S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fan on Full Constantly

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 03:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,535 Likes on 3,944 Posts

Could be worth your time to fix your install of JTIS - see the detailed threads for help.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:25 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure the install is fine, however if anyone has gotten it to work with a PPC computer, I'm all ears and eager to be educated. I can only download at work (thankfully there is no chance if my boss ever reading this) as I live in a remote part of Ontario (read excluded from drive clean!) high speed is a strange word out here. So I'm at the mercy and will be forever greatful to members like Gerald who are able to supply me with information. Luckily the system is straight forward and I can work out the discrepancys between the later models wiring. A few more checks and I'm sure it's going to point to the fan control module. Nothing else would permit a constant supply, I just have 2 wires to check coming from the ECM and I will have the whole circuit mapped in my head for future referance

Old 03-19-2013, 07:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,535 Likes on 3,944 Posts

Once you have it downloaded, the elec stuff is just PDF files. Most of the rest is (funny) text (*) so can be searched/read/whatever. Somewhat painful but kinda the price of not having a windoze system, sadly.

(*) SGML

The following users liked this post:
x.l.r.8 (03-19-2013)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:11 AM

I have it downloaded but cannot un-zip/un-rar them at work (user permission denyed) however I will probably have to buy one off ebay as it would still be cheaper. But enough of this mythical golden egg that everyone refers to, it will not solve my problems just aid to diagnose, however if I had thought about it, if I un-pulg the controller harness and leave the power from the 80 amp fuse connected and the ground the fan runs, effectively having zero voltage from the ECM, and zero voltage from the EMS. There is no way the fan could run with both the switched power and the PWM removed leaving the fault in the CFM, its seeing a signal even when no power through the signal wires. There is some sealant around the plug for the module and thought it was overkill for a connection away from most things but thought they were being over cautious, looking at pictures of the module it seems like someone thought there was an ingress of water to the module. I have to wait a few days to prove my theory and then I'll need to dig it out of the snow, but if I'm right then a new module will solve it. By saying I'm right, I of course mean Gerald (Six Rotors) for being on the money.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:53 PM

Fan control module it is. I'll try a quick clean up and replace the blown cap, but I think I'll get one on order just to be safe as it's a 5 minute swap out. I suspect it got water logged (still had water in it) when the hoses burst on the previous owner as it had to enter somewhere, either that or the water was sealed in when the mechanic decided to silicone the connector. I don't think this is a new problem as there was also sealent around the lid as well as the leads. Someone played with this before!!!. But at least it's found and I can get to start driving it real soon.

Attached Thumbnails Fan on Full Constantly-fancontroller.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (10-29-2013)