Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Replaced

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Replaced

Hi All,

It's been almost a year since I last posted when I was looking for direction of engine replacement suppliers. After several months of going around and around on if I should replace the 4.0 or just dump the car I bit the bullet and found a fairly local shop (35miles from my house) to go over the car and advise me on locating an engine. Since I am here in Pittsburgh, PA, those in the Western PA area, if your looking for a good garage, good work and decent prices, check out Jim Boffo, Boffo Motors, in New Brighton, PA. We went over the on-line supplier options and some of the suppliers he works with directly and ended up going with a place called Coventry West. We located an engine with close to the same mileage as our car, 79K, and Jim did the installation. Turns out that before Coventry shipped the motor the replaced the timing chain and installed the updated tensioners etc.. The final result is the engine runs great and strong and Boffo Motors did an excellent job of installing and setup. Since it has been several months I felt I should update everyone as to what direction I took and how it worked out in case someone else is in the same position in the future.

While it was difficult to drop several $$$$ thousand dollars, my final decision was based on how confident I was in the condition of the rest of the car especially the trans and rear end as the body and interior are in great shape. I decided I did not want to incur car payments as I stroll down the road towards what I hope will be EARLY RETIREMENT. If I only get a few more years out of it I would still feel I got my monies worth out of the whole Jag experience. Just went through safety and emissions inspection without paying more than what was needed and worse case if we have to give the car up it will be much easier to trade in or sell outright now then when it was last year.

Thanks again for all the assist last year and helping me with the car.

Best Regards to all!

Bill

Old 03-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,551 Likes on 3,958 Posts

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear it was an expensive fix, though.