S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front and rear heated windows acting odd

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Received 133 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Front and rear heated windows acting odd

Another little issue I just noticed now that I'm heading into winter. I noticed that now my front heated screen doesn't shut off after the 4 min like it used to last winter, it now stays on for as long as the rear (10 min). After that, everything shuts off fine. The other issue is that now they both don't come on automatically when the temp is 5C or below like it used to last winter. What it does now is seem to only recognize the last known temp when the car was shut off last. Basically, if it was say -5C when the car was last turned off, when it is turned on next time, they will automatically come on, even if it is currently 10C outside (did that today, parked this morning at -2C, started at lunch at 11C and they came on). Same if I last parked at say 10C, started again at -2C but they don't turn on. Don't really know what is going on. Everything worked fine last winter, and the only thing that has changed is that I had the car in for some programming about 2 months ago to try and fix a communication issue between voice and phone modules. At this time, the only thing the dealer did is tell the car that it had nav now (I had retrofitted it). I don't know if this is related, and if I should go to them and mention it. Or if I should first just try the battery disconnect and see what happens. It's not really a big issue, since it's so cold in the winter that I have to keep the heated front screen on for a good 15 to 20 min anyway, and the rear is working fine. Also, once it's into winter, it's always cold so they will come on anyway. It's just this time of year when it's an issue and I can turn it on myself for the few times I need to. I guess I'm just getting spoiled with all these auto features! Basically, just wondering if it is something I should be worrying about.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

I wouldn't be too concerned. I would ask the dealer if there are settings that may have been changed. From what I understand there are a bunch of settings that can only be manipulated with IDS at the dealer. They may have reset something that cleared those settings. I notice the same thing when it comes to outside temperature as well. If it was real cold when I got to work in the morning then warms up, the defrost still kicks on when I start it, then it kicks off a few minutes later. So, that part may be normal.

Hope this helps...