S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Part Identification

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with Part Identification

Hey guys. Summer is coming around the corner and it's time to fix all the stuff that's been neglected all winter. I've got a 2005 jag s-type vin ending in N29173 and I need some help identifying names/numbers of a couple miscellaneous parts that I need to replace. I've tried searching through the parts pdf but I don't think it lists the minor parts I need and just groups them into assemblies. I'm hoping that if anyone has replaced these parts before they may know a thing or two that could help me find my own replacements

So, I tried to open my sunroof when it was too damn frosty and I accidentally snapped a little plastic bit in my sunroof assembly. I believe it's the part that pulls the sunroof glass back and forth into position. Originally it was stuck open on an angle so my mechanic and I disassembled it to find the issue and then reassembled it so that the glass would lay flat and not leak. Below is a picture of the part and the 2nd picture is where it is located in the track. The weather is warm again and I love driving with the sunroof open so if anyone can help identify this part that would make my day The sunroof assembly is on p.28 of the part guide I've linked below but it's gotta be grouped in an assembly and I'm not sure where else to find info on it.
Imgur
Imgur

The next part I don't have a picture of but hopefully someone can get a clue from the description. My front passenger window squeaks when you use it and has start to leave vertical scratches on a certain spot of the window pane. My mechanic says that the rubber on the piece of metal that guides the window pane has likely deteriorated. I found this out when I switched my tires over and didn't have time to disassemble the passenger door so I'm not positive this is correct but I trust his analysis. I'm thinking this is something that's more likely to have been replaced so hopefully someone can provide some info on it. I've stopped using that window but it's going to be summer time and it would be nice to have the windows down so any help is greatly appreciated. The front passenger window assembly is on p.25 of the linked part guide. It looks like it has some more detail that could tell me info about the part but because I'm not sure what the part actually looks like I'm still unable to pull any info from it.

Here's the parts pdf if you'd like to have a quick look.
http://www.drivehq.com/web/jfenley/P..._2000-2005.pdf

If anyone can help me find info for these parts it would be greatly appreciated!

One last thing I'd like input on is a check engine code that I get occasionally- usually once or twice per gas tank fill-up. It's this error code
Jaguar P0456 OBD/DLC Error Code - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (very sm
I have a cheap obd scanner but I've only used it to read and erase the code. I'm not sure how to use it to activate the vent solenoid like the guide details. I'm just wondering if anyone's had this error pop up and where was the location of the leak if they got it checked out. It seems like a very minor thing but I'd rather ask and know than cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Thanks for reading through all that. I would really appreciate some input, help and guidance.

Cheers

Old 04-18-2015, 12:01 PM
Received 2,646 Likes on 1,822 Posts

Have you performed a search of this forum for these items? I believe they have been covered previously.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright I searched around the forums a bit and didn't have much luck finding info on the window roller that's scratching the window. However I did have a bit of luck with the sunroof. Someone replaced theirs and linked this repair kit

'00 '02 Lincoln LS Sunroof Repair Kit | eBay

The only s-types it lists compatibility with is 2000-2002. Will it be compatible with my 2005? The parts look similar but not identical and I'm not having much luck finding a 2005 repair kit on the internet.

Last edited by NoLagInTheJag; 04-19-2015 at 12:34 PM.