Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Brembo Video...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Front Brembo Video...

Well after finally getting around to editing it I have the first of the brake videos. These are for part 1 and part 2 for doing the fronts. I still have to shoot the resetting of the EPB for the rear video then I will try and get that up sometime in the next week. But for now I have the front brake video up.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF0IF_nrVio
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ0GMVDOtkI
Hope this helps some people out that are needing front pads or rotors. Also I dont believe I covered it in the video but before installing your new rotor you are gonna want to spray it down with some brake parts cleaner to get any sort of coating off that was applied for storage and shipping purposes so make sure you do this before installing the rotor.

The following 4 users liked this post by vance580:
Dimension247 (04-12-2011), JimC64 (01-14-2011), mystype04 (01-14-2011), Pushing_Tin (01-14-2011)
Old 01-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Awesome, I still need to order the rotors but need to buy some jack stands any way. While the wheels are off they are going to be powdercoated. Did you do anything with your bearing while you had the rotors off? Is the rear a PITA with the e-brake setup?

Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Awesome, I still need to order the rotors but need to buy some jack stands any way. While the wheels are off they are going to be powdercoated. Did you do anything with your bearing while you had the rotors off? Is the rear a PITA with the e-brake setup?
Did nothing with the bearing. The bearing is a sealed unit within the hub so if you are in need of new ones you would buy the whole hub assembly which would only be four more bolts passed the point the video takes you. I dont have any bearing problems so there was no need to touch them.
The rear is pretty much the same except for the E brake you have to tackle the E brake caliper a little different but not any harder then the front just more steps. Also you have to recalibrate the E brake which is what I still need to film since I was trying to figure it out I didnt have my camera rolling so gonna try and replicate it this weekend and film it. Then I can finish the editing and upload it. I try to keep them in HD so the quality isnt grainy and people can actually see what is going on which is why it takes so long to upload. 720p is a little faster so I upload it at that instead of 1080p which is what I shoot them in.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Vance580

you rock dude... love your video clips on you tube... so far i have learned how to fix the droopy headlight.. the fuel pump.. and in the near future it will be the brake...

BTW where did you purchase the rotors?

thanks for the clip once again...

Old 01-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kapitan1975
BTW where did you purchase the rotors?

http://brakeperformance.com/

Old 01-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member

Exactly.
Once I get the taxes done I'll get one up of replacing the spark plugs.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vance580
Well after finally getting around to editing it I have the first of the brake videos. These are for part 1 and part 2 for doing the fronts. I still have to shoot the resetting of the EPB for the rear video then I will try and get that up sometime in the next week. But for now I have the front brake video up.
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF0IF_nrVio
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ0GMVDOtkI
Hope this helps some people out that are needing front pads or rotors. Also I dont believe I covered it in the video but before installing your new rotor you are gonna want to spray it down with some brake parts cleaner to get any sort of coating off that was applied for storage and shipping purposes so make sure you do this before installing the rotor.
You are the MAN, ummm literlly lol. thanks for the video.
was wondering if its different since I have a 07' STR but that year they dont come with Brembos but they equal to brembos (as told at the dealer)

Old 01-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  19.3 KB

Vance....lovin the vids you take the time and trouble to make for this site.....thanks so much, they absolutely rock!!!

If I could make a couple of points that may be useful?
When you are pushing the pistons back in, isn't it a good idea to generally loosen / remove the cap from the brake fluid reservoir? I could be wrong!

Also copper grease on the back of the pads to help eliminate brake pad squeal.

Once again, Kudos to you my friend for these and other video postings

Old 01-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JimC64

Vance....lovin the vids you take the time and trouble to make for this site.....thanks so much, they absolutely rock!!!

When you are pushing the pistons back in, isn't it a good idea to generally loosen / remove the cap from the brake fluid reservoir? I could be wrong!

Also copper grease on the back of the pads to help eliminate brake pad squeal.

Once again, Kudos to you my friend for these and other video postings
Good point on the removing the cap from the brake fluid reservoir thats what I do. I forgot to add that in the video. Its also a good idea to put a rag under where the fluid will come out when its full as brake fluid will mess up anything painted that it drips on. Also you want to check the fluid after you pump them and get the brakes tight again and after you bed in your pads. If you are over filled you can use a turkey baster to get it to the max line and then just check your fluid every few fill ups which is what I do. It was a little hard remembering what I had shot with this one since it was shot over the whole day since I had to break shooting for the painting. You can do the copper grease I never have problems with brake squeak so I never do it so thats a personal preference. Also when I did this I only changed the rotors so the pads were reused since there was nothing wrong with them. I had a warped rotor which is why I only did the rotors.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Glockjag
You are the MAN, ummm literlly lol. thanks for the video.
was wondering if its different since I have a 07' STR but that year they dont come with Brembos but they equal to brembos (as told at the dealer)
This difference with the 06+ STR is that you will have to push in the caliper and mount the pads before remounting the caliper. The Brembos are setup that the caliper doesnt have to be removed to get the pads out where the standard setup with the 06+ you will have to remove the calipers when switching out the pads. You also probably wont be able to use just a socket wrench to push in the caliper you will probably want to get a good C-clamp to help you out.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:10 PM

Brake Performance sucks. I wasted my time placing an order for front and rear rotors only to receive a call today telling me that they are on backorder until mid-February. Where else should I look?

Old 01-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member

Brake Performance sucks. I wasted my time placing an order for front and rear rotors only to receive a call today telling me that they are on backorder until mid-February. Where else should I look?
Dang sorry to hear about that. Are they out of every rotor for the STR cause they have stocks, cross drilled, cross drilled and slotted. This place has some also. Never ordered from them so not sure how they are or if they are gonna be the right size.
http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/...f4ca93d6946aa6

Old 01-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Received 2,266 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by JimC64

AFAIK, there's no need to loosen or remove the cap- it's vented. Removing will just provide an opportunity for dirt to enter .

Old 01-18-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by vance580
Dang sorry to hear about that. Are they out of every rotor for the STR cause they have stocks, cross drilled, cross drilled and slotted. This place has some also. Never ordered from them so not sure how they are or if they are gonna be the right size.
http://store.zeckhausen.com/catalog/...f4ca93d6946aa6
LOL, that's what I asked, but guess what? They are all the same blanks, just machined differently!

BTW, what is the size in mm for our front and rear STRs?

Last edited by Pushing_Tin; 01-18-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:05 PM

Still searching for new rotors. I came across these just now, WTF? Frozen rotors?

http://eurotoysltd.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=208

Jaguar S-Type R Frozen Brake Rotors Brembo 03-05. Frozen Rotors? by Diversified Cryogenics, Inc for your Jaguar S-Type R with the Brembo brake option. The name says it all. Frozen Rotors freezes brake rotors...rock solid. Rotors are frozen at 300 degrees below zero using a deep cryogenic process that permanently changes the atomic structure of the rotor. This proprietary, 60-hour cryogenic process permanently and dramatically improves the usage life and stability of brake rotors to create a distinct advantage in tensile strength, abrasive wear-resistance and rotor longevity. As a result, frozen rotors deliver increased performance and a higher level of safety while significantly reducing braking system costs.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:53 PM

Still searching for new rotors. I came across these just now, WTF? Frozen rotors?

http://eurotoysltd.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=208

you might want to try ebay.

i have a link that might help you.. not sure the quality.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EBC-G...Q5fAccessories

Old 01-18-2011, 08:59 PM

you might want to try ebay.

i have a link that might help you.. not sure the quality.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EBC-G...Q5fAccessories

Yeah I saw those, but I'm 95% sure those actually don't fit an R model. According to the notes they are less than 13" and the R brakes are 14".

Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 PM

Yeah I saw those, but I'm 95% sure those actually don't fit an R model. According to the notes they are less than 13" and the R brakes are 14".

what about this..
i set up the EBC front brakes

https://redhat8.admarkonline.com/~pl...05%26avail%3D1

Old 01-18-2011, 11:31 PM

what about this..
i set up the EBC front brakes

https://redhat8.admarkonline.com/~pl...05%26avail%3D1

It didn't work for me, but looking through there, there wasn't any brake rotor larger than 12.6" listed. I'm fairly certain that EBC does not make a rotor to fit the Brembo set up.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vance580
Your great, I've done a lot of brake jobs on cars and your video was right on. Now I know what to do about the pins that hold the pads.

Quick Reply: Front Brembo Video...