S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Forum's purpose.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The Forum's purpose.

It seems to me that within the last couple of weeks this and other Jaguar model postings have gotten way out of hand.
I know I'm not a moderator but I'm having trouble with how free many people are getting with the insults not to mention the blatent admissions of people skipping out on their bills and totalling putting the Jaguar name down bacause they are having a problem with their cars. When you buy one of these modern marvels of technology you should know before hand that they are not perfect and do require special knowledge and skills to maintain them.
Jag's have allways been this way!! That's why not everyone ownes one and "I" believe that is what makes them so special. I guess I would just like to see things get back to where we are helping each other and new members instead of people wasting space with "OVER THE TOP POSTING'S" and then the replies mostly just being aimed at the poster and not the problem's.
Just my thought's !

Can't we all just get along........ ISLAND ICE TEA?

Old 01-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: The Forum's purpose.

Long Island accepted and point well made, however we can't prevent Deuche bags from buying our cars but they generally don't last long with a Jag because they don't understand them. I'm not talking about being mechanically inclined either. I'm talking about the fact that our jags are like women. HIGH MAINTENANCE! It takes time to find the one for you, and once you do...it's not cheap to keep her.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think when you buy a used car be prepared to put 15% to 20% of the value into it for repairs.

JUst my figure.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Red Bull & Goose W/ Lime for me please , Thank god for Warrantys though and too bad I cant get one with the woman lol Remember high maintnance = high satisfaction

Old 01-18-2008, 02:23 AM

I believe that the best response to some of these postings is to not to respond at all. Especially the ones that need attention so bad that they respond to their own posts first with an " ANYONE?" like if we read it and had the answer we would just ignore it. It would really get the point across if a "0" stayed in the reply column for a few days. It's that impaitience that gets no cooperation from the dealers. Hey we all have problems with our cars and the dealer service sometimes but to demand that people help you, I don't think so!!
Very true about the warranty issue. I just got an extended warranty for mine to get me into 2010. My SE runs out in July.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: badmojo
Can't we all just get a long........ ISLAND ICE TEA?
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Touché, but make mine a mojito or margarita top shelf please, in my experience you’ll always a ‘few’ bad apples on every forum. In the past, I had been a member of a forum that got so out of hand I stopped visiting it, so I’m kind of used to the trolls and/or other forum members post a bunch of nonsense and I usually just ignore them. I try to stick to the old rule; if you have nothing good to say, don’t say anything at all.

I do agree there has been an influx of ‘irrelevant’ threads, but I find some of them rather entertaining, while others are quite annoying. I just skip those posts and thats that. Inspite of this I will still continue to frequent this forum, as long as I havemy S-type and I plan to keep it for a very, very, very long time.

I consider myself a car enthusiast and IMO the Jaguar is fine automobile. I know that it is not perfect, but then again, arguably no one car is. All cars have their strengths and weakness. I happen to think that the S-type is very well balanced machine. I’m partial to its looks, but that is purely subjective. I do a lot of research before buying any car and I did my home work with my Jag. So far, do I regret buying NO, would I buy again YES. [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 01-18-2008, 10:56 AM

Maybe being breastfed for too long is not allways a good idea!

Old 01-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Received 86 Likes on 54 Posts

I would just like to add something.
I enjoy helping people as I am sure Jag Genius and JHE2003 do also. We do this for a living to make money. We also do this for free here to help people out.
I would appreciate people posting tech help question in the tech help forum so I do not have to hunt all over the place to solve issues.
Just thought I would put that out there.