S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homelink not seeing rolling codes...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink not seeing rolling codes...

I have a 2006 S-Type that is seems to have lost its Homelink collective marbles.

First let me state Homelink was working just fine before I had to reprogram the garage opener because we had to remove a remote.

The opener is a Liftmaster from 1998 with Security Plus rolling codes.

I re-adding the original remote which worked perfectly so I then used it to try and reprogram the Jag with it.

Everything works great up to the point where the final button is pushed where it says it should detect the rolling codes. It doesn't - the light stays solid and the garage door does not open. I go ahead and teach the garage door opener about it anyways and it blinks the light after learning as expected, but nothing happens.

So as an experiment I took the car around the block and reprogrammed it using the old remote and brought it back home. The first button push opened the garage door, but since the code has now rolled, any subsequent button push is ignored. The old remote works perfectly every time.

For the life of me I can not get the Homelink in the Jag to "see" the rolling code from the opener - it stays solid and does not do the "blink fast then solid" dance.

I have tried every trick in the book, the ignition on/off, I even took the lights out of the opener to make sure they were not interfering.

I believe if I can get the Jag to see the rolling codes everything will work.

I am stumped. Help....

Dan

Old 02-19-2014, 02:50 PM
GGG
Received 16,868 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dan,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to S-Type forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some info about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 02-19-2014, 03:09 PM

Thank you sir. I have posted a proper "hello" and updated my signature. :-)

Old 02-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Received 2,266 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Dan-

This is a common problem. The instructions in the Jag owner's manual are just plain wrong.

Try this:

1. For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink® buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash, which may take up to 20 seconds. (Do not perform this step when training the additional HomeLink buttons.)
  2. Position the hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink surface, keeping the HomeLink indicator light in view.
  3. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold the desired HomeLink button and hand-held transmitter button. DO NOT release until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. (The rapid flashing indicates successful training.)
  4. Press and hold the trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.
    • If the indicator light is solid/continuous, training is complete and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.
    • If the indicator light blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns a solid/continuous light, proceed with Steps 5-7 for a rolling code device. A second person may make the following steps easier. Please use a ladder or other device. Do not stand on your vehicle to perform the next steps.
  5. At the receiver (motorhead unit) in the garage, locate the "learn" or "smart" button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the unit). If there is difficulty locating the button, reference the garage door owner's manual.
  6. Press and release the "learn" or "smart" button (the name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer). NOTE: Once the button is pressed, you have approximately 30 seconds to initiate the next step.
  7. Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the trained HomeLink button for two seconds and release. Repeat the "press/hold/release" sequence up to 3 times to complete the training process.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:11 PM

Just to update...

The issue turned out to be the main board in the opener.

After tearing my hair out trying every combination under the sun I called Chamberlain and even they were baffled. After a bunch of troubleshooting (unplugging, different remote, fresh batteries, etc) they finally suggested replacing the main board and just to be sure try using a new remote. After installing the new board the Homelink programming worked the first time on both cars.

Thanks for the help guys,
Dan