S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Kendall, Don't replace anymore parts till you acertain how the engine is running? Smooth? Rough? High idle?, etc. A vaccume leak will lean the fuel metering which in turn will cause improper O2 sensor readings, etc. The 3.0 has a few known areas chronic for vaccume leaks, i.e. at the intake manifold runner control solenoids. These are circular in shape, located on top of intake manifold with a power wire going to it. The gasket behind the plastic ring (3 screws hold it on to manifold) is prone to deterioration. Another is a vaccume hose under the intake manifold on drivers side. Forum members jagv8, Brutal, androulakis (George), etc. are very adroit in guiding you through the process of differential diagnosis. Good luck and all will turn out ok.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kendallmoorer
I have a 2000 jaguar 3.0 V-6. I recently had oxygen sensor problems. Bank 2 of 1 and bank1 of 1. I replaced both of them, cleard codes. nest day I got 2 other codes stating that the air metering?, was another problem. I changed air filter, clearerd code. Next day, its just the manufactroing air metering 2 of those codes. Today it's 3 codes. one manufactoring code and the oxgen sensors. Could you giude me in the direction of what the problem is? Will give a donation when solved. Promise you.
Donation in the form of Money or just a Thumbs up? JK! May I ask what brand o2 sensors you installed in? I heard if you dont use high quality/oem branded o2 sensors it'll throw out error codes. These jags are very sensitive to what you install in them, the bitch will throw it back in your face if its un-happy with something she doesnt like installed in her

Old 02-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by kendallmoorer
I have a 2000 jaguar 3.0 V-6. I recently had oxygen sensor problems. Bank 2 of 1 and bank1 of 1. I replaced both of them, cleard codes. nest day I got 2 other codes stating that the air metering?, was another problem. I changed air filter, clearerd code. Next day, its just the manufactroing air metering 2 of those codes. Today it's 3 codes. one manufactoring code and the oxgen sensors. Could you giude me in the direction of what the problem is? Will give a donation when solved. Promise you.
Mass Air Flow sensor. 99%

You had P0174 and P0171 codes?

It's not the 02 sensors, it's the car thinking it's going lean.

Take care,

George

Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

Looking at live data with a cheap OBD tool such as elm327 would let you home in on what's wrong. Or keep throwing parts at it, you'll get there eventually.

Good idea to put car details as below:

Old 02-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

MAF sensors get dirty really easy. I clean mine every 2-3 months. Go to autozone get a can of MAF sensor cleaner. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER CLEANER. I disconnect battery to clear all codes from ecm. Spray the inside of MAF really good several times with cleaner. Let it air dry. Make sure rubber o ring is clean and in good shape on MAF.
Reinstall, hook up battery, start car, let idle for 5 mins (this is reprogramming ecm) then drive car for 5-10 mins. Shut off car.

Your car will run like new better response, milage ect.
The MAF is one of the most over looked (tune-ups) you can give your car.

If your car starts acting bad shortly after doing the above your MAF most likely will need replaced. ($60.00)