S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood Liner

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hood Liner

Any input on the hood liners that are shown on EBay and I think the vendor is on the forum?

Also, how bad is the install?

Thanks !!

Old 09-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

My 2005 STR had the hood liner replaced under warranty because of shrinkage. The one made from aircraft firewall material is far, far superior!! Much cheaper too. Do a search because I think the guy was giving forum members a better price than what he was charging on EBay. He has some real cool emblems he can add.
But it is a very high quality piece and much better than the factory item.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Heres the one by Gonzo that may be the guy you are talking about.
Here is a link I think he is on the forums cant remember though. Very good quality and looks awesome with the logo. Check out his site cause he has a Jaguar section now and you can see other emblems. I will say when you install it dont skimp on the spray glue. You will not want to put alot cause you will think it will be good enough. Go to town. Use more glue then you would think and make sure you have really good coverage with it.
Aircraft firewall material hood liner pad for Mustang, Corvette, Grand National, many other cars
Name:  DSC00148.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  53.2 KB

Old 09-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,712 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by tbird6
My 2005 STR had the hood liner replaced under warranty because of shrinkage.

Chris have you checked with your man at Scott about this?

Gonzo is the one I mentioned to you if warranty does cover it.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:56 PM

I haven't checked with Scott Jag yet. Went there today and picked up my tag. Even if they would replace it under warranty, for the price these look much better. Plus you & I need a project until I get my pulley & mofioso pipe.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SC STR
I haven't checked with Scott Jag yet. Went there today and picked up my tag. Even if they would replace it under warranty, for the price these look much better. Plus you & I need a project until I get my pulley & mofioso pipe.

Gonzos are very nice!

Old 09-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,427 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Thanks! That's the guy I was talking about. Nice product.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  19.3 KB

Yep, more than a few members here have added one of these to their Jags, and posted about it too.....

Never heard anything but good things about price, quality, delivery etc etc, so if you're in the market, go for it with confidence

Old 10-01-2011, 02:25 AM

Thanks guys.

Vance, is that your STR in the pic?

Old 10-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member

Sure is. She is a little lonely lately as I now ride a bike for a commuter so it only gets driven here and there. Had to drive it last Friday to school and now have a nice keyed into the paint "J" on my hood so I'm not too happy right now. Going to try and get it fixed soon. Going to try various things before I go to having to make a claim and pay a deductable on the insurance.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by vance580
. Had to drive it last Friday to school and now have a nice keyed into the paint "J" on my hood so I'm not too happy right now.
Chris that SUCKS man! Why would anyone want to do that? I feel for you brother!

Old 10-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

There is another pic in the Jaguar gallery on his site of mine.

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Chris that SUCKS man! Why would anyone want to do that? I feel for you brother!
I have a really really good feeling I know who did it. Some people just have gone off the deep end. Its looking like I might be able to wet sand it but when they came back up for the loop on the J the other part of the key hit and there is a little dent now. If I have to get it painted I'm going to prep the hood myself and the front bumper and have the bumper resprayed too. Bought some rain gear for my bike so I wont have to worry about riding in the rain anymore and can take the bike more. The "anyone" doesnt know about the bike so wont mess with that. I guess some people get bitter when they realize what a mistake they made.

Name:  DSCF9719.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:  DSCF9718.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  63.8 KB

Old 10-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Location: Westland, Michigan but I'm from central New Jersey!
Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi guys, yes I'm still here and thanks for the words about my hoodliners! I'm still trying to work up to the point where I can become a supporting vendor. Hopefully I can get there soon!

Thanks again!!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Well I need to do this now as I missed out getting mine replaced under warranty. The OEM ones look like crap anyway, cheap and the wrong materials.

So a couple of questions?

1. In the Jaguar section they show the pads being glued with the hoods removed from the car. Is this really necessary? Has anyone done it with the hood still attached to the car?

2. The original utilizes the plastic screw fasteners. Are those reused or abandoned?

Thanks

Originally Posted by vance580
Heres the one by Gonzo that may be the guy you are talking about.
Here is a link I think he is on the forums cant remember though. Very good quality and looks awesome with the logo. Check out his site cause he has a Jaguar section now and you can see other emblems. I will say when you install it dont skimp on the spray glue. You will not want to put alot cause you will think it will be good enough. Go to town. Use more glue then you would think and make sure you have really good coverage with it.
Aircraft firewall material hood liner pad for Mustang, Corvette, Grand National, many other cars

Old 10-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Staatsof
Well I need to do this now as I missed out getting mine replaced under warranty. The OEM ones look like crap anyway, cheap and the wrong materials.

So a couple of questions?

1. In the Jaguar section they show the pads being glued with the hoods removed from the car. Is this really necessary? Has anyone done it with the hood still attached to the car?

2. The original utilizes the plastic screw fasteners. Are those reused or abandoned?

Thanks
1. It is necessary to glue as that is the only way they will be held on. Removing the hood is going to be the best way to do it. It might be possible on but it will really be a pain in the butt. It only take a few minutes to take it off. Just make sure you have a buddy and a spot already set up then remove the four bolts. Take the lift shocks off first which if I remember just clip on. The hood is very light. Plus you are going to be using spray glue so its nice to get the hood in a seperate spot so you arent spraying glue and having to cover everything around to not get glue on it which you would have to do to get it to attach.

2. Yes the original screw fasteners are reused.

Make sure you use alot of glue and its covering every spot that the liner is going to go and do it in sections so you have time to work with it.

The following users liked this post:
Staatsof (10-10-2011)
Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tbird6
My 2005 STR had the hood liner replaced under warranty because of shrinkage. The one made from aircraft firewall material is far, far superior!! Much cheaper too. Do a search because I think the guy was giving forum members a better price than what he was charging on EBay. He has some real cool emblems he can add.
But it is a very high quality piece and much better than the factory item.
Was it replaced under the original warranty? I have the Certified Pre-Owned Select Edition Warranty, and my hood liner fell off. Just wondering if you knew if Jaguar will cover mine too.

I concur with you on the cheap quality though..haha...

Old 10-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,427 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Yes under the original factory warranty. I have been told that cosmetic stuff like the hood liner, emblems and things are normally NOT covered but the dealers have some leeway to keep the customer happy.

I got several things replaced that I thought they would not.
A new headliner because of a small wrinkle by the rear view mirror where it came off the windshield and was dangling by it's wires.
Both "R" emblems on the sides of the car.
Hood liner.
Had a sticky ash tray door and they replaced the entire thing!

I was pretty happy with the factory warranty and really thought long and hard about buying the extended one too. But it's been off warranty 1 1/2 years and about 25K miles with only a few items needing fixing so I am still happy.

The following users liked this post:
salmanezkhanz (10-12-2011)
Old 10-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Location: Westland, Michigan but I'm from central New Jersey!
Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Just an FYI I can now fabricate hoodliners for the 2000 to 2004 S-Type, which now covers the entire model year line from 2000 to 2008.

Thanks!!

Old 10-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So there's a problem with the OEM piece? I bought the car from CarMax they say they can fix it - I can't see putting the OEM part in if its gonna shrink...

Old 10-29-2011, 05:08 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SimoCat
So there's a problem with the OEM piece? I bought the car from CarMax they say they can fix it - I can't see putting the OEM part in if its gonna shrink...

For a good laugh: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...hingies-12977/

Quick Reply: Hood Liner