S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar S Type R 4.2L Supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by avos
Maybe slightly better fuel economy, very hard to measure correctly. Emissions depends on what you worry about, so if you would be concerned about the environment this might not be the best car in the first place, but when it is to pass emission tests you will be fine (but I can’t speak for tunes from tuners O don’t know).
passing emissons is what i really wanted to know, the last car i own had a tune reflash via (handhelded tuner sct) that u hook up and upload a map, but when i went thur inspection the emissons readiness test and ect wasnt ready but when i return to factory stock tune its was fine.. wasnt sure if this is the same type of tune/reflash.. and btw i have a slight lead foot lol. fuel eco is never an issue wit me, fuel keeps us moving no matter what mpg.. :-)

Last edited by zetecstr101; 03-08-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JagV8
What does does someone have to buy to do that and how much is it?

What tuning options are there? E.g. can I edit maps?
Please view our price list on our website for pricing. Contact us for any questions regarding the tune for your vehicle.

Originally Posted by qikcat
Doing a little research its a flash tune, around 1300$ most likely not moddable.
Sorry, but Im quite confused. $1,395 is for the ECU and Pulley.

Originally Posted by zetecstr101
how much for the tune and how would u install it???
Would a tune benefit the 4.2 sc at all?
What will a tune look this do for emissions and fuel economy?
ECU - $995
ECU & Pulley - $1,395

Yes, the tune will definitely benefit the 4.2 SC's. Please contact us for references for customers who have actually had it done.

The tune will not effect emissions and will increase mpg.

Originally Posted by qwiketz
it sounds like they're just selling a mail order tune. I don't want to blast a forum sponsor, but for the money, they need to show us that it's worth it since we're all pretty sceptical. Several people have made promises but we haven't seen anything. I've even offered my car up for several guys to take a look at it over the years.

For a few hundred dollars, we can get most of that hp with a intake tube, k&n and mufflers. In addition, my definition of "tuning" means getting the car on the dyno and making changes based on what you see rather than using a "canned" tune. The only people that I see interested in this type of thing are the guys that have already done the previously mentioned mods and are looking for more. Finally $1400 for 25hp on a 10k car doesn't seem like it's worth it to me, but that's just me. But then again when i want to go fast, I don't drive the jag....

Sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions prior to letting the OP respond to all of these things....
We tested this car back in 2006. I apologize for not having a dyno sheet. Once a customer comes in, we'll see if we can get it on a dyno. When shops or customers dyno their cars, their dyno sheets belong to them and they are not for us to post. As you can see on the XJ/XJL thread, one of our customers posted a dyno sheet for the public to see.

We encourage you to contact us directly if you wish to get this tune done.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Is the software your tuning group use unique to your company or a purchase from a tuneing software company that licenses you to sell their tune? Eurotoys, Eurotec, etc. do this, they are licensed dealers of an STR tune originally produced by a tuning firm (Viszio).

Old 03-17-2012, 06:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Originally Posted by sales@ECU Tuning Group
As you can see on the XJ/XJL thread, one of our customers posted a dyno sheet for the public to see.
Please post a link as I couldn't find it

Old 03-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Veteran Member

Folks, as you all have noticed, all ECU performance tunes cost $995. This happens to be the manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP) for tunes purchased from the "Mother" tuner (Viszio). The actual dyno-tune was performed almost 7 years ago and has been in circulation since. The STR had a cat back exhaust that enabled it to put out 435 chp @ 488 lb/ft trq. You too, can be a licensed dealer for Viszio.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bfsgross
Is the software your tuning group use unique to your company or a purchase from a tuneing software company that licenses you to sell their tune? Eurotoys, Eurotec, etc. do this, they are licensed dealers of an STR tune originally produced by a tuning firm (Viszio).
Originally Posted by bfsgross
Folks, as you all have noticed, all ECU performance tunes cost $995. This happens to be the manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP) for tunes purchased from the "Mother" tuner (Viszio). The actual dyno-tune was performed almost 7 years ago and has been in circulation since. The STR had a cat back exhaust that enabled it to put out 435 chp @ 488 lb/ft trq. You too, can be a licensed dealer for Viszio.
We are in no way affiliated with Viszio, Viezu, or any other tuning company. Our tunes are created by our team. If any member would like to further investigate this matter, I urge you to contact Viszio tuning and question them yourself. We have been in this industry since 1991 and know many people within it.

Last edited by sales@ECU Tuning Group; 03-17-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

If your "team" is bright at all they can easily tune my s type r that is local. A tune for $995 is robbery for anything that is setup specifically for the car. So to say you can't handle a s type with alky and a 3 + lb tune is crazy. Who would possibly trust you guys with no forum references.

The following users liked this post:
bfsgross (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Former Sponsor

We have tuned a number of forum members 5.0SC cars. As for the way your vehicle is specifically modified, there is a reason we use a 1.5lb pulley verses a 3lb. I apologize, but we are not familiar with the company that manufactured that pulley and for safety purposes, we choose not to take it on as an experiment. I hope you understand.

We urge you to contact our competitors who can tune your car with the 3lb pulley and ported head.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Last time I checked, there weren't any competitors for the 4.2liter supercharged ecu. It's an ongoing topic on this forum. I don't have ported heads, but rather ported supercharger. BTW, no, I don't understand the logic of only going with a 1.5 lb pulley instead of a 3lb pulley. Simply adding the pulley alone is fine with the factory ecu and injectors/fuel pump capacity, so I don't know why adding the additional boost would cause problems. There's members on here that have upped the boost on the 4.2 by means of twin screw or pullies without issues.

I don't want to totally give you crap but if you're going to be on this forum, at least sponsor one member and have them post the results on the forum along with their mods. Without that, several of us are going to give you ongoing hell since we've been jerked around by so many people all ready on the topic of tunes.

The following 2 users liked this post by qwiketz:
bfsgross (03-17-2012), joycesjag (03-17-2012)
Old 03-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Former Sponsor

The company who ported your supercharger and sold you the 3lb pulley should be able to tune your car or at least guide you in the right direction of who could properly tune it. Through the many experiments we have done with the 4.2 supercharged, there is a reason why we chose to stick with the 1.5lb pulley and not port the supercharger.

We understand your concerns with the said modifications and would be pleased to speak to you about this in greater length over the phone. If interested, please contact us via phone on monday and we'll explain if something could possibly be done.

Please note that we are not one of the other "tuners" who came on this board and took many members for a ride. There hasn't been a single member on this forum who has been unsatisfied with our service and product. We have programmed a very good amount where quite a few have chimed in and shared their experiences.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,634 Likes on 8,309 Posts

Post #53 might be a start for tuning info.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...e-64589/page3/

Old 03-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member

ETG, could you have those who've tuned with you contact our forum? From here, we can share experiences and they can post dyno sheets. Do you have a round about chp and trq. figure for a tuned STR with 1.5 pulley. Are you saying your tune isn't compatible with STR's with 3 lb pulley and ported blower? Makes no sense to be narrow.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

OK, I'm stepping in with my SuperMod hat on. Guys, as you know I am totally impartial, my only interest is the well being of the forum and it's members.

I have no interest other than intellectual in tuning my Jag (world's fastest Rusty XJ40 just doesn't cut it). The price of a tune is more than the value of the car.

There are too many threads, posts, and participants across the forums for me to contact everyone involved via PM, I would likely miss someone.

JaguarForums is noted for being one of the most helpful and friendly forums on the Internet with all members having a great willingness to share their experiences and knowledge.

There have been many instances where ETG have stated that they have tuned forum member's cars in various threads including this one.

We have tuned a number of forum members 5.0SC cars.
There hasn't been a single member on this forum who has been unsatisfied with our service and product. We have programmed a very good amount where quite a few have chimed in and shared their experiences.
So far I am only aware of one member that has claimed to have had their car tuned by ETG, (icarus77) I may be wrong though. (missed someone ?).

I would like to take this opportunity to invite anyone who has used ETG, or ETG themselves, to share your experiences with other members of the forums.

Sharing is what the forums are all about in the first place.

If I had had a great experience with a supplier, I would be shouting from the roof tops, promoting them, and maybe organizing a future discount, just saying.

So if you have used ETG, please help other members, and at the same time help ETG, and post up your results. Great experiences will not only help here, but may also help ETG to gain new business.

I can fully understand that tuning is a very emotive subject, that can also be extremely expensive if done incorrectly or can be a complete waste of money.

I also understand the natural skepticism of people interested in this subject, when the 'Benchmark' in the Tuning world seems to be documented Dyno sheets, which are apparently unfortunately unavailable for Jaguar engines tuned by ETG.

If Dyno sheets can be made available, I will happily (very happily) add them to the various appropriate forum FAQs so that everyone can benefit and we can move forward objectively.

Let us all work to help each other on this one.

All the best.

The following 5 users liked this post by Translator:
bfsgross (03-18-2012), JagV8 (03-18-2012), Jayt2 (03-18-2012), JimC64 (03-18-2012), joycesjag (03-18-2012)
Old 03-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks Richard. You're message is fair to all. We're very reluctant to part with our hard earned cash on an ECU tune without hard evidence of its efficacy and tune parameters.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:04 PM

i will be going to this before the end of the year i will keep you guys posted..

Old 09-24-2012, 04:06 PM

followed by a before and after dyno..

Old 09-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Veteran Member

Way to go brother. Please keep us posted.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Received 198 Likes on 166 Posts

i will be going to this before the end of the year i will keep you guys posted..
What are you running in terms of mods?

Old 09-25-2012, 06:45 AM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Default I agree with your summation

Originally Posted by qwiketz
it sounds like they're just selling a mail order tune. I don't want to blast a forum sponsor, but for the money, they need to show us that it's worth it since we're all pretty sceptical. Several people have made promises but we haven't seen anything. I've even offered my car up for several guys to take a look at it over the years.

For a few hundred dollars, we can get most of that hp with a intake tube, k&n and mufflers. In addition, my definition of "tuning" means getting the car on the dyno and making changes based on what you see rather than using a "canned" tune. The only people that I see interested in this type of thing are the guys that have already done the previously mentioned mods and are looking for more. Finally $1400 for 25hp on a 10k car doesn't seem like it's worth it to me, but that's just me. But then again when i want to go fast, I don't drive the jag....

Sorry if I'm jumping to conclusions prior to letting the OP respond to all of these things....
Everything in this life requires validation. To show one has completed a specific education curriculum, a certificate, diploma or degree confirming that is presented "As Proof". A before and after Dyno would be confirmation and serve the same purpose as a certificate, diploma or degree.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Maybe ask for a discount if you post before & after dynos as I suspect it'll result in further customers.

Quick Reply: ECU Tuning Group | Jaguar S Type R 4.2L Supercharged