Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess whats different....

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Guess whats different....

Did some cleaning up on the STR today. Decided to try a different look. See if you can guess what I did different.
Before:

After:

Old 05-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Dang! That tint just "Does It" dude. Yer cat just looks sexy and mean vance. She really is coming out nice. I'm gunna look back again and think if I should do this? I'm such a scardy cat when it come to tint. I'm afraid I won't be able to look out of it and see the road. Does the tint impair your vision?

Old 05-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the comments Seth. It depends on how dark it is. It doesn't impair it if I'm driving around and there are street lights. But if its a country area you aren't seeing anything behind you unless it has headlights. It does cut down on being blinded though by people shining high beams big trucks etc. We'll have to go for a ride at the meet and you can see how dark it is. You could always go lighter. Mines 20%. A friend of mine had 5% and I hated it. I could barely see out the side windows. I think 20 is like the minimum I would go.

Tint is not what I changed also. Here is another pic if anyone wants to guess.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member

Alright I'll go ahead and give it away. I removed the R badges on the side and replaced them with this. What do you guys think?? I'm really digging it. Its making it look even darker and meaner.

Parting Butt shot:

Last edited by vance580; 05-07-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I like the badge better but the sticker looks nice as well. I wish someone made the badge in black and silver!!!

I did 20% as well and like it. I had 15% on the last car and it looked a lot darker but still drove well. 5% is a pain at night but it looks so good during the day!!

Old 05-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Cool, how hard was it to remove the old badges?

Old 05-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

LOlz.....I was going to say you got your Front bumper re-painted , thats what I see different. But those new "R" stickers are not bad, I guess I'm too use to seeing the chrome badges on the STR's which I might add were a good compliment to your chrome wheels amigo, but hey long as you like em' thats all it matters

Take it easy.

The following users liked this post:
bfsgross (05-07-2011)
Old 05-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin
Cool, how hard was it to remove the old badges?
Dental floss and goo gone and its like they were never there. Took about 15-20 minutes to get all the sticky stuff off.

I wish they sold a badge like this I would of went that route. These are vinyls so if I dont like them can remove and go back to the stock ones again. I like the chrome but I wanted these to be dark and suttle. I will always keep the rims stock. I think I'm done with blacking out stuff. Was thinking about a black chrome leaper like Glockjag but with these badges I think I'm going to leave it chrome. Next 2 items on my list will be lowering springs and finally an exhaust. Will have to wait till after the meet so I have money for that. Cant wait to graduate and them pay this bad boy off so I can have some play money to really jump into stuff. Once again these were provided by my friend in the vinyl business so didnt cost me anything to try out.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member

Vance, you de-ambered too! I like the stock badges. Jealous of your wheels but remain to maintain somewhat stock appearance. I'm def. not parking my STR next to yours in June.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Vance, I'm getting you a Mina 1.5 pulley for a graduation gift. Though the Mina 1.5 was too soft thus mangled during removal for placing the 3 lb. Eurotoys, I'd still recommend it over the steel Eurotoys unit. Let me know when your close to graduation and it's yours.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jag79
LOlz.....I was going to say you got your Front bumper re-painted , thats what I see different. But those new "R" stickers are not bad, I guess I'm too use to seeing the chrome badges on the STR's which I might add were a good compliment to your chrome wheels amigo, but hey long as you like em' thats all it matters

Take it easy.
I did have to stare at it a while to get used to it cause you are right you get used to seeing the chrome it kinda looks weird at first. I wish I got the front end repainted it needs it bad. When the sun goes down though it hides in the shadow pretty good. That will also have to wait till after the meet next month. I've been talking to a guy I know who works at the Jaguar dealership near me who may have the paint guy bring it in as a side project. Gotta get with him cause I can do bodywork so I may get it and my rocker panels and one mirror cap and do all the prep work and prime then just have him do the paint and clear and hopefully will save me some dough. I have everything to do the prepping but dont have the ability to blend and make it match. Not that good yet.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

Got about 3.5 years before graduation. LOL. But I can wait. I'm actually hoping a killer chiller will be developed by then so I can go to the 3lb. I did just finish my first semester after graduating high school 12 years ago and have started my college career with a 4.0. I'm completely shocked. Really didn't think I would of picked up school as well as I have. Just going to keep at it and stay going for my goals. Maybe I'll do a LSD for the S type as my senoir project when I get to that point. LOL. Can benefit my grade and my STR.

I deambered just before I did my brakes. When I was still looking at moving to Florida. Now I have to find an inspection station that will look the other way when its due otherwise I'm going to have to get an inspection set.

Last edited by vance580; 05-07-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

My painter came over today and is taking her next week for a complete front bumper re-paint. I showed him the road rashed wheels and asked him if he could cure them too, along with a bunch of paint touch-up. Vance, you'll love the H&R Sport lowering springs. Like me, you may need to consider aftermarket struts.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member

Vance, 4.0? Dang boy! You have more noggin than ya admit. You'll not have to wait till graduation for the pulley. Give me a little time and it will be sent to you in a few weeks or so.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bfsgross
Vance, 4.0? Dang boy! You have more noggin than ya admit. You'll not have to wait till graduation for the pulley. Give me a little time and it will be sent to you in a few weeks or so.
I had just squeezed it to a 4.0 too. I had a B+ in my English class till the final and just got it into the A range. I also took 16 credit hours which made it rough at times but being able to use time management from my military days definitly paid off. Thanks Seth for your offer. I definitly owe you some beers come June. Hopefully this summer I can get those Magnaflows put on now that I'm not so busy I can get it to my friends place so we can work on welding them up.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by bfsgross
Vance, you de-ambered too! I like the stock badges. Jealous of your wheels but remain to maintain somewhat stock appearance. I'm def. not parking my STR next to yours in June.
since we both have silver STR's, we can park together. Only thing i did to mine recently other than the EPB, is i added some LED strips on the front. I am checking them out for a new company.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by phd12volt
since we both have silver STR's, we can park together. Only thing i did to mine recently other than the EPB, is i added some LED strips on the front. I am checking them out for a new company.
Cool, Mina Gallery was suppose to release a plug and play LED strip for our 03-04 STR's this year. It goes into that small opening vent just below the fog lights.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by phd12volt
I cant wait for the meet. It will be awesome to get a group S type pic of everyone that goes S types all lined up. We can do all S types, then a regular S type then a STR pic. Should be a good time.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Veteran Member

phdvolt, Can ya post a pic of the LED strip on while dark? Yep, come June it'll be real interesting for all to put faces to the dudes here.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

were giving out performance mods for good grades now?? Gosh i love this forum.!! lol

Vance.. your car really does look great.. where did you get those blacked out sidemarkers?? are they aftermarket or just tinted?

Quick Reply: Guess whats different....