Sponsored by:

Drag'n da nose

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 08:49 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Drag'n da nose

My S-Type seems prone to hitting the front end when going over speed bumps, etc. The bottom of the front valance is scratched and the fender liners, that I replaced after buying the car (and finding them both all smashed up), have cracked again. You can also hear the front end scraping when going around sharp corners when autocrossing.

The car seems to ride fine, steers and brakes straight and has a very nice ride.

Do you think my springs/shocks are worn and need replacing? Has anyone else noticed a tendency to "drag da nose"? Anyone replaced springs/shocks?

The car has 67k miles and is mostly a highway cruiser.
==================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons
2015 JCNA National Slalom Champion Class M
Current: '08 Jaguar S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 whp / 259.67 torque)
Past: '05 X-Type 3.0/auto Jaguar Racing Green

Old 10-25-2016, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,715 Likes on 1,215 Posts

I cannot say for sure in your vehicle. These S Types do sit low to the ground as we all know. I am not the daily driver of ours and TBH, I cannot recall when I drove it last other than pulling it in or out of the garage.

If you look at pictures here on forum, Google or just about anywhere else, one common thing I notice is the scraped front ends and the front inner wheel well "mud flap" (forward of tire) seems to be always missing. I as well replaced the inner wheel well years ago because of this reason. It did not take long for Joyce to "remove" them.

The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (10-27-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 12:48 PM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

>one common thing I notice is the scraped front ends and the front inner wheel well "mud flap" (forward of tire) seems to be always missing

Yup, exactly what I've got. But in fact it's worse for me, I'm using 18" XF wheels and tires and the tires are 245/45-18, while the stock tire is 245/40-18. That should give me a little lift regarding hitting the front but it has also meant that I've hit bumps and "hooked" the edge of the fender with a tire. That has caused the fender edge to get "pulled down" and also cut a slice in the rubber of the tire.

Oh, well, guess these cars ride low and have narrow fender-tire gaps.

Thanks
================================================
Jaguar - it's not an automobile, it's a Motorcar
2015 JCNA National Slalom Champion Class M
Current: '08 S-Type 4.2 "Satin Edition" (250.06 whp / 259.67 torque)
Past: '05 X-Type 3.0/auto Jaguar Racing Green