Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a big "fail" in the STR yesterday...boned bad on this one

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chris X
LOL - i think i get it. I'd come visit but of course I'd need to rent a locker at the state line to.... uh.... leave some items behind since PA and NJ do not have any reciprocity in that regard.

I've been to some of the southern parts of the State and thought it was quite nice, but actually living there is another matter. I accidentally tip-toed in last week by straying across the bridge in Philly to Camden. Whoops.
Yeah I'd leave certain items behind....

Speaking of that I have VA and FL non-resident permits. In theory they are both valid in PA, but I wonder how that works practically. Any Idea?

Take care,

George

Old 05-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

You might want to avoid Miami too if Louis Theroux is accurate.

BBC News - Louis Theroux goes to the Miami mega-jail

"A few days into my stay I arrived at the jail to find there had been a fight on the sixth floor - a man had been badly beaten by several of his cellmates. I visited the cell and was told by several inmates that the victim had been testifying on other people's cases. "Snitches get stitches," one said.
I tracked down the victim, who'd just arrived back from the clinic, his eyes swollen shut, looking as though he'd just gone 10 rounds with Vitali Klitschko. He said his cellmates had taken it in turns to fight him, one after another, six or seven in a row - a practice called "line-up".
Gingerly, I raised the possibility that he might have aroused the ire of his compadres by co-operating with the state on his case, maybe against his co-defendants? He said the idea was absurd - he'd been arrested for driving with a suspended licence."

Old 05-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got clocked doing 120 in a 70 going toward memphis I took the trooper on a good run for a good 3/4 miles before he stopped me he was on the opposite side of the road and yes all he seen was a platinum cat running down the highway lol

Old 05-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
Yeah I'd leave certain items behind....

Speaking of that I have VA and FL non-resident permits. In theory they are both valid in PA, but I wonder how that works practically. Any Idea?

Take care,

George
You are solid in PA George - active reciprocity with both of those states and no "visitor" permit or anything required. There has been talk of a new law to eliminate the "Florida Loophole" since FL will issue a permit even to those who have had a permit revoked in another state. That law hasn't been out of committee that I know of.

Whenever I travel, I go here first to check: Pennsylvania's Firearm/Gun Carry Permit/License Reciprocity

Old 05-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

You are solid in PA George - active reciprocity with both of those states and no "visitor" permit or anything required. There has been talk of a new law to eliminate the "Florida Loophole" since FL will issue a permit even to those who have had a permit revoked in another state. That law hasn't been out of committee that I know of.

Whenever I travel, I go here first to check: Pennsylvania's Firearm/Gun Carry Permit/License Reciprocity
Thanks,

I know im "legally" covered, but I'm wondering how well informed the PA LEO's are about this, and if one who wasn't "in the know" would ruin my day and cause all sorts of drama, only to let a judge sort it out later.

Maybe I just have the "People's Republic of NJ" Mentality stuck in my head.

Take care,

George

Old 06-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Any updates??

Old 06-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to drive at crazy speeds when I was a kid, since they came out with our 50 over law I have been taking it easy. It carries a vehicle tow and impound as well as a large fine and a 2 year suspension. My business is a one hour drive so I can't afford to loose my license. A couple of years ago I accelerated a bit fast on the ramp to the highway. By the time I reached my desired lane I was doing 145km in a 100km zone. It was at night and I notice a set of lights approach me very quickly from behind, it was very soon after they became very colorful The officer asked me if I had been drinking or if I had been doing any drugs. He then asked me If I would mind if a canine unit was called to sniff out my vehicle. I told him I had nothing to hide, he took my papers to his car and let me cook for a while. When he returned he told me that everything was fine then smiled, winked and told me to slow down a bit.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a jamming system in all my cars.... I had a few close calls in my M3 going 130+ but they where not able to get a good clock so I was able to get it all drop't in court...

Old 06-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

My court date isnt until middle of july, so im not sure. I'll let you know if im heading to the slammer.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

You're not going anywhere bad ZO6. You're attorney will find an angle on the cops supporting deposition, his memory after 6 plus months, speed monitoring device, and work out a plea deal with the prosecutor...you'll have a much more favorable outcome than you had imagined. Last week my sister (attorney) had the 108 in a 55 reduced to "Failure to obey a traffic device"...2 points, $80 fine with an $85 NYS mandatory surcharge= $165. All will be well bro.

Last edited by bfsgross; 06-13-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Z06
My court date isnt until middle of july, so im not sure. I'll let you know if im heading to the slammer.
Unless you're a chronic offender I doubt you'll be going to jail. Keep us posted!

Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by bfsgross
You're not going anywhere bad ZO6. You're attorney will find an angle on the cops supporting deposition and you'll have a much more favorable outcome than you had imagined. Last week my sister (aatorney) had the 108 in a 55 reduced to "Failure to obey a traffic device"...2 points, $80 fine with an $85 NYS mandatory surcharge= $165. All will be well.
Yeah but now your REALLY OWE your sister. I hope that's OK :>)

If I were her I'd rib you for at least the next 10 years ...

The following users liked this post:
bfsgross (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Def. owe my sis Bob. She knew the prosecutor well, working it out by phone with no appearance. I'll show up at her son's bar-mitzvah Saturday with a little something extra in the envelope...her favorite...weed.

Last edited by bfsgross; 06-14-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I'll show up at her son's bar-mitzvah with a little something extra in the envelope...her favortite...weed.
From BC?

Old 06-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member
Default BC

Ya sure SeaRanch...If ya can get the parts through customs?

Last edited by bfsgross; 06-14-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member

I'll show up at her son's bar-mitzvah with a little something extra in the envelope...her favortite...weed.
I just blew Vitamin Water out my nose you *******!

LOL!!

The following users liked this post:
bfsgross (06-14-2011)
Old 06-14-2011, 06:24 AM
Veteran Member

LOL! "True Story" Chris.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Fl dose require a certifaction course and also if you were revoked fir any criminal reason Resulting in a felony or forceable MM you won't pass the backgroud. I have my ga and the fl since sc won't accept the ga and I have a place there as well.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member

^ good to know. I don't remember all the specifics but there was a problem in this state with people who had the PA permit revoked turning around and getting one from FL.

I checked SC since it doesn't have reciprocity with PA and I'll be there next month - can't CC but you can have it loaded in the glove box or console of your vehicle. Good enough for a short trip.

The only state that I can't find a safe way to legally carry or even transport is Maryland - so I usually go around the whole fricking state.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Yea SC also requires a qualification course so they don't recp to many states. Luckily I have my fl so I am good. As for MD I know one way around the transoport issue. I own class III weponds and the ATF transport paper work superseeds state law a little loophole.

Quick Reply: Had a big "fail" in the STR yesterday...boned bad on this one