Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headrests (Fixed)

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Headrests (Fixed)

Yes, yes - I know... Search is my friend - but not really

Trust me, I've searched now, and read a veritable TON (see again: ) on folks doing the vid-screen conversions for rear entertainment, the venerable cable (power/adjustment problems) length issues/corrections - but my question, that I just can't seem to find a plain, QUICK, easy, SIMPLE answer to anywhere is...

Once a drivers-side headrest has been pulled-out (accidentally - LONG story there, that I will skip for now/not bore anyone with) - HOW DO YOU GET IT BACK (properly, so it can once again POWER adjust) IN?

There has just got to be, a very straight-forward, simple hint/tip or TRICK to this ...but for the life of me, right now it seems to be eluding me.

Can anyone here please possibly advise/HELP?

TIA
-Grant

Old 03-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 221 Likes on 170 Posts

all i can suggest is to chec jtis

Old 03-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...-fitted-49528/

Try this link for some hints. Other members have installed it.

Old 03-14-2012, 04:11 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

are u trying to fit back stock non lcd headrest or the lcd one?

the stock one shud just pop in with little push , dont push too hard , its all plastic

if it doesnt pop , and ur headrest goes power up but not down then u might have broken plastic part

cheers

Attached Thumbnails Headrests (Fixed)-dsc07082.jpg  

Last edited by godfatty420; 03-14-2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: addition
The following users liked this post:
Scrumpot (03-16-2012)
Old 03-15-2012, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by godfatty420
are u trying to fit back stock non lcd headrest or the lcd one?

the stock one shud just pop in with little push , dont push too hard , its all plastic

if it doesnt pop , and ur headrest goes power up but not down then u might have broken plastic part

cheers
Yes, I am just trying to fit back the original stock non-lcd headrest, that got pulled out manually - and will not seem to go back in.

Yeah - I've read elsewhere too, that supposedly, it should just push back in - but it does not seem to ever make even contact with anything to give that final push, to - in order to "seat" it. When I look down into the tubes with an LED flashlight, I also do not see any plastic or recepticle the bottom of the posts can even fit in to. It is perplexing. I know there's got to be something obvious I am just plain missing...

Old 03-15-2012, 03:54 PM

There are notches on the bottoms of the headreast steel posts, which make it appear as though they should just push/snug right into some type of retainer mechanism/receptacle down inside there. However, when peering down into the seat-back holes/tubes - I do not see ANYTHING for these to engage with. I put the headrest back in, and it just slides all the way to the bottom (with ZERO resistance or ever engaging/contacting anything), then pulls easily again, all the way back out.

Perhaps I need to remove the seat rear panel? How is that done? I certainly don't want to break anything more here now, than I feel I already have!

TIA everyone, for putting up with my silly, STUPID questions.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Smile Found it / all FIXED! :-)

Thanks guys, for the links and the guidance. I finally found it/figured it out! - The picture posted by godfatty, in combination with the link from carelm, where within that string, someone mentioned how the seat-back pops out, gave me my "cure".

The plastic retaining mechanism had apparently, been retracted too far down within the seat and jammed, so that it wasn't able to go back up on its own for me to re-engage the seatposts into it, without that seat back being removed, and me manipulating it far enough and realigning it to secure it back onto the headrest posts that way. - So... ALL FIXED / ALL BETTER now, and once again, I have an absolutely PURRRRRFECT (and fully functioning once again in every way) kitty.

Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Scrumpot, a bit off topic but you must be Trevors dad, I just noticed your signature picture.

We all were ooogling over your vehicle a week or so ago! Beautiful vehicle! Congrats.

How are you loving your new STR?

Old 03-16-2012, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Scrumpot, a bit off topic but you must be Trevors dad, I just noticed your signature picture.

We all were ooogling over your vehicle a week or so ago! Beautiful vehicle! Congrats.

How are you loving your new STR?
Indeed - Right you are! ...On all counts!!

I in fact am the one who SNAGGED that Radiance (Burgundy) STR out of Midlothian - and yes - I am ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT!! :-)

But don't tell the GF/Family on me now though... That was my "excuse" for a needed "FAMILY vehicle" - They all think it is nothing more than just my much needed daily-driver family sedan!

Old 03-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

mums the word!

Kinda sounds like another member that just picked up a pristine 2006 platinum STR back in November for his "family sedan". I won't mention his name but its fellow member SCSTR .