S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I AM NEW!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I AM NEW!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hey guys, I just signed up to jaguar forums becauseof myinterest in stype R's. I am almost positive that Im buying a 2003 stypeR with 54000 miles on currently at only $13500!!!! I thought this was a stunning deal and wanted reassurance. Is this a good deal? How many problems am I going to have with this car and how important is it to have a warranty? Where could I find a warranty for this???
ALSO THE ONE THING IT DOESNT HAVE IS NAVIGATION. HOW HARD WOULD IT BE TO INSTALL A AFTERMARKET CUSTOM STEREO INTO THE DASH.i WAS THINKING OF PURCHASING AN ALPINE TOUCHCREEN FROM BESTBUY TO COMPLETE THE ALPINE SYSTEM. aM I GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS INSTALLING AFTERMARKET STEROES INTO THIS? sHOULD I JUST WAIT FOR ONE WITH THE NAVIGATION?
PLEASE HELP ME IMMEDIATELY.
tHANKS, CHRIS
P.S HERES THE BEAUTY:

Old 01-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts
Default RE: I AM NEW!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  6.3 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Size:  6.4 KBName:  T15ESSST101-1.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  9.9 KBName:  tshirt03-2.jpg
Size:  6.0 KB

Hey Chris n welcome to the forum, nice S by the looks of it.
There should be some S experts along soon to offer sound advice I'm sure.

In the meantime, I'd like to suggest a few pointers for future posts.
Please DONT post in CAPS as a rule as this is considered shouting and generally annoys people
Please try to put specific headers in place so members know what the subject is and not, things like "HELP" or " HEY BIG JOE" that kinda thing.
I've deited your posts too as you had extremely large pictures across the page which means people have to scroll acorss which is also very annoying.

I do hope you get you STR whether its this one or another.
You'll find this an extremely helpful and friendly place to be with lots of very knowledgable guys about.

All the best

Jim

Jim

Old 01-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: I AM NEW!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Chris,
I had a 2003 STR and now have a 2005 STR.

A couple of thoughts...
I sold my '03 because the first year seemed to have more problems than usual. To date, my '05 has been flawless.

First things first - go the www.thelurch.com, it documents the known problems very well and I had all of them; i.e. headlight, power steering "cooing", torque converter failure and the car was eating a quart of oil every 1,500 miles. If you don't have service records or insights from the prior owner, I would wait and buy a Select Edition from a dealer and/or find a private party sale that has meticulous records or transferrable Select Edition.

Rotors are expensive and can't be bought outside of Jag dealers. The cheapest I've found is $550 for the fronts. You're also facing shock replacement sooner rather than later. OEMs, are again, a dealer-only sourced item and are expensive as they're variable dampening.

Just remember - you're buying a $63,000 car and the parts and service are geared torwards that demographic. If you're comfortable with that - you've got a lot of fun in store for you.

Good luck,
Eric