S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have the exhaust like I want it now :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm going all 2.5" Wednesday. Will post up a video weather permitting - it's been raining all week here.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by bfsgross
LOL! You're on qwikcat. My ride won't qaulify for a 2.5" pipe dyno due to other mods but yas that are stock are fair game.
I will be where your at in a month or two. I have my 3# pulley sitting In my mod pile, have the coolmist stage 2 alky inj kit with a few fabed peices in the pile and the low temp stat, and just put the K&N in the car, exhaust will be done next week, just waiting on the mafioso pipe when he is ready and time to get it done.

I am pulling the blower after I am done with the boltons and enjoy it for a bit for the port. I have been working on it with a blower guy it's my secret wepond that I think will be a pretty good pickup for the little 112. That or I will need a new blower when it's all done LOL!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:20 PM

Almost forgot also have a little 75hp wet spray In the pile to. For those special times when you want to get kicked off the track for no cage

Old 05-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

qwikcat, before modding her, can ya dyno her with 2.25" pipe then with 2.50" pipe? This may help forum members doing builds make decisions for particular stategies.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:10 PM

I can throw it on the dyno first of next week just to see what it dose. I don't plan on going with 2.5 even after mods unless I see that the 2.25 is restrictive.

The following users liked this post:
jag79 (05-18-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Thanks. I understand.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by qikcat
Almost forgot also have a little 75hp wet spray In the pile to. For those special times when you want to get kicked off the track for no cage
I've been waiting for someone to mildly spray an STR. I'm assuming you're going to have it electronically controlled with an RPM window? Your little pile of toys sounds like's it's gonna be fun...

My problem is you get addicted to the spray and you end up spraying it on the highway on street tires - Ever had the tires break loose @ 70 mph? I wasn't expecting it and seriously needed to change my underwear when it happened.

Damn that pesky Ford GT40 that wanted to play!

Take care,

George

Old 05-18-2011, 11:16 AM

My plan is to run it like I have most of my street car kits. Arm switch, spray on a button on the wheel a rpm window switch to make sure I don't get excited and spray beween gears and a wot switch so I don't get excited and jump on the button to quick LOL.

I am sure I will run it on the street if the right situation comes along. My supra would white smoke the tires at 130 if they were cold so yea I know what you mean!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

My plan is to run it like I have most of my street car kits. Arm switch, spray on a button on the wheel a rpm window switch to make sure I don't get excited and spray beween gears and a wot switch so I don't get excited and jump on the button to quick LOL.

I am sure I will run it on the street if the right situation comes along. My supra would white smoke the tires at 130 if they were cold so yea I know what you mean!
Yeah, same setup. I think the STR is up for a 75-100 shot... Shouldn't hurt anything if it's sprayed according to your critera - only @ wot, past a certain RPM, etc.

I had a similar setup in my E36 m3. WOT switch, RPM Window switch, arming switch, and the button, but I had a handheld one on a phone cord type setup.... Used to tuck it between the seat and the console. The arming switch was an extra heated seat switch in the center console row of switches, (with functioning LED, and one in the cluster )

Unless you took the trunk apart, no one would ever know it had a bottle in it.

We had a guy come into the shop with an e46 m3 years back. Had an NX wet kit he wanted installed, didn't even care if it was hooked up to the motor, just wanted to purge nitrous out of the side fender vents at shows.... Car had about 300lbs of stereo in the trunk, all sorts of carbon fiber and other stuff... To each is own I guess!

Take care,

George

Old 05-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

...Man all this sounds awesome, will it be possible for you to make a video clip of this project?

Old 05-18-2011, 03:28 PM

Installing the juice is easy, tap the intake and install jets, tank mount and line to the front, install the silenoids, tapping the fuel I have to look at an wiring is pretty simple. The only out of the norm on this car will be the WOT switch due to the drive by wire. You need a relay set for the WOT voltage that interrupts ground if your not at wot.

I will take some detailed pics As I put it in. The car should love a small shot and it will help cool things down as an added bonus.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Veteran Member

Installing the juice is easy, tap the intake and install jets, tank mount and line to the front, install the silenoids, tapping the fuel I have to look at an wiring is pretty simple. The only out of the norm on this car will be the WOT switch due to the drive by wire. You need a relay set for the WOT voltage that interrupts ground if your not at wot.

I will take some detailed pics As I put it in. The car should love a small shot and it will help cool things down as an added bonus.
Yeah, do you have the factory wiring diagrams for the car? I can set you up if you don't.

You can either install a microswitch @ the throttle pedal Or monitor the TPS voltage.

Would you put the jets pre or post tb? I'm guessing post...

Take care,

George

Old 05-18-2011, 04:04 PM

I am not a huge fan of those mico switches if it's not on the TB. They always break or move at the worse time on the gas in my experiance.

I don't have wire diagrams but all I need is switched power and the Tps is pretty simple eveything else is self contained. I just have to look the fuel system over and see where I am going to tap it and check the fuel pressure which should be more then fine with a rising rate regulator for the forced induction setup.

On a 75 shot I would just put them pre TB in the intake tube with a single fogger as is normal. It's not enough juice for a direct port and all the effort to pull everthing and tap the injector spacers.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member

I am not a huge fan of those mico switches if it's not on the TB. They always break or move at the worse time on the gas in my experiance.

I don't have wire diagrams but all I need is switched power and the Tps is pretty simple eveything else is self contained. I just have to look the fuel system over and see where I am going to tap it and check the fuel pressure which should be more then fine with a rising rate regulator for the forced induction setup.

On a 75 shot I would just put them pre TB in the intake tube with a single fogger as is normal. It's not enough juice for a direct port and all the effort to pull everthing and tap the injector spacers.
What year is your car? I'll post the whole car's wiring guide for you to download.

I figured it would go pre TB, you could probably drill / tap the mafioso intake piece pretty easily, and make for a nice clean install...

Take care,

George

Old 05-18-2011, 04:20 PM

03str... Thanks.

Yep that's exactly my plan. That hard tube will tap very nice nos on one side and the small pre blower meth inj Tip on the other.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member

Here you go

I threw it on my server for you...

http://www.itprosondemand.com/jaguar...ec%20Guide.pdf

Yeah that's going to be a nice setup. I still need to get my hands on one of these R cars eventually....

Take care,

George

Old 05-18-2011, 05:28 PM

Thanks!!

Yea I think it will be a nice little street car. Shooing for 500 at the tires on spray, no monster but it will have speed to back up the good looks