S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I disconnect the wiring harnesses from the bottom rear of the stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I disconnect the wiring harnesses from the bottom rear of the stereo?

Can someone tell me how to disconnect the two small harnesses from the bottom rear of the stereo/climate controls?

I am about to install a double din aftermarket navigation system in my 2005 S-type. I'd like to pull out the entire stereo/climate control unit, but don't know how to remove the two small wiring harnesses that connect to the rear of the panel which contains the hazard lights, remote door locks, and seat heater controls. All of the other harnesses to the stereo and climate controls came off easily by simply pressing a tab on the connectors.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by GerberDude
Can someone tell me how to disconnect the two small harnesses from the bottom rear of the stereo/climate controls?

I am about to install a double din aftermarket navigation system in my 2005 S-type. I'd like to pull out the entire stereo/climate control unit, but don't know how to remove the two small wiring harnesses that connect to the rear of the panel which contains the hazard lights, remote door locks, and seat heater controls. All of the other harnesses to the stereo and climate controls came off easily by simply pressing a tab on the connectors.
I didn't have a problem with them. They are just tabs too, although if I remember correctly you may have to flip it over to see them.

George

Old 05-07-2010, 06:39 AM

Thanks. No luck getting them out yet. I have another question. I have the Autoleads PC99-X47 on order. The adapter has and ISO connector on it that Autoleads says will fit the head unit. However, it doesn't appear that the head unit (Alpine INA-W900) will fit an ISO connector. Please advise...did you have to splice and reconnect wires using the PC99-X47?

Old 05-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by GerberDude
Thanks. No luck getting them out yet. I have another question. I have the Autoleads PC99-X47 on order. The adapter has and ISO connector on it that Autoleads says will fit the head unit. However, it doesn't appear that the head unit (Alpine INA-W900) will fit an ISO connector. Please advise...did you have to splice and reconnect wires using the PC99-X47?
You're going to have to cut the iso side of the connectors off and solder in the Alpine harness. A few european manufacturers use iso connectors... Blaupunkt, Becker etc. For some reason the Jag harness manufacturers insist on putting iso connectors on the other end of their harnesses.

Even if you got the regular harness it would come the same way.

Where did you order your Autoleads pc99-x47? Did you find a stateside supplier or did you order from the UK? Thanks in advance,

George

Old 05-08-2010, 04:58 AM

I ordered the PC99-X47 from Dynamic Sounds. See http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autol...or-p-9075.html

Do you know how to route the navigation receiver cable, so that it sits on top of the dash with little or no cable showing?