Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater hose connections

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 03:16 AM
jya
Received 168 Likes on 121 Posts
Default Heater hose connections

After noticing a coolant smell over the last few days, popped the bonnet today and noticed a leak where the plastic/rubber ends of the 'heater hose connections' coming out of the DCCV in the engine bay meet the alloy pipes that go towards the heater core.
Could anyone please advise best course of action for repair, probably need to replace!

Only one of the hoses seems to be leaking but I would assume best to replace both of these bottom crimped hoses?
Sounds like I may need to remove several hoses to get to these.
May come as a multiple attached hose kit?
Part numbers would be great of course; my old Sony Vista laptop that had the software finally died. Tried but can't as yet seem to get it to work on Windows11..

Coolant been squirting up on the metal plate to the right of this photo. Twenty year lifespan is nothing to complain about on a modern car! Its only that modern style join just forward where the hose has been crimped where the leak appears to be really and hoses probably had a lot more like in them.

Coolant level had obviously dropped

Gently prodded the soft rubber bit of the connection away from the crimped end with this large screwdriver indicated and it started squirting in that location.

Old 10-06-2022, 03:43 AM
Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Cut off the crimped connector carefully. Then replace rubber hose with new hose, using jubilee clips to secure each end instead of crimping?

Old 10-06-2022, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 635 Likes on 498 Posts

You can do a parts lookup on Barratt's website:

SNG Barratt US | S-Type AIR CONDITIONING/HEATING/VENTILATION Parts

It looks like both heater hoses are replaced as a single unit.

The following users liked this post:
NBCat (10-06-2022)
Old 10-06-2022, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportston
Cut off the crimped connector carefully. Then replace rubber hose with new hose, using jubilee clips to secure each end instead of crimping?
absolutely this. They are relatively easy to get to. Way easier than a complete hose replacement

Old 10-07-2022, 03:39 AM
jya
Received 168 Likes on 121 Posts

Thanks for the reply Gents. Interesting suggestion of just cutting off the crimped connection of these two hoses.
I'm trying to work out however what exactly that suggestion means? Cut off the crimped fitting, stretch the hose over the alloy heater pipes and tighten with a jubilee clip, or run a new generic same diameter hose from the Dual coolant-flow valve, where these two hoses stem from?

For anyone interested, I've listed the part numbers with photos below:

XR850719

XR850720

As I've mentioned these two hoses with crimped ends stem from the Dual coolant-flow valve. The sketch/diagram on Jaguar's spare parts site - parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com, is not quite correct. These three hoses that fit over the three alloy heater pipes are shown but the part number is wrong (for my X202 STR at least) for one hose, listed as item number '8 Heater feed hose XR841800' on the Jaguar site.
I've looked at many photos on line of this this part numbers' hose and its nothing like my very small/short (top) hose shown in my first post #1.
It's miles longer/larger than the hose in my engine bay that's supposed to be in that position.. For the later cars?
Photo below:

Supposed to be XR841800

Another view of what's supposed to be XR841800

The sketch in the official Jaguar 'Technical Guide, 2003 Model Year Update' appears to have got the proportions right but I can't find a part number for this hose anywhere. Which seems to be one of a three hose junction.
As per below:

This sketch has the dimensions of this hose correct. Can't seem to find the part number for this.

Old 07-12-2023, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 370 Posts

the XR841800 hose you show appears to be the bottom (middle) hose on the DCCV that goes up to the 4 way manifold. Its not set up that way on my 2006 STR. On my 06 str that middle (bottom) dccv hose isn shorter and goes almost verticle and tees into the big hose from the radiator to the manifold. I got fooled too as I bought that part only to realize it doesnt fit my year model.

Old 03-20-2024, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sportston

I know this thread is old but it helped me solve a heater hose connector failure. I removed the heater control valve along with the attached hoses. Then I cut off the crimped and installed the connector in the picture on the existing hose. The connector is readily available on the shelf at most auto part stores. The connector fits on the metal pipe just like the factory one. Using this connector you can make the repair for less than $20 instead of spending about $50 on the factory hose.

The following users liked this post:
kr98664 (03-20-2024)