Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Hesitation problem

I would put money on the problem being the Throttle Body! Not too much money though, not that much lying around the house!

Old 08-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Artie Ziff

Hello,

I have a 2002 4.0 that is giving me some trouble. The car does not want to accelerate from slower speeds. It seems almost like the throttle body and the gas pedal have no idea what each other are doing. You can push the pedal allthe way to the floor and it just continues its current speed and RPM and then all of a sudden it will take off. Does not do it as much at highway speeds, seems more obvious at slower speeds. No codes. Jaguar has had itfor almost two weeks andagrees it is notright, but can not fix it because they don't know what to do. Most of the obvious stuff has been checked, filter, vaccum leaks, etc both by Jag and myself. I scan the car quite frequently just to see if it is storing any codes. I have my own fuel injection cleaning kit that run of the canister of cleaner, but have not used it on a returnless fuel system yet, needs to do a little research. I am hoping it is something easy and not a bad throttle body. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Artie, not sure if this is the same thing you're dealing with, but my 2000 S Type 3.0 had major hesitation issues several weeks ago. Same scenario, no codes. I wasn't sure if I had a clogged fuel line, transmission issue, or something else. This continued for about 2 weeks until my ENGINE lite finallycame on. This is good news, because it also means a code should show.

Took it back to the dealer,and twoof the coils had gone bad. They were replaced - No more issues!

Good luck !!

Old 08-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it still under warrenty? If not are they keeping you posted on cost to date?

Old 08-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TBG what code did you wind up getting when your engine light finally came on? I have those issues sometime myself. It is narrowed down to Coils, Soleniod, PCM, or VCT. Hopefully it is just the coils on mine also.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

ORIGINAL: tallblondeguy

ORIGINAL: Artie Ziff

Hello,

I have a 2002 4.0 that is giving me some trouble. The car does not want to accelerate from slower speeds. It seems almost like the throttle body and the gas pedal have no idea what each other are doing. You can push the pedal allthe way to the floor and it just continues its current speed and RPM and then all of a sudden it will take off. Does not do it as much at highway speeds, seems more obvious at slower speeds. No codes. Jaguar has had itfor almost two weeks andagrees it is notright, but can not fix it because they don't know what to do. Most of the obvious stuff has been checked, filter, vaccum leaks, etc both by Jag and myself. I scan the car quite frequently just to see if it is storing any codes. I have my own fuel injection cleaning kit that run of the canister of cleaner, but have not used it on a returnless fuel system yet, needs to do a little research. I am hoping it is something easy and not a bad throttle body. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Artie, not sure if this is the same thing you're dealing with, but my 2000 S Type 3.0 had major hesitation issues several weeks ago. Same scenario, no codes. I wasn't sure if I had a clogged fuel line, transmission issue, or something else. This continued for about 2 weeks until my ENGINE lite finallycame on. This is good news, because it also means a code should show.

Took it back to the dealer,and twoof the coils had gone bad. They were replaced - No more issues!

Good luck !!
Was hesitation the only issue you were having? Was there any stutter or noticible differences in power at the upper rpms when WOT? Usually coils that are going do that.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

I'll put my money that I don't have lying around my house either on it being something electrical such as the MAF.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 PM
mep
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bacardi 151 Usually coils that are going do that.
I had the same instance and it was a faulty coil pack. I said just change 'em all - while your at change the plugs, too! [8D]