Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Face lift STR ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
^^Love the look of your STR. My 370Z was black however and I plan on never owning a black car again. They are terrible for people who are OCD about dirt, chips and scratches!

I owned a few dark colored cars.....Yes they are an EXTREME PITA to keep looking perfect......but if you do it right....it is not hard to mantain.....

Right now mine is a ghostly grey lookin with all the snow road salt......tomorrow will be another hand car wash detail

Name:  c1d0b66e.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  123.4 KB

Its my daily driver, and it is paid for so it is ok....

Last edited by Riski; 12-29-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
I have never seen a two tone Jaguar interior stateside. The red/black is way too flamboyant for my taste but I would love to have the Dove/Charcoal combo.

George
Here you go. I went and drove this one in June. God these cars are hard to sell.

http://www.motorcarsinc.com/used_jag...nfo.asp?ID=471

The following users liked this post:
androulakis (12-29-2010)
Old 12-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
Here you go. I went and drove this one in June. God these cars are hard to sell.

http://www.motorcarsinc.com/used_jag...nfo.asp?ID=471
That looks like a nice car and is the perfect color combo for me, BUT it seems about 3-4k overpriced, imho.

Why did you pass on it, was there anything I need to be aware of? Or was it just not that good a value?

I've never seen the silver dash stateside either, but hey, this just peaked my interest.

EDIT: It's also a Non-Nav 2005 which is superb, since I can do what I wish with it aftermarket audio wise!

George

Old 12-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member

I didn't want that many miles. He's negotiable on price. It's not as clean as the one I got but it's not that bad either. However, it's been smoked in so if you're a smoker no big deal. I just don't know if a smoker's car can ever be cleaned up.

The aluminum tends to get slight scratches and nicks but nothing god awful. The leather and carpet were decent.

It seemed extra quick to me so maybe it's been dialed in a bit better than most.

It's a sharp combo.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member

I didn't want that many miles. He's negotiable on price. It's not as clean as the one I got but it's not that bad either. However, it's been smoked in so if you're a smoker no big deal. I just don't know if a smoker's car can ever be cleaned up.

The aluminum tends to get slight scratches and nicks but nothing god awful. The leather and carpet were decent.

It seemed extra quick to me so maybe it's been dialed in a bit better than most.

It's a sharp combo.

The more I look at this car, the more I suspect it's a Euro Spec car that's made it's way to the states, possibly via Canada.

Certain things are leading me to this conclusion:

First, the aluminum trim and two toned interior.
Second, the standard radio AND the lack of alpine badges on the door panel speaker covers, as well as lack of separate tweeters by the door handles. Could this possibly be the only STR I have ever seen stateside with a base 4 speaker audio system?
Third, your comments about it's performance (although I think these were world cars emissions / tuning wise).

Unfortunately, (or fortunately in this case) I do smoke, although not much anymore. I'm sure that could be used as a negotiation tool as well.

More food for thought.

George

Old 12-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member

I looked at another one in Atlanta that had this two tone interior but with the wood. It wasn't quite clean enough for me but it did have every option on it except it was an 06 car and I wanted the Brembos. I saw at least half a dozen with the two tone interior but only one with the metal. You can order these pieces as parts and install them. OMG $ though.

The CarFax indicates it is a USA car.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I like the seats, kinda on the fence about the aluminum trim. I don't think i like it but can see how others may.

Looks like maybe it has what is considered the premium audio system from the X type?

Old 12-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by The Chris X
I like the seats, kinda on the fence about the aluminum trim. I don't think i like it but can see how others may.

Looks like maybe it has what is considered the premium audio system from the X type?
I agree with you, but if I get it, I might swap out the aluminum for something more custom (ideas dancing in head).

The S and x types share a head unit when they don't have nav, BUT with the alpine premium system, they usually have an alpine badge on the door speaker grille, and a separate tweeter mounted into a pod next to the door handle.

This seems like it has the standard crappy 4 speaker audio system like my 3.0 does, which I could care less about because it makes it SO much easier to rip it all out and do something decent in it.

George

Old 12-30-2010, 06:17 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

The more I look at this car, the more I suspect it's a Euro Spec car that's made it's way to the states, possibly via Canada.

First, the aluminum trim and two toned interior.
Second, the standard radio AND the lack of alpine badges on the door panel speaker covers, as well as lack of separate tweeters by the door handles. Could this possibly be the only STR I have ever seen stateside with a base 4 speaker audio system?
George
George, George, George...

Is your short term memory failing you?

Remember back when you / others were asking about the full chrome trim on a STR? I explained that it was a luxury package and went out and found listings for other cars for sale. In that same thread I found 3 cars, some v6 and some STR's with the aluminum "Sport Trim" package.
The sport interior trim was an option that was introduced in 2005 here in the US, along with the refresh. It is very rare and not many were ordered that way, but it was available...

So, here is a listing for a 2005 v6 with the nonR two tone interior and aluminum trim...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Here is an R with two tone seats and regular wood trim..

And another V6

I only searched in about the first 50 or so listings out of over 600...

So, they are out there...

Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Veteran Member

Probaly all were snuck in from Canada ...

The aluminum trim with the two tone interior looks the best on a STR IMHO. It just seems very fitting for such a car. Carbon fiber would work very well too.

Mine is nice just as it is though.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I agree with you, but if I get it, I might swap out the aluminum for something more custom (ideas dancing in head).

The S and x types share a head unit when they don't have nav, BUT with the alpine premium system, they usually have an alpine badge on the door speaker grille, and a separate tweeter mounted into a pod next to the door handle.

This seems like it has the standard crappy 4 speaker audio system like my 3.0 does, which I could care less about because it makes it SO much easier to rip it all out and do something decent in it.

George
I had that base audio system in my 2002 X type as well, and it is garbage. I yanked all the speakers out and replaced them and wired up a powered sub in the trunk. Sounded mucho better but nowhere near as good as the Nav-Alpine in my STR.

I wasn't sure if they carried over that Alpine badging on the S type non-nav systems if it was the X type premium and not the base - meaning there were 3 options on the S type? Or if they eliminated the door tweets and went with 2 or 3 way door speaker instead for the S.

Totally a wild guess, I just wouldn't think they would put the X base system in the S but maybe they did....and that's a shame!

Maybe you'll get a definitive answer when you go look at it - see if it has a factory amp.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

George
George,

A carbon fiber dash might work with the charcoal and grey interior. I tend to like the darker stained walnut look as well. Either one will likely require some custom work though.

Mike

Old 12-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Veteran Member

George
Let me know if you end up swapping out the aluminum trim in a car.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member

Let me know if you end up swapping out the aluminum trim in a car.
I emailed you, but would you be interested in it?

George

Old 12-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
George, George, George...

Is your short term memory failing you?

Remember back when you / others were asking about the full chrome trim on a STR? I explained that it was a luxury package and went out and found listings for other cars for sale. In that same thread I found 3 cars, some v6 and some STR's with the aluminum "Sport Trim" package.
The sport interior trim was an option that was introduced in 2005 here in the US, along with the refresh. It is very rare and not many were ordered that way, but it was available...

So, here is a listing for a 2005 v6 with the nonR two tone interior and aluminum trim...

Here is an R with two tone seats and regular wood trim..

And another V6

I only searched in about the first 50 or so listings out of over 600...

So, they are out there...
Gotcha... Yes my memory is failing me in my old age lol. I've still never seen another 05 STR with what appears to be the BASE stereo system, but I'm planning on going completely aftermarket with the audio / nav anyway.

EDIT: IT seems like the 2 tone interior either takes 2 different forms, OR changed with the model years. Some cars, like the STR that restirred up this debate, have different color center sections but the bolsters in black. Seems like a couple of the cars you posted, the bottom / sides / back of the seat are black, but the bolsters are the stock color. Hrrm.. More food for thought.

George

Last edited by androulakis; 12-30-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:32 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

EDIT: IT seems like the 2 tone interior either takes 2 different forms, OR changed with the model years. Some cars, like the STR that restirred up this debate, have different color center sections but the bolsters in black. Seems like a couple of the cars you posted, the bottom / sides / back of the seat are black, but the bolsters are the stock color. Hrrm.. More food for thought.

George
Nope actually simple....V6/V8 Sport "top half" two tone...STR "center section" two tone..

Old 12-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Nope actually simple....V6/V8 Sport "top half" two tone...STR "center section" two tone..
Ahhh... Gotcha. You're like the S-Type option master..

I'm really fond of the center section. The top half, not so much...

George

Old 12-31-2010, 04:54 AM
Veteran Member
Default The Snow Leopard?

Name:  c1d0b66e.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  123.4 KB

Old 12-31-2010, 02:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

cold ***** cat