S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a big "fail" in the STR yesterday...boned bad on this one

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

qwikcat, ya have class three weapons eh? Can ya send me up some fourth of July fireworks for my kids?

Old 06-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Yea cars, guns, watches and girls have always been things. Now I am married so I have more money for the other stuff since I am not wasting it all on the girls

I was working the blade show in atl all weekend so added some nice toys to the collection

Old 06-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member

Very cool. Years ago I used to keep a Rambo survival knife under the seat of my ex-police 1979 lifted Chevrolet Suburban...until i was advized this wouldn't be cool if a cop took a peek around.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:49 AM

That's why I live where I do. I could not live in some of the states that look over the rights of the people. Most ga/fl/sc/al cops are great. I don't have to explain ATF law to them as it's so common here it's expected. In Kennesaw GA every head of hosehold is required to own a gun unless they are a felon

Old 06-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member

I remember that! When I lived in Smyna Georgia we heard Kennesaw residents were required to own a hand gun. I believe this was a very old law but managed to survive to this day.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by qikcat
Yea SC also requires a qualification course so they don't recp to many states. Luckily I have my fl so I am good. As for MD I know one way around the transoport issue. I own class III weponds and the ATF transport paper work superseeds state law a little loophole.
Well I'd hoped I'd be ok under FOPA but MD would throw you in the clink and then you could try to use it as your defense later on. No thanks.

Consider me jealous over your Class III/ATF!!!

YOU NEED to come to a meet one of these days so we can shoot the bull (heh) on this subject all day long!!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by bfsgross
I remember that! When I lived in Smyna Georgia we heard Kennesaw residents were required to own a hand gun. I believe this was a very old law but managed to survive to this day.
Its actually fairly new in the mid 80s maybe? They did it in response to I think it was NY city's handgun ban. Its of course not enforced but keeps the crime rate beyond low LOL!

Originally Posted by The Chris X
Well I'd hoped I'd be ok under FOPA but MD would throw you in the clink and then you could try to use it as your defense later on. No thanks.

Consider me jealous over your Class III/ATF!!!

YOU NEED to come to a meet one of these days so we can shoot the bull (heh) on this subject all day long!!
No state will mess with the ATF transport paper work now and I have my agents number and a 24hour BATF number on speed dial! A few departments have tried to do the "well we will let the judge sort it out" thing and had huge false imprisonment and negligence charges filed. If you have no class III in your state your boned on that loop hole unfortunately. You also must file the transport paper work per trip although some people put in quarterly dates and get away with it. Also if transporting through a non compliant area you must have a destination where it would be legal. Its a way to do it though, just like I fly with firearms a lot and its nice since your bags are inspected and locked by you. Keeps the theft down when tampering with a marked GUN bag has the result of years in a fed pen!

I would love to make a meet. My travel and work makes it hard to but if anything even remotly close comes up and I am off I am there! If its in the southern US I will bring some toys

The following users liked this post:
The Chris X (06-15-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Veteran Member

I have a NY full carry permit. Gave my pee shooter (9 mm "Witness") to my big bro when I left NY for NC. It gave my wife the *******, the kids were too curious, and the ranges dried up, so I put the whole subject on the back burner.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I saw a few people mention PA. When I was 19 I was travelling through PA on I-80, doing about 100. After several miles, the guy who had been riding my tail for about 20 minutes pulls along side of me, flashes a light at me and tells me to pull over. The whole time I thought it was just some random guy who wanted to go fast too, nobody ever told me PA has unmarked police cars.... The cop *attempted* to write me a ticket but was apparently out of paper tickets. So he made me turn around and drive in the opposite and follow him to the station so he could write me a ticket. I'm still not sure if he was allowed to do that.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Tickets

That is a strange story, let us know the answer when you find out.
What was the posted speed at that time?

Originally Posted by phaelax
I saw a few people mention PA. When I was 19 I was travelling through PA on I-80, doing about 100. After several miles, the guy who had been riding my tail for about 20 minutes pulls along side of me, flashes a light at me and tells me to pull over. The whole time I thought it was just some random guy who wanted to go fast too, nobody ever told me PA has unmarked police cars.... The cop *attempted* to write me a ticket but was apparently out of paper tickets. So he made me turn around and drive in the opposite and follow him to the station so he could write me a ticket. I'm still not sure if he was allowed to do that.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member

I'm not an attorney but I "believe" you could have the ticket dismissed due to the cops failure to properly execute the citation according to departmental procedures. Delay the trial as long as possible. Then if the cop show up in court you or your lawyer can grill him as to his point of "view" at the time he wrote the ticket. If he says he was at a location other than the station, then you can refresh his memory. The judge now frowns upon the cop for his lapse of memory, thus inadequate abilities to properly prosecute the arrest...tossed.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bfsgross
I have a NY full carry permit.
What county do you live in? Don't think about bringing that into NYC.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Veteran Member

10-4 on that Chris. I def. know I can't carry into NYC...besides, I'd need an uzi to just keep up with the lead thrown by the hardware of the scum of the city.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member

If you can do 100 on the PA stretch of I-80, you shouldn't get a ticket, you should get a medal of bravery. That road surface is horrible and wheel swallowing potholes abound.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

you should get a medal of bravery. That road surface is horrible and wheel swallowing potholes abound.
yea I know what you mean. I was coming back from Pocono, but I was only about half an hour from Ohio. The road isn't nearly as bad over this way. But I can't do anything about it now, as I said I was 19 at the time so it's been nearly a decade.

But as for the other issue I mentioned (the recent DUS in shelby), I got a letter from the DMV today stating that added 6pts to my license so now I'm getting a suspension warning. FML. I was only a month away from my previous points dropping off completely and now this. I just can't get a break. At this rate, I'll be 40 and still paying insurance like a 16yr old.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Veteran Member

yea I know what you mean. I was coming back from Pocono, but I was only about half an hour from Ohio. The road isn't nearly as bad over this way.
I grew up about where you are referencing, right on the PA/OH line. You probably got pinched by someone at the Mercer barracks. They are known as an aggressive bunch at that station - helicopters, unmarked hi performance cars, etc. With I-79 and I-80 criss crossing there, it is a busy drug running zone.

80 has gotten better in the last decade in W. PA. Until this winter. I am on that stretch you reference 2 weekends a month and the middle seam is full of small ponds. Hey, at least they didn't make it a toll road.