S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you get pulled over a lot while driving the jag?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Received 133 Likes on 81 Posts

I've never been pulled over, but I do have trouble crossing the border into the US! Last time I went through I didn't even have a chance to say anything to the border guard. Pulled up to the window, he got my ID, within 10 seconds asked if this was my car and asked for the registration. Then closed the window, another armed guard showed up and then I was asked to pull into the garage for inspection. I wasn't rude in any way, I was polite and complied with everything they wanted (not a good idea to **** those guys off!). When I got in the garage, I stepped out, did everything they asked, then was hit with the question "How can a person like you afford a car like this?", asked in a really agressive manor. What was that about! They searched the car (didn't care as I have nothing to hide) and then handed me the keys and told me to go on my way. How do they know how much money I have and what I can and can't afford just because I'm 26 and in grad school! Profiling much.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by searanch
Ya know I've often said ya "just can't fix stupid".

I said "toss your ride" which in simple terms translates to making your life miserable including, but not limited to, f*ckin' with your person, paperwork, ride (vehicle) and a whole lot of pickin' flysh*t out of pepper...

Generally a Police Officer in Canada & the US have the right to search your car when:

1) You give consent
2) Search incident to arrest
3) Probable cause to believe there is something in the car
4) Plain sight, plain smell and plain hearing doctrine

Capiche...
I said it before and i'll say it again, I am but at least 100 million your intelligent quotient and this is backed up by me being a member of MENSA since high school. I will continue to debunk and shred your garbage that you are constantly pulling out of your ***.

You think you know the laws here in Canada but you don't. There is no 'plain smell', rule here in Canada you cretin. There is a 'plain view rule', and that is it besides the other one which is justifiable cause to search the car. Let me give you an example of this since you have a hard time understanding this.

Lets say you are in your car and mr almighty police officer comes and sees you smoking crack which I'm sure you do, he will then pull you over and search your car with or without consent. Because he has justifiable cause and has seen it with his own eyes.

If there was a 'plain smell' rule, then what the hell is the point of having drug dogs ? You are just the typical uneducated citizen who bows down to an 'almighty police officer' just because they are a cop. Go to the .gov site and familiarize yourself with Canadian laws and stop trying to rank your iq in my field, you are nothing but a young little kid. I laugh at you. I laugh hard.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by WinterJag
I've never been pulled over, but I do have trouble crossing the border into the US! Last time I went through I didn't even have a chance to say anything to the border guard. Pulled up to the window, he got my ID, within 10 seconds asked if this was my car and asked for the registration. Then closed the window, another armed guard showed up and then I was asked to pull into the garage for inspection. I wasn't rude in any way, I was polite and complied with everything they wanted (not a good idea to **** those guys off!). When I got in the garage, I stepped out, did everything they asked, then was hit with the question "How can a person like you afford a car like this?", asked in a really agressive manor. What was that about! They searched the car (didn't care as I have nothing to hide) and then handed me the keys and told me to go on my way. How do they know how much money I have and what I can and can't afford just because I'm 26 and in grad school! Profiling much.
Do you know if those border people need a search warrant to search your car or can they search without your consent or without getting a warrant?

Old 04-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Received 133 Likes on 81 Posts

I believe that they can basically do what they want. They can search anyone at anytime trying to cross the border and call it a 'random search' as far as I know. I know they don't need a warrent, and if you say no, then they will assume you have something to hide and then they will for sure search you! Also, if you refuse, they just won't let you in the country. I have nothing to hide, in fact, I had just cleaned my car and there wasn't anything in it at all! Actually, one of the guards that had searched my car actually was asking about it when I was leaving. She liked it and seemed really nice and was asking about it like how it drives and how many miles, etc.. I don't pretend to know the rules governing the US boarder guards, but it seems to me that they can pretty much do whatever they want all in the name of national security!

Old 04-12-2010, 06:27 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantomath
That's not true at all.

My uncle is a police officer here, and tells me ANYTIME they see an exotic expensive car like Jaguar, lamborghini, rolls royce, bentley, they'll pull it over for no reason but just to see who's driving, then make up some offence like 'you were a suspicious vehicle' .. I love how he puts jaguars with rolls royce and lamborghini.
Pantomath, please explain why you say Leedsman is not speaking the truth about the road traffic police and law in the UK, when you so roundly criticise another who has commented on Canadian road traffic police and law, for being ignorant? What is your experience and knowledge of the situation in the UK?

Old 04-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I said it before and i'll say it again, I am but at least 100 million your intelligent quotient and this is backed up by me being a member of MENSA since high school. I will continue to debunk and shred your garbage that you are constantly pulling out of your ***.

You think you know the laws here in Canada but you don't. There is no 'plain smell', rule here in Canada you cretin. There is a 'plain view rule', and that is it besides the other one which is justifiable cause to search the car. Let me give you an example of this since you have a hard time understanding this.

Lets say you are in your car and mr almighty police officer comes and sees you smoking crack which I'm sure you do, he will then pull you over and search your car with or without consent. Because he has justifiable cause and has seen it with his own eyes.

If there was a 'plain smell' rule, then what the hell is the point of having drug dogs ? You are just the typical uneducated citizen who bows down to an 'almighty police officer' just because they are a cop. Go to the .gov site and familiarize yourself with Canadian laws and stop trying to rank your iq in my field, you are nothing but a young little kid. I laugh at you. I laugh hard.

Just because you have a "high IQ" does not mean you have common sense, clearly. Also, stop with the Mensa sh*t, it makes you look like a pompous as*hole.

Last edited by Bull27; 04-12-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Pant, I think Searanch is a young 65 year old give or take a few.I find his knowledge to be comendable.

When we respect authority,we get respect back (life in general)

Are you in Canada, USA, or Britain? You said your uncle here in Britain in one post makes it sound like you live in the UK.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Did you bang your head on the floor a lot when you were young requiring a helmet with regular trips to school on the short bus? Clarence Darrow you ain’t sunshine. As to your claims of Mensa status you are obviously short about 50 from the magic 132 required to ring that bell.

I used two words “generally and doctrine” in my last response to you that apparently are beyond your mens*ss comprehension. I painted with a wide brush hence “generally”, and used the word “doctrine” not, in your word(s), “rule” ya thick pillock. Law enforcement, as the label implies, enforce the law not the rules in the hockey game of life.

If I were to smell burnt Marihuana (smell doctrine) from an occupied vehicle, I would likely check the driver of the vehicle for licence/registration and to confirm their sobriety. If in doing that, there is further reason to believe a particular person may either have drugs in their possession or be under the influence of drugs/alcohol then that provides further grounds to continue investigating. That does include a search of the passenger compartment of the vehicle.

We have this authority under various Acts. Marihuana is illegal, so if the odour can be detected (smell doctrine burned or unburned) within a vehicle when an officer is speaking to a driver/passenger then that gives the officer grounds to conduct a CDSA (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act in Canada) investigation. That is just the odour aspect.

If a joint is seen in the ashtray, or a pipe or other paraphernalia is seen, that also gives grounds for further investigation (view doctrine). It sounds like you believe that since it has already been burned that there shouldn’t be a reason for a search. That is incorrect. The smell of burned Marihuana doesn’t preclude the possibility that there is more within the vehicle. It also causes an officer to conduct a concurrent investigation as to whether the driver’s ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired.

In addition, if I hear Cheech and/or Chong banging (hearing doctrine) on the inside of the trunk to let them out I won’t ignore them and/or the cloud of smoke and Marihuana present in the trunk.

I invite you to test your theories by sparking up a spliff in your vehicle and seek out some special attention from law enforcement in the USA, Canada and UK. Be sure to tell ‘em ya belong to Mensa as they drag your sorry dumb *ss off to jail...

Jaysus give me patience...

Old 04-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,380 Likes on 2,861 Posts

That response, my good man, is absolutely gorgeous....

Old 04-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,542 Likes on 3,951 Posts

Wow, that is so well written

Old 04-12-2010, 10:58 AM

Did you bang your head on the floor a lot when you were young requiring a helmet with regular trips to school on the short bus? Clarence Darrow you ain’t sunshine. As to your claims of Mensa status you are obviously short about 50 from the magic 132 required to ring that bell.

I used two words “generally and doctrine” in my last response to you that apparently are beyond your mens*ss comprehension. I painted with a wide brush hence “generally”, and used the word “doctrine” not, in your word(s), “rule” ya thick pillock. Law enforcement, as the label implies, enforce the law not the rules in the hockey game of life.

If I were to smell burnt Marihuana (smell doctrine) from an occupied vehicle, I would likely check the driver of the vehicle for licence/registration and to confirm their sobriety. If in doing that, there is further reason to believe a particular person may either have drugs in their possession or be under the influence of drugs/alcohol then that provides further grounds to continue investigating. That does include a search of the passenger compartment of the vehicle.

We have this authority under various Acts. Marihuana is illegal, so if the odour can be detected (smell doctrine burned or unburned) within a vehicle when an officer is speaking to a driver/passenger then that gives the officer grounds to conduct a CDSA (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act in Canada) investigation. That is just the odour aspect.

If a joint is seen in the ashtray, or a pipe or other paraphernalia is seen, that also gives grounds for further investigation (view doctrine). It sounds like you believe that since it has already been burned that there shouldn’t be a reason for a search. That is incorrect. The smell of burned Marihuana doesn’t preclude the possibility that there is more within the vehicle. It also causes an officer to conduct a concurrent investigation as to whether the driver’s ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired.

In addition, if I hear Cheech and/or Chong banging (hearing doctrine) on the inside of the trunk to let them out I won’t ignore them and/or the cloud of smoke and Marihuana present in the trunk.

I invite you to test your theories by sparking up a spliff in your vehicle and seek out some special attention from law enforcement in the USA, Canada and UK. Be sure to tell ‘em ya belong to Mensa as they drag your sorry dumb *ss off to jail...

Jaysus give me patience...
First of all I don't smoke marijuana or do any other drug so you can go test that little theorem out yourself.

Are you that jealous of me being part of MENSA? Really? I knew that it does put people on their guard and make them growl a bit but you really are ****ting bricks there kid.

And actually, the requirement isn't 132 to get into MENSA, if that is the substandard then I guess I'm a couple of shades smarter then anyone in MENSA as well? I scored a 142.

You obviously have no idea what your talking about not only when it comes to Canadian laws but also MENSA. Don't trash our organization by falsifying information about us. The requirement is not 132 but it is to score at least 98% on any test, it could be 142, 136, etc.

In your posts you have continuously said that you would jump out of your car if an almighty cop pulled you over and told you to get out of the car, you also said you'd get on your knees in a very degrading position right in front of him.

But what really gives me pause about your post is you claim that I am 50 below 132 yet you don't even know how to spell a word like marijuana, that is really sad. And don't try to cover up your stupidness by saying 'oh but it was a typo', a typo 3 or 4 times? It also gives me pause that you don't know how to spell grade 6 words like 'odor', and 'license'.
I assume your still a college kid? Oh, let me guess, your a 'bad boy' because you smoke crack? Is that it? HAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!!

Please, take a look at my handle, go to the dictionary and find out what it means. That is exactly what I am. The likes of the Great Baltasar.

Last edited by Pantomath; 04-12-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:58 AM

Good for you man, I am sure we are all extremely jealous of you being a self proclaimed brainiac. It's too bad that most people with Mensa IQ's are such geeks that they never fully develop social skills therefore only able to perform jobs locked up in a lab. This is clearly evident on this forum by your arrogant (internet toughguy) attitude, and I suspect that you were probably beaten on multiple occasions by your peers.

You are not an attorney, judge or a law enforcement official and are clearly not well versed in law. It seems as though you have an inner hatred towards authority, which could stem from being beaten by your peers who were in a higher "social standing" than you. I am no counselor, but I would advise talking to someone about that before you get beaten and arrested by said officials.

Maybe you are good at math, great for you, but you suck at law and social skills.

Last edited by Bull27; 04-12-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by MyBlackCat
Pant, I think Searanch is a young 65 year old give or take a few.I find his knowledge to be comendable.

When we respect authority,we get respect back (life in general)

Are you in Canada, USA, or Britain? You said your uncle here in Britain in one post makes it sound like you live in the UK.
No no, I am from canada and live here, my uncle is also from here I guess it was a typo. I don't know anything about UK law but I know there are crooked cops everywhere.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bull27
Good for you man, I am sure we are all extremely jealous of you being a self proclaimed brainiac. It's too bad that most people with Mensa IQ's are such geeks that they never fully develop social skills therefore only able to perform jobs locked up in a lab. This is clearly evident on this forum by your arrogant (internet toughguy) attitude, and I suspect that you were probably beaten on multiple occasions by your peers.

You are not an attorney, judge or a law enforcement official and are clearly not well versed in law. It seems as though you have an inner hatred towards authority, which could stem from being beaten by your peers who were in a higher "social standing" than you. I am no counselor, but I would advise talking to someone about that before you get beaten and arrested by said officials.

Maybe you are good at math, great for you, but you suck at law and social skills.
Actually no I was never beaten by my peers, not that I can remember. I said it and I'll say it again, a cop can not pull you over in a normal traffic stop, then tell you to get out of the car and start to search your car like puppy boy over here said.

And as for the rest of your comments thank you very much. You may think your insults were insulting but they are all actually compliments.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 6,330 Likes on 5,516 Posts

I don't see anything wrong with the spelling odour or licence, it may depend where you live how you spell.

"Cannabis, also known as marijuana[2], marihuana"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)

Last edited by Norri; 04-12-2010 at 11:25 AM. Reason: added link
Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

No no, I am from canada and live here, my uncle is also from here I guess it was a typo. I don't know anything about UK law but I know there are crooked cops everywhere.
So Leedsman's experience of UK traffic laws and police means he (and I) are in a far better position to comment, than you are to say he is wrong.

You are a hypocrite and I suspect you are not going to last long on a friendly forum.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:28 AM

First of all I don't smoke marijuana or do any other drug so you can go test that little theorem out yourself.

Are you that jealous of me being part of MENSA? Really? I knew that it does put people on their guard and make them growl a bit but you really are ****ting bricks there kid.

And actually, the requirement isn't 132 to get into MENSA, if that is the substandard then I guess I'm a couple of shades smarter then anyone in MENSA as well? I scored a 142.

You obviously have no idea what your talking about not only when it comes to Canadian laws but also MENSA. Don't trash our organization by falsifying information about us. The requirement is not 132 but it is to score at least 98% on any test, it could be 142, 136, etc.

In your posts you have continuously said that you would jump out of your car if an almighty cop pulled you over and told you to get out of the car, you also said you'd get on your knees in a very degrading position right in front of him.

But what really gives me pause about your post is you claim that I am 50 below 132 yet you don't even know how to spell a word like marijuana, that is really sad. And don't try to cover up your stupidness by saying 'oh but it was a typo', a typo 3 or 4 times? It also gives me pause that you don't know how to spell grade 6 words like 'odor', and 'license'.
I assume your still a college kid? Oh, let me guess, your a 'bad boy' because you smoke crack? Is that it? HAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!!

Please, take a look at my handle, go to the dictionary and find out what it means. That is exactly what I am. The likes of the Great Baltasar.
I proffer to the Great Baltasar Mensass the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marihuana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Licence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odour and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...ng_differences

Beyond belief someone can exhibit such colossal ignorance and stupidity. I need to remind myself that fighting with a pig results in only two things. The pig likes it and I get dirty...

Old 04-12-2010, 11:32 AM

I proffer to the Great Baltasar Mensass the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marihuana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Licence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odour and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...ng_differences

Beyond belief someone can exhibit such colossal ignorance and stupidity. I need to remind myself that fighting with a pig results in only two things. The pig likes it and I get dirty...
You are the pig, oink oink, go to to wikipedia and check license, the word is spelt LICENSE even on wikipedia, look at the title of the page. Odor is spelt with an o not ou.

And lol, Baltasar has nothing to do with mensa loool. It amazes me each time you type how much of a fool you are.

ALSO: from wikipedia

"American English uses practice and license for both meanings." From the last I heard you were american, are you trying to cloak your ignorance by now claiming British status?

Old 04-12-2010, 11:40 AM

You are the pig, oink oink, go to to wikipedia and check license, the word is spelt LICENSE even on wikipedia, look at the title of the page. Odor is spelt with an o not ou.

And lol, Baltasar has nothing to do with mensa loool. It amazes me each time you type how much of a fool you are.

"American English uses practice and license for both meanings." From the last I heard you were american, are you trying to cloak your ignorance by now claiming British status?
Wow. He's from Canada you dip****. They pronounce and spell certain words differently depending on which part you are from. My last post included no insults but rather observations and advice from me to you.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Cool

Now ya want to argue with Wikipedia. I have three citizenships. British, Canadian and American. Born in the UK to English mother and Canadian father which provides me British & Canadian citizenship. I am a naturalized US citizen having lived in the United States from 1977 to 2006 and married to a US citizen. And yes, I have three passports but I don't think Mensa gives a sh*t.

Do us all a favor and stop trying to suck all the oxygen out of the room. You offer nothing of any value Mensass...

Quick Reply: Do you get pulled over a lot while driving the jag?