S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm baaaaaaack ......ugh

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I'm baaaaaaack ......ugh

Ok, just wanna say thanks to everyone on here for the great advice I've gotten so far, but here I am again with yet another issue, or actually a couple.

First, does anyone know what that little plastic piece that keeps the shift knob in place an allows it to shift gears is called. Mine broke a while back and I would like to order another one and in metal hopefully. i think it's been mentioned as a parking prawl??

On now the big issue, I got into my car to leave and it won't start, all the dash lights come one and the radio also but the engine will not click or turn over. I thought maybe my battery was a little low so I tried to jump it, it attempted to turn over once but then went back to doing nothing. The funny thing is that the radio will stay on even after the key has been taken out. any ideas as to what the issue is?

Old 02-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,551 Likes on 3,958 Posts

Dealer's parts guy should be able to find you the part. (Not called parking pawl, I think.)

Could be a bad ground or bad main +ve lead. Radio draws hardly any power so could still work. An autoelectrics guy might find it best if you can't DIY. Someone recently had a kink in the main +ve lead about at the front of the trunk (boot) so worth looking for anything similar.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,011 Likes on 4,114 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey scotty, re the plastic piece...try sending a pm to ken@britishparts on here. I'm sure he has supplied loads of these and also upgraded them I think.....check it out
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25941

Good luck

Old 02-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice and info, I really appreciate it!!!!