite lane. I took my foot off the gas and gave it some brake. The cop then appeared to be turning around. I wasn't going to let that guy ruin my day, so I romped on the gas and pulled her up to 115 mph, passed a car and sandwiched myself between a minivan and an SUV. Cop did not find me. I got lucky. I'm not saying what I did was safe or anything, but I managed to avoid a ticket.

On interstate highways, the defacto speed limit is about 78 mph in 65 or 70 mph zones. In 55's, it is closer to 70 mph. On two lanes, you want to keep closer to 60.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Cool

My titlest sized brain? Hahahaha! I guess Him being in MENSA since high school doesn't mean anything does it? I guess he's just too much of a cretin.

I'm just playing with you relax.
Pffff..Te futueo et caballum tuum

Old 04-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by JOsworth
And searanch is correct, even though he is from Canada and I'm sure the laws differ slightly from the US. Any judge will uphold an officer's judgment of "probable cause" every time. Don't bother with the "profiling" argument either. That has been tried and fails as well.
I moved to Canada in 2006 from Washington state. The coppers here don't need a search warrant and/or establish probable cause to toss your ride. And they act the same way we did when faced with a smart*ss - it's universal...

Old 04-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Never, but I did not get pulled over in my Volvo or a couple of Hondas before that. I think it is to do with the way I drive. If you get pulled over a lot, it is usually something to do with the way you drive.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 AM

I moved to Canada in 2006 from Washington state. The coppers here don't need a search warrant and/or establish probable cause to toss your ride. And they act the same way we did when faced with a smart*ss - it's universal...
What the hell are you talking about little kiddo?

The cops here in Canada need a search warrant just as much as they do in the US, I think you've been puppying up too much CSI. Everytime you type something you just prove again and again how incompetent you are about Canadian laws.

@JOSworth

It's not about being a tough guy, if I get pulled over by a cop I'll be properly behaved, however, once he tries to pull out the 'im a cop bow down to me' card is when I'll rub his nose in the dirt. If I'm asked to step out of my car I'll make sure he tells me the reason why. And when I do step out I'll have all my windows up with the doors locked and car off.

Just like in USA there is a 'plain view rule', which means if the cop doesn't see something illegal with his very own eyes inside your car there is no justification for a search of the car. Also, smelling something does not count so that can't be used, it has to be seen.

Last edited by Pantomath; 04-10-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Cool

What the hell are you talking about little kiddo?

The cops here in Canada need a search warrant just as much as they do in the US, I think you've been puppying up too much CSI. Everytime you type something you just prove again and again how incompetent you are about Canadian laws.
Ya know I've often said ya "just can't fix stupid".

I said "toss your ride" which in simple terms translates to making your life miserable including, but not limited to, f*ckin' with your person, paperwork, ride (vehicle) and a whole lot of pickin' flysh*t out of pepper...

Generally a Police Officer in Canada & the US have the right to search your car when:

1) You give consent
2) Search incident to arrest
3) Probable cause to believe there is something in the car
4) Plain sight, plain smell and plain hearing doctrine

Capiche...

Old 04-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had trouble with the cops twice in my car, once I was waiting for a buddy of mine in a burger king parking lot to get dinner at like 6:00 at night during the summer. The cop pulled along side me and turned his spotlight on and looked around the car, apparently a younger person driving a newer XJ automatically means drug dealer. 20 min and two cop cars later they realized that I was really just waiting for a friend and not doing anything wrong, the guy didn't even apologize. The second time I was on the palisades parkway keeping up with traffic doing about 60-65 along with all the other cars around me, and I saw him sitting about a half mile ahead and started to slow down and pulled into the slow lane while the other cars kept going and flew past him. He pulled out and got right up my *** while I was doing 55 and then put his lights on and pulled me over. He saw my radar detector and said "guess your radar didn't get me eh? thats because I didn't even use it". I gave him my license registration and PBA family card and he looked down and pushed it right back at me(I also have a PBA shield on my back winshield) He came back with the ticket in his hand and didn't even say anything to me just pushed it in my face and then said if you have any questions call the number on the back and when I said excuse me officer he just turned around and walked right back to his car, the ticket was for 73 in a 50! A friend of mine is a cop in the area and looked into everything for me and said that a few of the cops on the parkway police are like that and ended up speaking to the patrolman that pulled me over. His response was oh I didn't pull him over because of the speeding, it was because he was weaving around other cars. I changed lanes only once between where I got on in Alpine and where he pulled me over in Fort Lee which is 6 or 7 miles. I think he was a lot harder on me because of the car and my age!

Mat

Old 04-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Simalr thign happened to me, up hee in canada where they asked to look in my vehicles i keep it clean, and this was before the tint, i went and let them search, kinda felt like a BA standing ont eh side of the raod with everyone staring at the jag me.

Quick Reply: Do you get pulled over a lot while driving the jag?