S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I met with owner of Euro Tek Designs

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Thanks bsfgross but the only Jaguar chart I find is for a 2001 XJR and it's not labeled so I can tell if it's stock or not?? 370 ft-lbs max I think and it's labeled "after supercharger install". The XJR is factory super charged??
here ya go:
http://www.eurotekdesigns.com/assets...Tuning2010.pdf

in the Jaguar section close to the bottom

Old 05-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts
Default Euro Tek Designs

Today I called Phil (owner of Euro Tek). He was busy doing body work and suggested I e-mail him. I will propose a group rate for his Stage 1 Kit, and for those who made their own mods...a reduction in $ for an ECU tune ($800 ?).

This morning Jaguar cleared then flashed both the TCM and ECU of adaptive learning info. and placed in latest software program. They advised I drive her hard through the first two gears in normal mode for 250 miles. There after, drive hard in the first two gears in "sport" mode. I notice an absence of the 1st to 2nd short shift (I could be dreaming). They made no promises.

In the Jaguar parking lot were the new stuff. The only car that made my fancy was the small two seater (XKJ?) The XJ (four door models) styling looked too slippery in shape and they are long, not enough hints of Jaguar signature cues/lines. Their wheels looked cool though (20"). The 5.0 N/A develops 385 hp, while the supercharged 5.0 puts out 470 hp. I thought my STR looked more of a Jag.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

How much did the dealership charge you for that?

Old 05-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member

oh and 800 for a tune is good and will get it at that price

Old 05-25-2010, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Default TCM & ECU reflash

Riski, Jaguar charged $110 to empty learned adaptive and old program and fill of new program of TCM and ECU.

I'll see if Euro Tek agrees to a group rate.

I checked under the new Jags and they all have 2 1/2" exhaust tubing (5.0 N/A and S/C).

In the sense of moving air, porting the s/c or replacing with a larger twin screw s/c effectively increases engine displacement (positive displacement).

Old 05-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 21,425 Likes on 8,628 Posts

A few years ago, in another forum under the XK/XKR part, a gentleman from San Diego designed and develpoed an "X" type exhaust system. IIRC, he claimed that his system goined from ~20-25 rwhp and was tested with many many dyno runs.
Some of you may already know about this and may be able to fill in the blanks.
I believe AVOS name was among the mix and if he see's this post may be of some help.
His system was not cheap and was around (IIRC) $1200-1500. I think he was also working on a different intake that may have gained similar power, but I'm not sure.
I don't know if it would fit the S Type or not, but if the underbody is similar, it may do so.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Veteran Member
Default Euro Tek Designs

Phil (owner) e-mailed me and said he already sells his tune and pulley at wholesale prices while Jag dealers mark it up 50%. He also wrote that he won't tune ECU's of those who don't have his pulley due to possible pulley performance issues(?).

Riski, I understand you have a 3 lb pulley. You could choose Euro Toys ECU tune or go to Euro Tek's Stage 1 Kit (1.5 lb pulley and ECU tune)? I doubt you will do this and don't blame you.

The replacement belt is $100, tensioner is $90, and updated bearings are $50 (1/2 hr install).

Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by bfsgross
Phil (owner) e-mailed me and said he already sells his tune and pulley at wholesale prices while Jag dealers mark it up 50%. He also wrote that he won't tune ECU's of those who don't have his pulley due to possible pulley performance issues(?).

Riski, I understand you have a 3 lb pulley. You could choose Euro Toys ECU tune or go to Euro Tek's Stage 1 Kit (1.5 lb pulley and ECU tune)? I doubt you will do this and don't blame you.

The replacement belt is $100, tensioner is $90, and updated bearings are $50 (1/2 hr install).
So EuroToys runs a +3lb boost pilley, but Euro Tek runs a +1.5 lb boost pulley?

Old 05-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm confused. Why not ask him to take part in this thread and answer our questions so that can perhaps place some orders....does he port and polish? Will his tune work with the 3lb pulley/over and under kit from Eurotoys?

Old 05-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I thought Euro toys gets their tune from these guys at eurotek... if thats the case why wont they tune with a 3lb pulley and why would the euro toys tune work and not theirs? Sounds like we are missing a piece of information.... "pulley performance isssues" is not something good to hear

Old 05-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member
Default Euro Tek Designs

I understand your confusion. Phil (Euro Tek) sells a Stage 1 Kit with an entry level (1 1/2 lb boost) pulley and ECU tune. He says he does not tune ECU's outside his kit because he claims to have the ECU program that is reliable for its purpose (known performance parameters and gains). Perhaps it's an advantage to "force" the purchase of his Stage 1 Kit? I don't know?
A great suggestion is for me to invite him to this forum. I'll see.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

Starting to sound like the BS flag is flying in the air again.....

They will not tune for a pulley of not thier own and they only sell a bigger one than I already have? How can they offer free updates of mods when they dont HAVE ANY! So they only tune for a one step down pulley swap and that is it?

EuroTek's tuning options are WEAK!
Stock intake, stock exhaust, no port/polish of blower unit, one size down of pulley swap, no lower crank pulley, no meth, NO *****!!!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bfsgross
I understand your confusion. Phil (Euro Tek) sells a Stage 1 Kit with an entry level (1 1/2 lb boost) pulley and ECU tune. He says he does not tune ECU's outside his kit because he claims to have the ECU program that is reliable for its purpose (known performance parameters and gains). Perhaps it's an advantage to "force" the purchase of his Stage 1 Kit? I don't know?
A great suggestion is for me to invite him to this forum. I'll see.

Why bother, they dont do nothing but a cookie cutter tune they made and that is it.....No dyno sheets to show any of these claims of gains in HP or TQ.....All flywheel numbers, which are prob close to made up. If he owned a 2 STR's he should have calid data and dyno results to show this. Just cause he did a tiny blower pulley swap and tune and was happy with it does not mean everyone else has to be! Some of us want more out of the car......The true reason I believe he dont tune w/ other pulley set ups and other mods is cause he dont know how to change it in the tune!

I will be willing to drive my happy *** to NY and strap it to a dyno and let him go at it. I am not satisfied with a cookie cutter tune they is given out to anyone.....Each car is different and requires a tune per car on the DYNO!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTransporter
I thought Euro toys gets their tune from these guys at eurotek... if thats the case why wont they tune with a 3lb pulley and why would the euro toys tune work and not theirs? Sounds like we are missing a piece of information.... "pulley performance isssues" is not something good to hear
+100!
This was the scenario that made me write-off EuroTek a few years ago. A pulley is a pulley. It shouldn't matter where you got it from. What exactly makes their pulley so special, & why would another same sized pulley throw-off an ecm tune?

Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Sorry a lil' pissed about this right now.....
I will not send them a dime of my money now, and will stash it away for AVOS's KB swap, and get is sooner than I was thinking!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The biggest thing is, it takes a brain to tune individually. With a pre set tune and mods package there are no obstacles to overcome on the spot. It takes much time to perform a proper tune to adapt and work 100% with modifications because you have to figure out the new specs through dyno runs and read outs (on the spot). Cant just pull the info like a stock vehicle and know every one is the same.

I am going through trying to find someone to tune my 01 XJR that I modded recently. It took $1,300 and one whole day to tune a speed density program for a modified Ford 302 I had in one of my Lincolns. Done right they figured out the new engines specs that day and tuned it as if they built it themselves and knew what to expect from what was done. That was done right and there is so much experience and info on Ford 302 mods and programs. No one wants to take on that challenge with a Jaguar. To be honest how many tuners see them?

Old 05-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

You can create different programs for different general scenarios. Let's face the facts:

1. There are a limited number of mods available for the car.
2. Aside for Andre's excellent dual rotor scenario, there are only three for the SC
a. Port & Polish
b. 1.5 lb pulley
c. 3.0 lb pulley
3. Maybe headers
4. K & N filter
5. Exhaust
6. Chip tune

So, a chip tune set for both 1.5 and 3.0 with K&N and exhaust would pretty cover everything, non?

Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Veteran Member

Not from EuroTek......Common sense is not common....I will continue the search else where for someone that actually knows what they are doing even if I have to send my ECU to Europe or drive cross the US to CA for a actual shop that dyno tunes them!

Old 05-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its just to bad they wont take the time to develope a few tunes for the Jaguars. As it is the market for these cars will become larger as they age. I mean I was 19 when I bought my 2003 XJ8, and have had two more XJRs in the past two years.

If they are afraid of money to be made vs money spent its not going to be that long before they become like BMW 3 series where as the younger guys who want to tune them can also afford them.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Veteran Member
Default Euro Tek Designs

Folks, I'm both new and excited by the subject of tuning and like you, I don't want to be taken. Because I sense and read your obvious concerns regarding Euro Tek, I'll volunteer my own feelings on the matter: Phil is a fast talking business man...A nice fast talking businessman and software engineer. I'm holding off for now.

Quick Reply: I met with owner of Euro Tek Designs