S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with connector and washer fluid warning

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default help with connector and washer fluid warning

Still running great!!! I continue to look at Engine on daily basis to see if anything I put back together starts leaking and found a connection I am not sure about. Here is a pic of it, gray in color with two wires feeding it. Can someone give me an idea? Also only warning I get from computer is my washer fluid is low. I checked it and its full. Any thoughts on why I am getting this warning or how to correct it? Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails help with connector and washer fluid warning-not-sure-what-.jpg  
Old 05-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Mike, our '05 doesn't appear to have that connector. Sorry buddy.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:01 AM

Thanks Rick, my thought is when checking all the codes do the techs plug into that port under the front dash or do they plug in somewhere else to get the readings and maybe its this connection? The way its wired and set up, it really has no place to go as it is. My washer fluid level, not sure other then a fuse or a clearing of a fault code? Just guessing. Could not find any posts in reference to the washer fluid level on the site.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

They plug into the DLC (OBD-II port, in the cabin). You may need another pre-facelift V6 to compare with for that loose connector.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,857 Posts

Wouldn't hurt to pull your wiper fluid pump fuse, check it, and reseat or replace it....

When we purchased our S-Type in December 2008, the wiper fluid reservoir and the entire system itself was bone-dry (so much for the famous 140-point Jaguar pre-sales inspection). I filled the reservoir full upon bringing the car home, but by the next day it had gone down by at least 20 ounces. Filled it again. Same thing the next day, and the next. It took nearly a week to get it full and keep it there. At that point, the "low fluid" message finally went away....

The following users liked this post:
Jpl (09-20-2012)
Old 05-10-2010, 11:21 AM

Thanks for the help. Sent a pm to Gus since he has the same year to take a look and see if he has same thing and if connected to anything. The tank for the washer is filled and not changing or draining at all so will pull the fuse and see what happens. Thanks again.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:17 AM

Replaced the fuse and still getting the message level low for washer fluid. Hey it could be worse Will try to figure it out.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,213 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Amadauss
Still running great!!! I continue to look at Engine on daily basis to see if anything I put back together starts leaking and found a connection I am not sure about. Here is a pic of it, gray in color with two wires feeding it. Can someone give me an idea? Also only warning I get from computer is my washer fluid is low. I checked it and its full. Any thoughts on why I am getting this warning or how to correct it? Thanks.
I just got my car back and will need a wider photo of where this plug is to identify it.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:31 AM

Thanks Gus, here is the pic. Its the gray looking thing. please refer to pic in beginning of post for better view of connection. Problem is nothing near it to attach as far as I can see so that is why I thought maybe attaching to an external port of some kind. I did change the fuse with a new one and still get the warning on the screen showing low fluid level in washer. Have a code reader that does allow me to clear codes and have not tried that as of yet

Attached Thumbnails help with connector and washer fluid warning-wire.jpg  

Last edited by Amadauss; 05-27-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Gus
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Amadauss
Thanks Gus, here is the pic. Its the gray looking thing. please refer to pic in beginning of post for better view of connection. Problem is nothing near it to attach as far as I can see so that is why I thought maybe attaching to an external port of some kind. I did change the fuse with a new one and still get the warning on the screen showing low fluid level in washer. Have a code reader that does allow me to clear codes and have not tried that as of yet
Well I found the same connector and as best I can tell this plug is used as a test point. I will look into and get back with you. It does not look like it has fallen of part of another unit.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

Someone else with a pre-2002/3 V6 (so, 3.0) should be able to figure that out

I'd have that black plastic cover off just in front of it - the cover over the radiators. There are about 4 fasteners with cross heads that twist undone. Maybe there's a mating connector hidden beneath. If there is, I would NOT join them up! I'd want to figure out where the parts go and then do some tests in case there's a fault that someone "cured" by disconnecting the parts.

haha - nice one Gus, managed to post as I was typing!!

Last edited by JagV8; 05-27-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: beaten to the draw
Old 05-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Gus
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gus
Well I found the same connector and as best I can tell this plug is used as a test point. I will look into and get back with you. It does not look like it has fallen of part of another unit.
Go to this location http://www.captainjaguarscathouse.co...ec%20Guide.pdf and you can tract the washer system control wiring, it might help.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

I was at Jaguar and they told me that if your car was a V8 4.0 then it would have an additional water pump for the heating system and that plug was for it.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

It looks like the factory timing jumper. On the Fords I have had they have one or more of these. When you set the base timing of the car you need to pull the jumper to stop the computer from adjusting the timing. This will allow you to properly set the base timing before the computer starts adjusting things.
This is just a guess??

The following users liked this post:
Amadauss (09-10-2012)
Old 05-27-2010, 07:23 PM

Thanks Gus and everyone else for the help. I did have that cover off Jagv8 when doing the other project and did look for something else it might connect to with no luck. And my car is a V6 so don't think it would be for another water pump. Will check out that wiring site Gus you suggest. Thanks.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

What they told me was that the wiring harness is the same for the v6 3.0 as the v8 4.0. It was one of the mechanics that told me that.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Amadauss, just wondering if clearing your computer code finally and permanently stopped the washer fluid message from constantly showing? I am in the same situation right now and I need to figure a way to get around it....

Old 09-25-2010, 11:31 AM

No still no cure for it. Every time we start the car the message is there. The Washer tank is full. Have changed the fuse and during my various issues with the car, have disconnected the battery which resets the whole system and still get the message. Somewhere along the line the computer is getting a message that the tank is not full and have not been able to figure it out.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amadauss, i finally figured what was wrong with mine....The sensor had gone bad in that the floater at the tip of the sensor has fallen off of it...making the sensor think that there is no fluid in the bottle. However, I picked up a new sensor and grommet(gasket) today for about $48 from the dealership, installed that in the bottle and i am now good as before...So i suspect your level sensor being bad and until you replace it, the warning would remain there....

Old 09-27-2010, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the info Aibeekay. Really appreciate it. That message was starting to drive me crazy Probably the same issue for me on this. Was the switch very hard? I have to take a look but I am guessing it is located right at the top of the washer reserve correct? Thanks again!!!!

Quick Reply: help with connector and washer fluid warning