Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

inside wood trim 2005 S sport pkg

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default inside wood trim 2005 S sport pkg

Hi I have a 2005 S with sport PKG 3.0 72k n it

It has the gray or carbin fiber look in side and I do not like it and want to change it all to the wood look. Is this something I can do ? is there any drawings on how it all comes off ? I plan to change the dash and the air bag cover as well as the ashtray and shifter cover and also the door trim as well . I dont want to pry and brake any of it , thanks for any help I can get on how to do this . Or should I have it done, Thanks have a great day

Old 12-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 221 Likes on 170 Posts

i prefer the carbon fiber look but it's all down to personal taste, are you going to change everything, including door cards, it might get quite expensive.

This might help 2005 Jaguar S-Type Wood Grain Dash Kits | Carbon Fiber

Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Default in side trim

Thanks I have the same color car as in your picture my insides is all black it make the car look plane so I going to go with the wood it will brake it up I hope. to answere your question yes I am going to change everything I can to the wood except the stering wheel . I saw that site but not sure it would look that real pluse it sticks on and it may start to peel just a guess . I may try and sale my trim when I get done . have a great day

Old 12-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member

i had a Mitsubishi shogun about 15 years ago when it was the fashion to stick wood trim on the dash. I had it done by someone and it was very firmly attached. I am also ashamed to say i had a matching wooden colored ericsson eh237 mobile phone.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 PM

thanks i found a used salvage yard that only has jaguars and ordered all the would trim for the price of the ashtray and shifter plate . most good stick on kits that has all the pices want 250 i paid 350 shiped so i am happy . i just need to know how it comes off and back on so i dont break it . thanks

Old 12-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member

all i can suggest is maybe asking the salvage yard how they got it off or for some instructions, maybe in exchange for some or all of your carbon bits, or when you get the wood bits and have a look at them, you might be able to see how they were attached.

Good luck

Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

All the parts "unclip" however you will need to remove the passenger airbag completely since the panel is held in place by nylon straps to prevent the passenger from being struck by the panel if the airbag goes off.

I've removed all the trim panels from my XJR to re-cover them with vinyl, not a big job because I could wrap the airbag cover with it still attached to the straps.

Complete removal is a PITA...best suggestion I can give you is get hold of the JTIS V21 workshop manual, there are links here on the forum where you can download it.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Please tell me you aren't ripping out this interior trim

This is VERY rare in the US and not many have it.

The other "Dark" dash trim is actually dark stained wood. Anything else is not factory and was probably put over the factory finish.

It would be interesting for you to post up a picture of what you are removing...

Old 12-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Default wood trim

Thanks for the replys. I should be receiveing the wood trim this week they are off a 2007 S .. I am told they are in pristeen shape . they only handle Jaguars used parts were I got them ..

JOsworth I am takeing all the trim you have in your picture that is what I have . I would keep it but I have all black in side and to me it looks to drab If I hade your color in side I would keep it .. that cames on the sports pkg also it came with the R out side trim amd springs and coils and I may swap them out as well for the softer ride I have to think on it yet because it handles verry well . I will try and down load the service manual and see if it that helps . thanks for all the suggestions
Bob

Old 12-10-2012, 03:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

Make sme think to find another owner and swap cars!

Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

It's your car and you are free to do to it what you will.

Just be informed that you are changing a very rare car in the world of S Types to just a "dime a dozen" car.

This is much less drastic then the worse one I saw.... Back in Jersey in the 80's a body man I knew Al Campbell suddenly had a 1969 Shelby in his shop... It was a little rough but was all there...

Then he told me that he had to order stock Mustang parts because the girl that owned it liked the stock nose and tail lamps.

He actually brokered a deal where a collector gave her a restored 69 in trade for the Shelby then he had Al restore it... Whew.....

So, maybe JagV8's comment isn't that far off...

Attached Thumbnails inside wood trim  2005 S sport pkg-33439740001_large.jpg  

Last edited by JOsworth; 12-10-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

I'm a bit confused by your posts as to what you actually have?

The pictured interior supplied by Josworth is the brushed metal option.
Is that what you have or is it the very dark grey stained wood veneer?

BTW, dash panel pulls out with plastic removal tools (Harbor freight Tools, please use then carefully) but the retaining clips may rip out of the dash as well. Mine did in a few spots. The panels on the dash was well made with a cast alloy plate as backing for a very thin and well finished wood veneer.

Patience and gradual prying all around did the trick. The dash panel removal is documented on here, see my thread on speedo issues.

Originally Posted by yo_odie
Thanks for the replys. I should be receiveing the wood trim this week they are off a 2007 S .. I am told they are in pristeen shape . they only handle Jaguars used parts were I got them ..

JOsworth I am takeing all the trim you have in your picture that is what I have . I would keep it but I have all black in side and to me it looks to drab If I hade your color in side I would keep it .. that cames on the sports pkg also it came with the R out side trim amd springs and coils and I may swap them out as well for the softer ride I have to think on it yet because it handles verry well . I will try and down load the service manual and see if it that helps . thanks for all the suggestions
Bob

Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Received 251 Likes on 169 Posts

I *WISH* my interior was black with the aluminum trim. The ivory leather with birds eye maple combo got boring for me fast. Although I feel the white interior is 'brighter' and therefore, the cabin ambiance is more comfortable and cheery than an all black interior.

If the opportunity ever comes up to get my hands on an all black 'R' interior to swap into STR, i'll probably jump on it. Paint the wood trim aluminum while I'm at it, or body color even to really spice it up.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 AM

Not sure what to say I just feel the all black inside and the dash being drab takes away from the car Its not wood it must be the brushed metal option .. I have only had the car a week . I got it with 72k and the car is in ment condation . . If I deside to sale it I can put the trim back on or sale both with the car , thats why I trying to find out how it all comes off with out brakeing any of it. if the in side was two colors then it woud brake up the black the cabin is to drab all in black everything is black .. I got the car verry cheep so I wont have that much in it . I still would like some help on how to take the trim off .. Thanks for any help Bob

Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

You'll probably have to do a bit more research on here and then in a service manual to see the documented pry/pull spots for the other panels but the dash IS well documented on here.

The metal option shown in the above picture is silver and not black so I have no idea what you have then. If your'e new to the website then in a few days you should be able to post photos, there's a waiting period. Then we can clear this up.

So in the mean time maybe some research and you'll see how to do this.
I think these pieces are pretty robust, at least the dash stuff is.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by yo_odie
Not sure what to say I just feel the all black inside and the dash being drab takes away from the car Its not wood it must be the brushed metal option .. I have only had the car a week . I got it with 72k and the car is in ment condation . . If I deside to sale it I can put the trim back on or sale both with the car , thats why I trying to find out how it all comes off with out brakeing any of it. if the in side was two colors then it woud brake up the black the cabin is to drab all in black everything is black .. I got the car verry cheep so I wont have that much in it . I still would like some help on how to take the trim off .. Thanks for any help Bob

Old 12-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

I'm with Jeff on this. In addition to the dash pieces, you'll have to replace the ashtray pieces and the pieces around the power window switches otherwise you'll have a mixed bag of trim. That said, just make sure you can put everything back to original without damage.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

Just a comment from someone who has pulled the wood dash trim. Please don't do it unless you are forced to.

My dash wood got cracked on the passenger piece and I added another crack when I got it to FINALLY let go. The clips on the dash pieces are tighter than hell and I will not repeat that task again. I also had some creaking that was not there before after the reinstall. Although Brutals suggestion of using silicone grease on the clips is a good one and I will remember it.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 PM

thanks again . after looking at everything it is the aluminum trim . like I said if my insides looked like the picture above I would keep it as is . I ordered everything and should have it this week end . I am changeing everything including the doors and ashtray and shifter piece thanks again for all your help Bob Cambo351

2005 Jaguar XJR-Series

My Garage

Attached Images   
Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Leave your car alone!

You've been told you have a rare interior option, dont ruin it....

Old 12-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

In all fairness to the OP, he has a 3.0L V6 S-Type, hardly a collectors item...

Rare interior option? Maybe but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things...

It's his car, he can do what he wants with it...

As stated before I pulled all the wood trims out of my XJR and recovered them, it's not a big job.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...kup-xjr-80371/

And as for Rare Interior Option, the number of negative comments made about Cranberry Leather it would be easy to forget that it's a rarity....just because it's rare doesn't mean everyone has to like it...

As carelm said, just keep the original pieces...

Attached Thumbnails inside wood trim  2005 S sport pkg-xjr-004.jpg   inside wood trim  2005 S sport pkg-pianoblackmockup0.jpg  

Quick Reply: inside wood trim 2005 S sport pkg