S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ّFunny Over Heating for my S type Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 03:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,551 Likes on 3,958 Posts

+1 and yes OAT (orange / vaguely pink) coolant

The following users liked this post:
Payam (08-28-2014)
Old 08-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Received 168 Likes on 131 Posts
Default But Are we making progress!

Originally Posted by Payam
Hi, today I opened the thermostat again to see how is it? it is OK! picture are attached.

Also today I removed the auxiliary water pump from the car. then I drove about 30 minutes, didn't get any over heat yet but pressure in side water hoses seems very high even if I let the engine to cool down still pressure stays high.
Payam,

Did you bypass the aux pump, link it out with a hose/pipe?

This is a side issue, your Jaguar is/was overheating.

It is not rocket science, the water pump has to circulate water around the engine and the temperature is controlled by the thermostat. This water is then cooled by the radiator.

Now you seem to have replaced/checked most of the the big bits so it must be something else.

I have attached the cooling diagrams, check your one for the 4.2 and go through it.

From some of your posts it sounds like the radiator is not getting a flow some of the time.

I would start again and go through the basics.

Are you getting a flow of water through the inlet hose and the outlet hose of the radiator.

Remove these and blow through each way.

Blow through the radiator both ways with the hoses removed, is it clear.

Is the water pump pumping? turn it by hand with the hoses removed.

Is the thermostat sticking? are there shinny marks on the barrel?

You would appear to have a restricted flow of coolant. Go through page 9 and prove you have a flow through the pipe work.

What we have to find out is Where and How.

Sludge, rubbish in the pipe work blockage, mechanical defect, and sort it.

If not your going to have one dead cat on your hands.

RSPCTJ Hon. Member

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
The following users liked this post:
Payam (08-28-2014)
Old 08-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abonano
To add my $0.02 here (not that this would be the cause of your issue) but doesn't this MY call for OAT coolant?

+2 on thermostat assembly. Also, check thermostat for proper operation. Finally, did you properly bleed the cooling system and what type of water pump did you use to replace? OEM or aftermarket.
Thanks I didn't use the OEM water pump but the original water pump was OK didn't need to be changed.

But I removed the Auxiliary water pump from the system completely. now the car is running much better. I just got over hit only once since past few days.to day I drove about 100 kilometres without over hit.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you every body for your attention.

a few days ago I removed the Auxiliary water pump from the system completely. now the car is running much better. I just got over hit only once since past few days.to day I drove about 100 kilometres without over hit. I will check it more.

But now another problem is coming up. when I am driving, till 50k speed its fine but higher then that if I push the gas pedal the engine jerks and and doesn't accelerate smoothly looks like sensor problem!!!!

any Idea?

Thanks

Old 08-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Received 168 Likes on 131 Posts
Default RIP.... Big cat,............. Sad really!

a few days ago I removed the Auxiliary water pump from the system completely. now the car is running much better. I just got over hit only once since past few days.to day I drove about 100 kilometres without over hit. I will check it more.

But now another problem is coming up. when I am driving, till 50k speed its fine but higher then that if I push the gas pedal the engine jerks and and doesn't accelerate smoothly looks like sensor problem!!!!

any Idea?

Thanks
Over the past year there has been a steady trickle, of dead cats,

4.2ltr 2004/05 mostly.

In them there parts.

Various overheating issues mostly going for scrap value, nice bodies, 155/180K Km but usually miles away from me.

I used to wonder how they managed to get into such a state?

Now we know!

RIP

Old 08-28-2014, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,551 Likes on 3,958 Posts

any Idea?

Thanks
Something wrong, like pump was wired backwards. It needs fixing.

Other fault may be misfires. Stop making it happen or expect a huge cost for new cats.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:30 AM
Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Resolutions to problems with my 2005 STR

Here are two resolutions to problems with my 2005 STR that hopefully shed some light on your problems:

Overheating Problems
A) I accidentally installed a low temperature thermostat backwards and engine coolant did not flow as needed to maintain proper temperature. The coolant temperature would rise when sitting in traffic but was fine when moving.
B) Had to replace radiator fan due as the wires (near DCCV) getting chaffed and shorted.

Engine Misfires & Engine Bucking
Inconsistent (random) engine misfires were due to a clogged catalytic converter.